Author Topic: The Secret World/Secret World Legends  (Read 156469 times)

saipaman

• Elite Boss
Re: The Secret World
« Reply #380 on: July 03, 2017, 04:20:51 AM »
As if a breast size slider was something new....

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #381 on: July 03, 2017, 09:46:30 AM »
there isn't any boob sliders in tswl. I know I checked.
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #382 on: July 04, 2017, 04:44:48 AM »

That would be a good feature to put into the cash shop.

Kurrent

• Minion
« Reply #383 on: July 06, 2017, 01:22:59 AM »
I loved The Secret World.

And now I'm done with it.  I hate reticle targeting, and having to redo everything we've built from the ground up is not my thing any more.  Plus it seems like Funcom is deliberately trying to drive people away from this IP, with the terrible way they've handled this for the last year, all the way up to the buggy launch, the huge leap backward in character customization and the currency bugs at launch.  I understand that they're trying to target a newer demographic and target audience, but there was a way they could have done it without infuriating a huge chunk of their loyal veteran players.  And now this deal with them forcibly updating the patcher to lock us out of TSW and make us launch into SWL was just insult upon injury for me.  It's my final straw, so I'm walking away from Funcom before I get more frustrated.

For those you still fighting the Secret War, stay safe.  I wish you all the best!

K

Nika Rousseau (Dragon DPS)

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
« Reply #384 on: July 06, 2017, 02:25:44 AM »

That would be a good feature to put into the cash shop.

Printed and framed. Title: Classic Gamer Moments

I got in this thread by accident but since I was already here I couldn't help adding my thanks for that lol  : )
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Castegyre

• Elite Boss
« Reply #385 on: July 06, 2017, 04:17:54 AM »
I made a couple of characters, one to play with my wife and one to solo with for a bit. I think I made it to about level 15 or so with one of them. One of the things I remember enjoying when I played a couple of years ago was sort of ruined for me. My weird MMO conditioned brain was remembering too many of the solutions for the content. Between that and the combat seeming even easier than I remember from before I just sort of became disinterested. My wife stopped playing for other reasons, but it took her less time.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #386 on: July 06, 2017, 05:50:28 AM »
And now this deal with them forcibly updating the patcher to lock us out of TSW and make us launch into SWL was just insult upon injury for me.  It's my final straw, so I'm walking away from Funcom before I get more frustrated.

K

Nika Rousseau (Dragon DPS)

Weird, the TSW updater still comes up for me in steam, they just switched the logo. I had to add SWL as a non-steam game to get the new patcher in there. If you had the old game installed you should still be able to use it, and they have a link to it in the new patcher if not.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #387 on: July 31, 2017, 08:55:15 PM »
Wow the steam launch was clunky. Couldn't log in despite having used the funcom launcher for weeks until I either transferred from steam to funcom or, i guess redownloaded the whole thing on steam. So silly.

Anyways just finished all the main zones and have to say I like this one a lot better than the original. A bit silly that they didn't include a way to switch builds on the fly but the BooBuilds mod takes care of that (though I really wish I'd known about it before I was practically done with the Carpathians, would have saved a lot of grief).

Exxar

• Lieutenant
« Reply #388 on: July 31, 2017, 09:13:15 PM »
I'm also finding the game very fun, sucked me in completely. I just started Transylvania but am already dreading "completing" the story as it seems there are only dungeons, lairs, scenarios and the last couple of zones to play after that. I'm really missing some kind of level scaling, Kingsmouth is my favorite area in the game but it's useless once you level it out.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #389 on: July 31, 2017, 10:47:56 PM »
I usually do dailies in kingsmouth so i don't have to spend 3 hours on them. So many superfast missions once you've outleveled it that it's not bad for sp/ap gains and tons of junk gear to sell.

Exxar

• Lieutenant
Re: The Secret World/Secret World Legends
« Reply #390 on: August 01, 2017, 05:51:50 PM »
While I do run Kingsmouth every now and again, I do it only when I really need to do all the daily challenges in as little time as possible. Otherwise I've found the that doing as high missions as possible is better for the rewards I need most: anima shards and gear for the upgrades.

