Author Topic: Any fans of Sentinels of the Multiverse card game here?  (Read 1924 times)

Tommy2Toes

• Minion
Any fans of Sentinels of the Multiverse card game here?
« on: December 10, 2012, 04:45:35 AM »
Just picked up a copy of this game over the weekend for family game night.  Now that COH is dead, the family and I have taken to playing different co-op board/card games together.

This is a fun, fast-paced little superhero card game.  The number of powers you can play is pretty amazing and I'm very impressed.  Sort of what I would have thought a card-based version of COH would have been like.  There's even an expansion pack of cards available called "Rook City" that sounds a little like "Rogue Islands-esque" to me.  But in case you are worried...this is NOT one of those crack-dealing collectible card games like Magic.  Everything you need comes in the main box other than some dice and/or scratch paper.

Highly recommended!  More info here: http://sentinelsofthemultiverse.com/gameplay

BTW, also picked up Castle Panic...omg the kids are loving this one with the family.  I've only seen this much tension in a video game before, but its a castle-defense co-operative board/card game.  These two will be keeping us busy for the rest of the month at least, if not longer.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 05:02:05 AM by Tommy2Toes »

spindisc

• Minion
    • Random Dice - CoH
Re: Any fans of Sentinels of the Multiverse card game here?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 12:32:04 PM »
I just kickstarted their expansion and bought the everything package with it. Will get my share in a couple of months.

And I'm looking forward to it.

Sailboat

• Boss
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 02:56:27 AM »
I don't have it, but a friend does, and I've played it a few times.  Pretty neat game, although it's a mental adjustment to play characters who do, like, one point of damage in a turn.

Tommy2Toes

• Minion
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2012, 02:46:52 AM »
You can create house rules to do more damage but it really just speeds up the game and/or cuts down on the co-op aspects.  Sort of like COH lol.

I found some templates online to make my own hero and villain cards.  I'm currently creating all my COH toons into Sentinel heroes and villains.

Epelesker

• Boss
  • One fix at a time!
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2013, 01:40:17 AM »
(Yeah, this is old.)

I played this twice over the winter and it's actually kinda fun. It's interesting because i think the dynamic of how you can tackle each opponent changes depending on how many people are playing. Don't try it with eight. Ever.

There's custom templates? I was actually thinking about randomly trying to find one as a joke to my friends. Going to have to look now.