Author Topic: Alert the Colbert Nation (We need a Colbert SuperNation TV-Ready Webpage!)  (Read 65041 times)

Mandrake

• Boss
Re: Alert the Colbert Nation (We need a Colbert SuperNation TV-Ready Webpage!)
« Reply #60 on: December 11, 2012, 02:03:02 AM »
Website has been updated... just noticed fade and info requests... check out the updated infor header, etc. Looking for the calssic CoH splash image now for the fade in... bbiam

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #61 on: December 11, 2012, 02:13:40 AM »
Website has been updated... just noticed fade and info requests... check out the updated infor header, etc. Looking for the calssic CoH splash image now for the fade in... bbiam
Looking better!  :-)

New picture and margins fixed - excellent.

More info page still has no Titan or SaveCoH hyperlinks.

She previous response by Colette - edited to include the images you need.

Edit:

Come to think of it, the hyperlinks should be switched on the Korean Times and Starburst Magazine section.  Instead of being in the section headers, make the article titles below them are the hyperlinks - "Unethical Game Closure" and "The Time Has Come to Boycott NCSoft".

Vasarto

• Boss
« Reply #62 on: December 11, 2012, 02:19:27 AM »
I am going to Print up all of the pictures of The Colbert Nation Super Group Super Base and Mail them all to him in addition to the letter I am going to write.

So he will Know what his super base looks like too!

Mandrake

• Boss
« Reply #63 on: December 11, 2012, 02:28:28 AM »
Ok...
- resolution fixes are in
- Picture fade ins are in: Coh title screen 5 second pause fades to angry Kim. 5 Second pause shuffles between them thereafter.
- Click Here button moved to strategic postion that works well for both pictures that is nicely visible to visitors and does not cover up anything visualy important.

Before I update any links: Do we want TitanNetworks to go directly to the forums, or to the main website?
- check on updating the article titles to also link out to respective articles.

Be back with updates in a min.

Colette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #64 on: December 11, 2012, 02:33:18 AM »
:: Watches the webpage update. Chews popcorn. ::

Yay teamwork! You know what this reminds me of...? Playing City of Heroes.

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #65 on: December 11, 2012, 02:41:38 AM »
Ok...
- resolution fixes are in
- Picture fade ins are in: Coh title screen 5 second pause fades to angry Kim. 5 Second pause shuffles between them thereafter.
- Click Here button moved to strategic postion that works well for both pictures that is nicely visible to visitors and does not cover up anything visualy important.

Before I update any links: Do we want TitanNetworks to go directly to the forums, or to the main website?
- check on updating the article titles to also link out to respective articles.

Be back with updates in a min.

I'd link the Titan Network to here, which is where the Titan main page Save Our City of Heroes image links to:
http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,4882.0.html

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #66 on: December 11, 2012, 02:49:49 AM »
Ok, re-posting site link as I'm getting tired of going back to page 3:

http://jmobiled.wix.com/cohtemp

OK, only issue I see now is the double-links to the Korean Time and Starburst Magazine at the bottom - they're double hyperlinked - remove them from the headers, leaving them just on the articles.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #67 on: December 11, 2012, 02:50:15 AM »
Oh my god....guys this is beautiful and you made me really, truly cry.  I go to bed, get some sleep, check my email, finally get over here---and it's DONE!  It's WONDERFUL!

The ONLY concern I have is the image of Angry Kim.  Is that public domain?  If not, can we use one of the Crey Corps goons instead?
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #68 on: December 11, 2012, 02:52:20 AM »
Oh my god....guys this is beautiful and you made me really, truly cry.  I go to bed, get some sleep, check my email, finally get over here---and it's DONE!  It's WONDERFUL!

The ONLY concern I have is the image of Angry Kim.  Is that public domain?  If not, can we use one of the Crey Corps goons instead?
Glad you like it!  :-)

And, nein!   We must keep this image - it's too good not to use!   ;D

Mandrake

• Boss
« Reply #69 on: December 11, 2012, 02:52:37 AM »
Ok then...

- All links updated: Titan goes to recommended Save our coh forum link, SaveCOH goes to respective site, Article titile links are also clickable
- Header graphic 'clickbox' added to front page
- Lined up everything for standard 1024 x 768 resolution, confined to center for any display.

Caveat: I've thrown this together using a web based interface which is HTML 5 based called 'wix'. There will most likely be some web browsers that possibly won't see it just right.
I've tried it in FireFox, Google Chrome, and IE without issue. Seamonkey has a bit of an issue with Title fonts being larger and therefore the Launchpad page is a little bit off, but nothing out of scope.

(Edited to adjust wording that possibly made it sound as if I had invented wix. lol)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 03:00:48 AM by Krnl_Mandrake »

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #70 on: December 11, 2012, 02:55:16 AM »
Ok then...

