Author Topic: Scenic Locations -- Maps, Coordinates and screenshots  (Read 75249 times)

Leandro

• Elite Boss
Re: Scenic Locations -- Maps, Coordinates and screenshots
« Reply #60 on: December 17, 2012, 01:12:15 PM »
Is he reassembling everything onto a single map, sans warwalls? ( ' :
After doing a fly through of Fautline to get to the developers' rec room, a thought had occured to me if the collective coordinates of all the zones were mutually exclusive and reasonably relative to each other.

I have an exercise for you: measure how big Terra Volta is from "outside" (in IP) and how big it is from "inside" (in the Terra Volta zone).

Also, see how you can fit Even without colliding with Faultline. Let's not even talk about The Hive.

If you try to place the connecting zones to IP without War Walls, you'll find that Brickstown, Kings Row, Galaxy City and Steel Canyon use the same space.

The War Walls are there because the zones just don't fit when placed next to each other. Even in the map, you have buffer space between War Walls:

No, what Codewalker was talking about is something different, that I shall reveal in video form once it's ready :)

therain93

• Elite Boss
« Reply #61 on: December 18, 2012, 12:00:52 AM »
I have an exercise for you: measure how big Terra Volta is from "outside" (in IP) and how big it is from "inside" (in the Terra Volta zone).

Also, see how you can fit Even without colliding with Faultline. Let's not even talk about The Hive.

If you try to place the connecting zones to IP without War Walls, you'll find that Brickstown, Kings Row, Galaxy City and Steel Canyon use the same space.

The War Walls are there because the zones just don't fit when placed next to each other. Even in the map, you have buffer space between War Walls:

No, what Codewalker was talking about is something different, that I shall reveal in video form once it's ready :)
I'll take your word for it and look forward to whatever you're cooking up next. ( ' :
@Texarkana - March 5, 2004 - December 1, 2012 -- Imageshack |-| Youtube
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You don't know what it's like.... |-| Book One. Chapter one...

Zekiran

• Lieutenant
« Reply #62 on: December 18, 2012, 04:58:45 AM »
I really want to contribute to the list here, but I've got no idea how you guys are getting the screenshots and the locations... How are you getting that? and, is the only way to get screenshots in demos to alt-tab and paste? Because I haven't gotten any in-demo shots pretty much ever, as far as I can tell.

I got the Pwn Shop map a couple times I think, and some others - the Vaults of Mu, and Sirocco's map (gorgeous) but the Vaults don't have the destructible goddess door as I'm hitting it in one of them.

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #63 on: December 18, 2012, 12:08:39 PM »
screenshots can be taken using the console /screenshot command, or by using demodump
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

Hotaru

• Lieutenant
  • Just a demo-loving fool in the Far East...
« Reply #64 on: December 18, 2012, 12:20:28 PM »
I got the Pwn Shop map a couple times I think, and some others - the Vaults of Mu, and Sirocco's map (gorgeous) but the Vaults don't have the destructible goddess door as I'm hitting it in one of them.

I'm not sure what your problem could be with the goddess door, except maybe that you started recording with it at less that full HPs? See if setting it up like this helps:

0   6   NEW "Seal of the Ether"
0   6   NPC V_Destmdr_mudoor_100
0   6   POS 0 7.484375 -120
0   6   PYR 0 3.141593 0
0   6   MOV READY 0
0   6   HP 584.00
0   6   HPMAX 584.00

I just played back my demo of the villain alignment mission "Long Line of Spirits" and it showed up just fine in there for me.

Zekiran

• Lieutenant
« Reply #65 on: December 18, 2012, 05:54:47 PM »
Well what I was doing, was taking multiple demos rather than one long one, since I'd seen something about commands getting wonky on large records.

I don't have any console on my demo playback, not sure how I'm meant to take a screenshot without one. Is a console available normally with hitting `? Obviously I'm used to using that one in source and other games, but I wasn't aware that it worked in coh.

therain93

• Elite Boss
« Reply #66 on: December 18, 2012, 08:30:21 PM »
I really want to contribute to the list here, but I've got no idea how you guys are getting the screenshots and the locations... How are you getting that? and, is the only way to get screenshots in demos to alt-tab and paste? Because I haven't gotten any in-demo shots pretty much ever, as far as I can tell.

