Author Topic: DEMOlition demo builder  (Read 117814 times)

Arachnion

• Elite Boss
  • Professional Cynic
Re: DEMOlition demo builder
« Reply #60 on: January 10, 2013, 09:44:57 PM »
Yeah, none at all (I wiped the client after the shut-down, then later reinstalled from a backup, instead of using the installer, when I found out about  Icon and -demoplay)...

Have you tried downloading the Beta Client and using the launcher there?

http://www.savecoh.com/p/download-issue-24-beta.html

Might work :P

Plus, the beta server has all sorts of unreleased shinies, if you haven't been there.
I'm all dressed up with nowhere to go
Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder

Waiting for an invitation to arrive
Goin' to a party where no one's still alive

Mysterious J

• Minion
« Reply #61 on: January 10, 2013, 09:48:53 PM »
Yeah, that's the "backup" I mean...  it works fine, just the Demo Launcher can't seem to find it...

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #62 on: January 10, 2013, 10:26:17 PM »
Start the client once, then close it. The relevant keys should be created automatically.
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

Mysterious J

• Minion
« Reply #63 on: January 11, 2013, 02:59:51 AM »
Oh, wait, the keys are in HKEY_CURRENT_USER, not HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. All I had to do was create an "Installation Directory" string in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cryptic\Coh and point it to the right place and the Demo Launcher finds it.  Yay.

Celestriel

• Underling
« Reply #64 on: January 12, 2013, 02:16:35 AM »
ok, im getting really close to completing this whole ordeal. But im just a little off. Now maybe i had a different understanding on how this works but i cant seem to get the toon to move at all and the costume is coming in all weird. suggestions?

Arachnion

• Elite Boss
  • Professional Cynic
« Reply #65 on: January 12, 2013, 10:41:40 PM »
ok, im getting really close to completing this whole ordeal. But im just a little off. Now maybe i had a different understanding on how this works but i cant seem to get the toon to move at all and the costume is coming in all weird. suggestions?

You can't move your toon in demos easily, like you could in the real game... sorry.

That sounds like DEMOlition glitched on your costume. Sorry, not sure how to fix that without lots more info.
Maybe someone else could help with that... gotta go eat dinner now myself.
I'm all dressed up with nowhere to go
Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder

Waiting for an invitation to arrive
Goin' to a party where no one's still alive

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #66 on: January 12, 2013, 11:15:44 PM »
Thanks to this program, the coordinates and instructions on the wiki, and the helpful list of map-locations, I just completed this...

For the first time, Angel Investigations is together, on-screen at the same time :)

AWESOME!  I'll have to do the same for my superteam, The Super Hero Intelligence Taskforce (The SHIT!)

Bwah-ha-ha-ha!

Sapphire Jane

• Underling
« Reply #67 on: January 27, 2013, 07:01:31 PM »
I keep getting "Error on page" message when I try to create the demofile.  *sigh*  Any help would be appreciated.
"I try to forget the night that you left.  It's all so unreal with you gone." Journey

Ice Trix

• Boss
« Reply #68 on: February 19, 2013, 10:17:38 AM »
I keep getting "Error on page" message when I try to create the demofile.  *sigh*  Any help would be appreciated.

What web browser do you use?
What file are you trying to convert to a demo record? Is it a costume or a titan+ export?
If it's a costume, is it i24? With or without being in NPC mode?

MaidMercury

• Elite Boss
« Reply #69 on: April 14, 2013, 04:54:13 AM »
went to the DEMOlition website, uploaded a character.costume <--ext
set up some criteria in atlas,created a same name character.cohdemo <--ext
then went to Silex website, downloaded silex_fat.zip file, created a folder to store it under
c:/  folder name   [ silex ]....then extracted

created Folders in City of Heroes:  [ tmp ] and [ client_demos ]

tried to run....looks like costume got lost, -all I see is a generic character
It was great to see old school ATLAS PARk...JOY  ;D

some of my chars look good while others just are corrupted.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 03:13:07 AM by MaidMercury »

MaidMercury

• Elite Boss
« Reply #70 on: April 16, 2013, 03:45:22 AM »
well....guess it's progress....They look GREAT in ICON. but lousy on DEMOlition. I'm not sure what is going on.....Loaded ICON again-tried using switching to 'Going Rogue' and 'Heroes, makes no difference....names don't make a difference either, leaving it 'generic hero' or char name.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #71 on: April 16, 2013, 07:58:05 AM »
Judging by the white-out boots, you need to turn your graphics up. In ICON, hit 'back' until you get to the login screen. Edit your graphics to bugnuts high levels, then exit the game. This will boost your graphics in both demo files and ICON itself.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