- All links updated: Titan goes to recommended Save our coh forum link, SaveCOH goes to respective site, Article titile links are also clickable
- Header graphic 'clickbox' added to front page
- Lined up everything for standard 1024 x 768 resolution, confined to center for any display.

Caveat: This is using a web based interface that I've thrown together which is HTML 5 based called 'wix'. There will most likely be some web browsers that possibly won't see it just right.
I've tried it in FireFox, Google Chrome, and IE without issue. Seamonkey has a bit of an issue with Title fonts being larger and therefore the Launchpad page is a little bit off, but nothing out of scope.

Awesome job, Krnl_Mandrake!

Except for the double hyperlinks - everything looks fantastic!   ;D

Mandrake

• Boss
« Reply #71 on: December 11, 2012, 02:58:28 AM »
OK, only issue I see now is the double-links to the Korean Time and Starburst Magazine at the bottom - they're double hyperlinked - remove them from the headers, leaving them just on the articles.

Trust me, from years of website design, implementation, and scripting... it is better to leave them both as available to click-thru. What one person sees as logical - another does not. Especially on these one or two page wonders you need the 'change in cursor' to happen as easy and large of an area as possible so people see it and use it. I made it a point to throw a *little* bit of professional look into page 2, but that's about it. Need to stick with the overall theme.

I will change it if everyone feels it must be so. I simply recommend against the change. Nothing ill-will meant.

Mandrake

• Boss
« Reply #72 on: December 11, 2012, 03:07:14 AM »
Oh yeah one last thing... we settle on the domain name yet?

I need to purchase it and move the site over to it. Once that is done and everyone (or a majority) has decided on the oki-doki... then we're free to link it out like mad. :)

Colette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #73 on: December 11, 2012, 03:11:37 AM »
Still wish you'd consider the dissolve I've offered instead of the classic CoH splash image. Either way, very proud to have contributed.

"Oh my god....guys this is beautiful and you made me really, truly cry.  I go to bed, get some sleep, check my email, finally get over here---and it's DONE!  It's WONDERFUL!"

It is pretty cool what we can all do when we work together, ennit?

Okay everyone, sound off on a suggested site name. Mine's NCSOFTTRAMPLESGAMERS
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 03:18:46 AM by Colette »

VyoletRose

• Lieutenant
« Reply #74 on: December 11, 2012, 03:17:44 AM »
Glad you like it :)

Nice work Krnl_Mandrake.

Tinkered with it a bit more, added a lil more detail....

I noticed that Asian dude has been used on blogs and various other sites with captions and whatnot...
Save City of Heroes | http://www.ourcityofheroes.com/

Mandrake

• Boss
« Reply #75 on: December 11, 2012, 03:17:57 AM »
Still wish you'd consider the dissolve I've offered instead of the classic CoH splash image. Either way, very proud to have contributed.

"Oh my god....guys this is beautiful and you made me really, truly cry.  I go to bed, get some sleep, check my email, finally get over here---and it's DONE!  It's WONDERFUL!"

It is pretty cool what we can all do when we work together, ennit?

I did not even see that you had posted other pictures for me to use... just went back and looked at the disolve statement.
I do not have a 'dissolve' effect to use without going into extra coding at the moment. The fade in and out effect is the best I have to offer for now sorry.
However I definitely will put the pictures in there you posted. I'll update in a few here...

Colette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #76 on: December 11, 2012, 03:21:32 AM »
Love your work, Vy!

The money's great, but I can't see what he's holding in the other hand. Okay, all the way zoomed in, I see they're superheroes. That element's not working for me. Too busy. Otherwise, super-awesome.

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #77 on: December 11, 2012, 03:22:33 AM »
I'd like to add one thing - I'll be more than happy to pay for the site registration and hosting, if it's under $100.  Just e-mail me the receipt pages and I'll PayPal whoever sets it up.

Mandrake

• Boss
« Reply #78 on: December 11, 2012, 03:24:35 AM »
Updated with the City hall... didn't use the one with Statesman, the transition looks way schweeter with just the city hall into the raging exec. :) lol
Check it out and lemme know

No worries about the hosting costs. I already have the server space and such. Domain name registration is like 15 bucks or less. I got it covered but thatnk you very much for the offer Jenessa I really appreciate the thought.

Colette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #79 on: December 11, 2012, 03:28:06 AM »
Oh, see... now that's what I meant! That is just delicious!

Hey Vyoletrose, maybe you could take a crack at the Statesman variant of the first image? I'm by no means an artist.

I'm sure we all appreciate the offer, Janessa.

Where're our domain name suggestions, folks?