For screenshots, I'm actually using FRAPs when I post there.
Regarding coordinates, I'm typically pulling that from my toon's POS from the demo and the camera comes from either a: the demo, b cameraman utility, or c: I cheat and set it to the same as my toon and let people deal with unhitching the cam and flying around  ( ' ;
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

therain93

• Elite Boss
« Reply #67 on: December 18, 2012, 08:32:01 PM »

I don't have any console on my demo playback, not sure how I'm meant to take a screenshot without one. Is a console available normally with hitting `?
Exactly.

Globetrotter

• Boss
  • I am a still Hero and This is what I do!
« Reply #68 on: December 18, 2012, 08:53:31 PM »
Gadwin Printscreen is a nice tool to make screenprints.

http://www.gadwin.com/printscreen/
Gutta cavat lapidem, non vi, sed saepe cadendo.

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #69 on: December 20, 2012, 10:39:42 PM »
Here's something to grab map name and coordinates for a given client-made jpg screenshot:
http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/1KHCEPQK/CoH_ShotTags.rar_links
Obvious beta, lacks a proper GUI - hope you can bear file selection dialogs and message boxes. :p
Camera PYR is not shown, since it's not stored in the screenshot.
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

ThorsAssassin

• Boss
« Reply #70 on: December 21, 2012, 05:59:39 PM »
So I realized once I started to put the maps from i24 together, that Arachnion already gave out a list of em...

http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,7238.msg91699.html#msg91699

No coordinates or screenshots or CAM POS and PYR but the maps are there. Should I still go through and do that or are the maps he listed good enough?

Arachnion

• Elite Boss
  • Professional Cynic
« Reply #71 on: December 21, 2012, 06:51:02 PM »
So I realized once I started to put the maps from i24 together, that Arachnion already gave out a list of em...

http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,7238.msg91699.html#msg91699

No coordinates or screenshots or CAM POS and PYR but the maps are there. Should I still go through and do that or are the maps he listed good enough?

I don't know if the maps in that list I gave even work, still.

If they do, then sure, go ahead and grab coords and screens and the like!

:D
I'm all dressed up with nowhere to go
Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder

Waiting for an invitation to arrive
Goin' to a party where no one's still alive

ThorsAssassin

• Boss
« Reply #72 on: December 21, 2012, 07:07:43 PM »
I have all those maps in demos already from my personal runs in Beta so I know I have the proper maps. Okay I'll start getting things together.

Thanks man!

Risha

• Boss
  • Dancing at the end of the World
« Reply #73 on: December 21, 2012, 09:14:53 PM »
I have some excellent screenshots, like all of you, atop atlas, the donut in Faultline, but am not a demo shot pro.  In any event, I do have the Easter Egg in Faultline, too.  One of my characters logged off there.  January I should be out of hideous deadline and able to post.
Robin
Writer of Fantasy and Fantasy Romance

Floride

• Elite Boss
  • Badgehunter Extraordinaire
« Reply #74 on: December 23, 2012, 01:40:47 AM »
Well, I dowloaded the ol' pigg viewer and found lots of neat stuff.
There are 3 maps in particular that stand out as usable by demo-peeps.
    This is a named map made entirely of Supergroup base parts, although it's a little cramped.
    • maps/Arena/E3_BaseRaid/E3_BaseRaid.txt
    0 CAM POS 80 20 -170
    0 CAM PYR 0.15 -0.785 0
    0 5000 POS 110 8.0 -195
    0 5000 PYR 0 0 0

These two appear to be the same map. For the pic I used the Event map (although locations are the same on both maps). and yeah, thats an old-type agony mage doing the marriage rites.
Seemed appropriate  :D
  • maps/City_Zones/Event_06_01/Event_06_01.txt
  • maps/City_Zones/VetReward_06_01/VetReward_06_01.txt
0 CAM POS 230 680 -755
0 CAM PYR 0.15 -1.35 0
Mage:
0 5000 POS 260 670.7 -765
0 5000 PYR 0 -1.3 -0