MaidMercury

• Elite Boss
« Reply #72 on: April 30, 2013, 04:50:24 AM »
Think it's an Issue problem....they are suppose to be rocketboots appearing....Least i can get multi chars to show up....little by little, I'm chipping away at the problem.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 01:01:51 AM by MaidMercury »

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #73 on: April 30, 2013, 06:55:10 AM »
Turn your graphics settings up. Stuff that shows up bright white tend to be things that need higher settings to view. To turn your graphics up, back out like you were going to the login screen. There's a settings button there. Keep in mind there's no way to get back into ICON once you've done that, so you'll have to exit and restart after you've applied your settings.

Alternately, try redownloading from www.savecoh.com - there's a download link in the right-hand box - maybe you have some corrupted files.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

goodtime

• Boss
    • my videos
« Reply #74 on: April 30, 2013, 12:59:19 PM »
Think it's an Issue problem....they are suppose to be rocketboots appearing....Least i can get multi chars to show up....little by little, I'm chipping away at the problem.

If it's any help, this is how that particular part shows up on two of my characters in the cohDemo file, and they display correctly
Code: [Select]
0    3  PARTSNAME V_Fem_BOOT.GEO/GEO_Lleg*_Rocket_01 !X_fem_boot_rocket_01 none 003d003d 00ff72fd 00000000 00000000 AnimatedCharacterParts/RocketBoots.fx
0    5  PARTSNAME V_Fem_BOOT.GEO/GEO_Lleg*_Rocket_01 !X_fem_boot_rocket_01 none 000000aa 0000fdff 00000000 00000000 AnimatedCharacterParts/RocketBoots.fx

MaidMercury

• Elite Boss
« Reply #75 on: May 01, 2013, 01:01:27 AM »
Thank you for the Rocketboot code Goodtime. It fixed Venus... 8)
( I removed your purple color selection in the boot code)
Changing Graphics settings doesn't seem to help white suit of Maid.
which is metallic fashion in Icon.
...perhaps I'll re-load CoH files as was suggested.
Guess I should 1st save my costume filesand Demo files=then re-download- and overwrite old CoH files?

goodtime

• Boss
    • my videos
« Reply #76 on: May 02, 2013, 12:52:44 AM »
Cool, glad it helped.  Sounds like the white parts isn't due to graphics settings then.   Are those old costume files from before a change to the tailor, maybe?   

If you post your .costume file here, or message it to me, I'll try and convert it with my app.  No guarantees it'll work, but I'll give it a try.

Thank you for the Rocketboot code Goodtime. It fixed Venus... 8)
( I removed your purple color selection in the boot code)
Changing Graphics settings doesn't seem to help white suit of Maid.
which is metallic fashion in Icon.
...perhaps I'll re-load CoH files as was suggested.
Guess I should 1st save my costume filesand Demo files=then re-download- and overwrite old CoH files

MaidMercury

• Elite Boss
« Reply #77 on: May 02, 2013, 03:02:03 AM »
Hmmm....I did something different this time.....Instead of using CoH.exe with it's shortcut to load my demo.coh file...I used CityofHeroes/Villians Demo Launcher   and manually selected the file using it's menu
File to: [               ]  ....looks like it is using a newer version of CoH, my costumes no longer have a problem.....Looking at the shadows, I see I must lower my characters a few feet.  :roll: O.K...I guess I am a slow learner....However, I am happy about this being resolved.

goodtime

• Boss
    • my videos
« Reply #78 on: May 02, 2013, 03:09:35 AM »
Looking at the shadows, I see I must lower my characters a few feet. 

When you're playing back your demo, you can hit 'P' to pause/unpause the demo, and 'F2' to go into spectator mode, which lets you fly around using the mouse for aiming and WASD for movement.    I use that to doublecheck model heights and find good scenic locations.    Use the Cameraman.exe to capture POS/PYR info and adjust movement speed. 

MaidMercury

• Elite Boss
« Reply #79 on: May 02, 2013, 03:52:31 AM »
Thank you for pointing that out. This is sooo coOL:D
I thought you needed Machinama or something like it to do that...
wow, I just flew around,almost like I use to.....amazing..
..I can see potential to create movies via FRAPs or similar program.