Author Topic: The Secret World/Secret World Legends  (Read 47756 times)

Vee

• Elite Boss
Re: The Secret World/Secret World Legends
« Reply #400 on: September 22, 2017, 06:15:06 AM »
I'm with you on liking the new version much better. I got bored in Scorched Desert on the original but have 3 alts up to Tokyo on the new one (though I'm on a break for a while, didn't want to completely burn out on the game yet with more content coming). I can definitely understand those who really liked the original being upset though.

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #401 on: September 22, 2017, 12:33:15 PM »
Crafting is definitely much improved.

Blondeshell

• Elite Boss
« Reply #402 on: September 24, 2017, 12:47:59 AM »
Crafting is definitely much improved.

That's where I stopped in TSW. Once it started being important to keep track of talismans (?) and such, the crafting system was confusing enough that I decided it was more effort than I wanted to make.

BTW, how exactly are we supposed to still be able to play TSW if we want to? Every time I start the old launcher it asks me about doing a minimal download for SWL. I thought I had the newest version of the launcher from the Funcom site, but maybe I don't?

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #403 on: September 24, 2017, 04:33:00 PM »
That's where I stopped in TSW. Once it started being important to keep track of talismans (?) and such, the crafting system was confusing enough that I decided it was more effort than I wanted to make.

BTW, how exactly are we supposed to still be able to play TSW if we want to? Every time I start the old launcher it asks me about doing a minimal download for SWL. I thought I had the newest version of the launcher from the Funcom site, but maybe I don't?
There are a few ways to dl the original patcher, from your TSW/L account or at the bottom of the tsl launcher. What you want to do is when it scans your computer do not patch it. It will say the TSL patcher is still visible, then it will go through the motions of trying to update. Once done you can play the original game. This is the way I get on.
The other way is a bit more complicated. :(
One day the Phoenix will rise again.