Author Topic: Basic discussion for starting to play in CO compared to CoH  (Read 11592 times)

Adrenalin

• Lieutenant
Re: Basic discussion for starting to play in CO compared to CoH
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2012, 02:09:32 AM »
As to the silent teams, keep in mind that CO has a voice option built in, so the team might actually be speaking to one another and can't understand why we're not. I play from my laptop in the living room so with family constantly about I'm limited to the keyboard. Just warn the team leader that you don't have a mike set up and they'll probably make an effort to at least pass on the basics when needed.

thunderforce

• Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2012, 01:23:12 PM »
3. If you're playing unsubscribed, the costume creator is limited until your first character reaches Lv10 (this is PWE's design and not Cryptic's, by the way).

Ahhh. That would explain it. Thanks. I had wondered why I had such a range of options in some areas, but so many obvious items seemed to be missing (especially given that the game was so obviously designed as a response to City of X.)

Epelesker

• Boss
  • One fix at a time!
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2012, 09:09:37 PM »
Ahhh. That would explain it. Thanks. I had wondered why I had such a range of options in some areas, but so many obvious items seemed to be missing (especially given that the game was so obviously designed as a response to City of X.)
Also keep in mind that there's still even more costumes that you can get.
  • The more obvious of these are the pieces that you can get in the Z-Store. Some of these are unlocked automatically if you subscribe, but there are some that all players have to "pay" for. Zen can be charged up by either using real money or submitting refined Questionite to the Exchange.
  • There are also many costume options, usually related to enemy groups, that are found as item drops or as Recognition awards. These won't appear on your list at all until they are obtained and "equipped". The items are marked with a blue mask symbol if you've yet to claim them, and with a black one if you have. Costumes claimed in this way are unlocked account wide, so you only need to do it once.