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #391 on: August 30, 2017, 04:52:36 AM »
Wow, if you though NcSoft, Cryptic, Bioware is bad, then Funcom, orshould I say Failcom just pulled the ultimate disrespect to their players. They should be told, it is these very players that is keeping that company afloat.
this is the reply, after people were negotiating free aurem, or are due on cosmetics. http://i.imgur.com/ukH5WuQ.png
They spent 2 months after their "new" game launched before posting https://www.reddit.com/r/SecretWorldLegends/comments/6uiylb/funcom_point_to_aurum_exchange_available/?sort=new
Back, to sto and SWTOR

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #392 on: August 31, 2017, 05:35:03 PM »
I don't really get all the rage on the Funcom points. If TSW had been taken down and they gave a timeline on switching to the new game's currency I could see it.

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #393 on: August 31, 2017, 07:23:56 PM »
I don't really get all the rage on the Funcom points. If TSW had been taken down and they gave a timeline on switching to the new game's currency I could see it.
It is not the points that people are angry about. It is that at the very start they said "your Funcom points will be changed over to the new currency." There was no mention of how many points were going to be able to be changed over. Then after two months later after almost everyone changed to a tswl account, they announced how many points, and an arbitrary cutoff date. Not to mention they ran a Funcom point sell a month before, the first date. In essence Funcom stole money from their players.

Castegyre

• Elite Boss
« Reply #394 on: September 01, 2017, 05:58:59 PM »
That sounds very messed up, but if I'm understanding right it also sounds like one of those situations that could just as easily be incompetence as it could be malicious.

Hero of Steel

• Boss
« Reply #395 on: September 03, 2017, 01:20:27 AM »

If anyone here has an existing account in The Secret World and hasn't used the TSW Legacy Transfer system yet, the service expires on September 4th.

https://secretworldlegends.com/news/legacy-transfers/

FAQ

https://secretworldlegends.com/faq/

therain93

• Elite Boss
« Reply #396 on: September 21, 2017, 05:07:43 PM »
Wow, that's lame.  I guess they really don't have an interest in recovering former players after all...
@Texarkana - March 5, 2004 - December 1, 2012 -- Imageshack |-| Youtube
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You don't know what it's like.... |-| Book One. Chapter one...

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #397 on: September 22, 2017, 12:28:35 AM »
The transfer system is for vanity items and clothes, it doesn't confer past progress or character data.  The difference between a prior TSW Player who uses the SWL Transfer and a new SWL Player when they make a character on the rebooted game?  Other than clothes and sprints, nothing.  They both start at Level 1.  Nothing from the transfer would make you a better player or fighter.

The only part I could see a past player caring about would be their nickname.  That ended with the launch of the game, as you'd have needed to do your transfer then.

(A second Legacy Transfer is happening, but it's also one time, and only for those who did the first one.)
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #398 on: September 22, 2017, 12:59:52 AM »
It did give you two extra character slots and unlocked access to all the weapons so it wasn't trivial even if you don't care about vanity items.

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #399 on: September 22, 2017, 05:05:52 AM »
I never said it was trivial.  :) But, yeah, that ended in early September.  They give new players one slot and unlocking weapons costs a lot of Marks of Favor.  (You only need two to get to Level 50, and those you don't pay for.  If you want a third weapon, however...)

I'll put it this way.  I played the original game, got to Innsmouth, and wiped so often and frequently, I quit.  That, and I've never been a fan of horror/zombies/vampire/werewolves stories.  (Doesn't mean I won't watch a well-thought out movie or two, but I don't seek it.)  So, $29.99 for a week's worth of play in 2012 and then I deleted the client out of frustration after leaving it to sit for almost a year. 

After SWL released in June, I went from Level 1 to Level 50 in a little over a month.  And went through two missions that were probably some of the best gaming I've ever played.  Honestly I've never seen anything similar to them before in an MMO.  And I wouldn't have ever seen it if it didn't relaunch.  (Yeah, I know, 2 missions out of 100s... big whoop, right?)

Spoiler for Hidden:
The Vanishing of Tyler Freeborn.  Last Train to Cairo.  Enough said.

I'm still not in love with the setting, but the mechanics of the game and mission play is interesting enough for me to keep going.  I might treat it like STO and Neverwinter: after finishing the end game content shelf it until the next major release lands and keep popping in as a Fairweather Player. 

If starting over means you don't want to play it, that's fair.  Putting your energy and efforts into a game for years only to be told to start over does suck, and there's nothing wrong with dropping it if that's where you find yourself.  But for those who never got into it because the first part was too difficult... it's worth another look.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 05:43:26 AM by Tahquitz »
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran