Author Topic: Help - drawing weapons  (Read 11874 times)

wei yau

• Boss
Re: Help - drawing weapons
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2012, 04:38:17 AM »
So, I'm not yet ready for hand coding demo videos.  I'm perfectly content with screenshots, even action ones.

This here is a shot of Chrysos Krios and the Dog O'War.  A villainess and a hero, who dared to love in a world that time forgot.

Samuraiko

• Honorary Paragon Dev and
  • Elite Boss
  • EVERYONE LOOK AWESOME - I'M FILMING!
    • The Wandering Crane
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2012, 05:39:40 AM »
LOL, that's how I felt too!!

I dont even know enough to ask the inteligent questions that you and Thor asked.

Samuraiko, As for my "yes please" I thought you might have had a larger "cool MOVs" list that you were just giving examples from. I will post more and try to formulate more specific questions in the next few days. Right now I am in a "if someone asks of you want more, you say YES" mode. I have lots of enthusiasm, but had to keep my hands off this for a coupld of days as I had RL stuff including dialysis to deal with. When I actually start digging into the demo stuff, I keep losing multiple hours of my day!

What I have currently percolating in my brain, is some way to walk all of my characters from off camera, into view, into Miss Liberty's spot on the pedestal, do something (here is where I am wanting some of the MOVs for poses or actions or something) and then have them walk off camera. Basically a way to cycle through all my characters and see them do something in one single video. (Just checked, that is 53 characters in total.)

Heh, dont even know how realistic that is, but that's where my thinking/wanting is at the moment.

Thanks for any help and advice that you have.
Cat

*laughs*

It's okay.

As far as info goes, I don't have a comprehensive list - however, having filmed in the game for 5 years and tried to find all sorts of nuances and little things so I could use them in videos, if you give me an idea of what you'd want a character to do, I can make suggestions.

It's what I did for myself when I made "One Last Day" - each of my alts that makes a cameo is doing something completely typical of her:

Mender Anomaly (my time traveler) uses the Ouro Portal
Jo Sinclair (my videographer) a camera
COUNTERMEASURES (my AI character) floating in the air in that 'awaiting instructions' pose
Rhiannon Vendredi (my barfly) is swaying drunkenly
Queen of Staves (my club fan) is dancing on the bar
Ante Up (Western pistoleer/card sharp) is doing card tricks
Andrea Blake (the partier) is dancing
Agent Takimura (my renegade Tsoo) is casting Gale
Profiteer (my smuggler) is standing with a sack of money over one shoulder)
Psychic Hotline (my on-the-run Seer) is floating with Penny Yin
Cassandra Dunstan (my renegade Praetorian) is in Ninja Run using the full-on Stealth power
Temp Power (my energy/time troller) is checking her watch
Cluster Flux (my walking Pauli effect) is surrounded by broken Clockwork
Tava (my scientist) is writing on a clipboard
Chastica (my other scientist) is doing the Invent emote

So if you want to have your alts 'cameo' on Ms Liberty's pedestal, imagine what you'd want them to do - then I can tell you if there's something that might work.

Michelle
aka
Samuraiko/Dark_Respite
The game may be gone, but the videos are still here...
http://www.youtube.com/samuraiko
http://cohtube.blogspot.com

wei yau

• Boss
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2012, 01:50:24 PM »
Alright, all you demo experts, I need help.

In the image below, I am unable to do show the Mecha gloves on the cluster of three characters on the right side.  Additionally, I can't get the Custom Dual Blades to show on the character kneeling

Here is the PARTSNAME I am using for the Mecha gloves:
0   26  PARTSNAME N_Female_Mecha_01_Glove.GEO/GEO_Larm*_Mecha_01 !X_Gloves_Mecha_01 none 000000d4 000000d4 00000000 00000000 Costumes/MechaArmor/Female_Glove_01.fx

Here is the MOV I am using for the kneeling character with the Dual Blades:
0 26 MOV DUALWIELD_KNEEL_PRE
0 26 FX Maintained 105212 WEAPONS/CUSTOM_DUALBLADES/CUSTOMWEAPON_DUALBLADES.FX 0
0 26  FXSCALE 10.000000 10
0 26  ORIGIN ENT 0 0
0 26  TARGET ENT 60 0

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2012, 04:45:08 PM »
Check that the blades are present in the costume definition.
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

Samuraiko

• Honorary Paragon Dev and
  • Elite Boss
  • EVERYONE LOOK AWESOME - I'M FILMING!
    • The Wandering Crane
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2012, 05:46:18 PM »
Alright, all you demo experts, I need help.

In the image below, I am unable to do show the Mecha gloves on the cluster of three characters on the right side.  Additionally, I can't get the Custom Dual Blades to show on the character kneeling

Here is the PARTSNAME I am using for the Mecha gloves:
Here is the MOV I am using for the kneeling character with the Dual Blades:

Problem one:

0 26 FX Maintained 105212 WEAPONS/CUSTOM_DUALBLADES/CUSTOMWEAPON_DUALBLADES.FX 0
0 26  ORIGIN ENT 0 0
0 26  TARGET ENT 60 0

There. The target entity does not match the character number you are referring to. If whoever is 26 is using the gloves, then it should be:

0 26  ORIGIN ENT 0 0
0 26  TARGET ENT 26 0

Second thing to check:

0 26  ORIGIN ENT 0 0
0 26  TARGET ENT 60 0

Each FX must have a unique number. If you are using that same number earlier in the demofile, it'll cause problems. Make sure that each FX (whether Maintained or OneShot) is unique.

Start with that, and let me know.

Michelle
aka
Samuraiko/Dark_Respite
The game may be gone, but the videos are still here...
http://www.youtube.com/samuraiko
http://cohtube.blogspot.com

wei yau

• Boss
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2012, 11:52:02 AM »

Thanks for the help, it was a combination of the incorrect value in TARGET, as well as needing an "8" in the last position of the MOV:

Code: [Select]
0 26 MOV DUALWIELD_KNEEL_PRE 8
0 26  ORIGIN ENT 0 0
0 26  TARGET ENT 26 0

I could not solve the problem with not displaying the Mecha gloves, so I replaced them with Imperial Defense.

corvus1970

• Elite Boss
  • A true ruler is as moral as a Hurricane.
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2012, 05:10:30 PM »
Imperial defense gloves are better anyway ;)
... ^o^CORVUS^o^
"...if nothing we do matters, than all that matters is what we do."
http://corvus1970.deviantart.com/

Valtyr

• Finder of Lost CatGrrls
  • Boss
  • Not From Around Here
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2012, 10:41:13 PM »
I was helping wei yau with this. I never really figured out why the glove parts were half-appearing. Sometimes they gloves would be there and sometimes they weren't. I did, however, figure out why the weapons for the kneeling figure weren't appearing. It took me an embarrassingly long time before I noticed it considering I rebuilt that costume myself and compared it to the DEMOlition conversion. The partsname was supposed to be mecha_01.fx, but the line we were using was mecha01.fx.

Greyhawke

• Underling
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2012, 07:29:31 AM »
How do I show a drawn titan weapon?

Enantiodromos

• Underling
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2012, 07:09:19 PM »
So, is there a list of values for the last argument in MOV, that everyone except me knows about?

I realize folks feel (and it sounds like there may me important reasons) that the FX is needed to have weapons out, but I'm having fair luck drawing customized weapons without including an FX line at all. And I assume there must be a pattern to it whereby each of the values of the last argument related to one particular weapon style (e.g, two handed sword, one handed sword and presumably axe, bows, dual blades, dual pistols, titan weapons, etc).

wei yau

• Boss
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2012, 08:17:53 PM »
I don't what the list of values are, though it seems like 8 is for claws and 9 is for dual wield (blades or pistols, I think it works for both).  And 1 and 2 seem to be left hand weapon, like broadsword and bow.

Titan Weapons seem to elude me, though I think it has to have one of the "2H" or "2H Large" MOVs to work.

I've had no success in getting the FXs alone to have weapons show, though I'm sure they are key.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 01:55:45 AM by wei yau »