Saved the best for last. READ THIS  You can watch (on youtube) Matt 'Positron' Miller unveil Nova Praetoria using this map at the 2009 HeroCon.
However, everywhere else but this street is borked. I.E.- Cole's tower is 30 feet in the air to make it look taller.
But... this map has a GLORIOUS perk - EVERY ZONE LOADING SCREEN!!! Woohoo!!
For some reason this map doesn't have a zone associated to it, so when you load it, the game grabs any random zone loading screen.
I now have 3 versions of Faultline. Yes, I meant it when I said EVERY loading screen.
I now have a catalog of them  ;D, even got 2 versions of the Paragon Dance Party loading screen.
But wait! There's more!
While sifting through the piggs I found a previously unknown  NPC - "Fighter_Jet".
You're welcome. :)
  • maps/City_Zones/Events_HeroCon/Events_HeroCon.txt
0 CAM POS -5500 -10 -2000
0 CAM PYR -0.23 -2.8 0
0 50 NPC Fighter_Jet
0 50 POS -5450 30 -1860
0 50 PYR 0 -3.1 -0.15

I believe I have also found the Paragon Dance Party map but have no idea what CAM position to use to see it. Not for lack of trying, that's for sure.
maps/City_Zones/City_02_03/City_02_03.txt

'Til next time!
History shows again and again
How nature points out the folly of men

Arachnion

• Elite Boss
  • Professional Cynic
« Reply #75 on: December 23, 2012, 01:44:38 AM »
*Actual* fighter jets?!

:o
I'm all dressed up with nowhere to go
Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder

Waiting for an invitation to arrive
Goin' to a party where no one's still alive

Floride

• Elite Boss
« Reply #76 on: December 23, 2012, 01:48:58 AM »
There's also a space shuttle, but i can't seem to get it to spawn

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #77 on: December 23, 2012, 01:52:06 AM »
Interesting bit of trivia: e3baseraid and Events_HeroCon were set up as actual zones on the servers for some unknown reason, both beta and live. Both could be reached through the long range teleport exploit.

e3baseraid was best to avoid since it has a nasty habit of crashing the mapserver when you zoned in, and a character could easily get stuck there, unable to leave without having a GM move them. I did manage to get it to load once without crashing. Not really much to see there, just some stuff that they should have given us as base items but didn't. :P

Events_HeroCon was a good place to hide, since the zone name showed up as Nova Praetoria in the search window and global friends list. It's got a very very early proto-Nova layout in the unfinished parts if you look around, and on the live server had some level 20 Praetorian Clockwork spawns around the sculpture.

I believe I have also found the Paragon Dance Party map but have no idea what CAM position to use to see it. Not for lack of trying, that's for sure.
maps/City_Zones/City_02_03/City_02_03.txt

Yeah, it's a tray, so it's invisible unless the camera is "inside". Try 365.5 0 -29, that should be the spawn point for zoning in from Steel; front door probably.

Floride

• Elite Boss
« Reply #78 on: December 23, 2012, 03:33:54 AM »
Try 365.5 0 -29, that should be the spawn point for zoning in from Steel; front door probably.
Yep, that was it. Dance Party was before my time. I  Only played for 4 years. ;D Still, I didn't know about the exploit until the last day. Didn't know you could hit these zones with it either, musta been sweet.
Thanks!

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #79 on: December 23, 2012, 05:46:24 AM »
Yep, that was it. Dance Party was before my time. I  Only played for 4 years. ;D Still, I didn't know about the exploit until the last day. Didn't know you could hit these zones with it either, musta been sweet.
Thanks!

I started around 4 years ago also (maybe 5, lost track once vet badges broke), and always felt a little intimidated by the "played since beta" vets. The best part about the LRT glitch was getting to see the places I had heard about but never seen -- old pre-flood Faultline, and the original Rikti Crash Site.