Author Topic: Character Creator fun! (show us your imagination!)  (Read 73085 times)

corvus1970

• Elite Boss
  • A true ruler is as moral as a Hurricane.
Re: Character Creator fun! (show us your imagination!)
« Reply #60 on: December 15, 2012, 05:38:51 PM »
... ^o^CORVUS^o^
"...if nothing we do matters, than all that matters is what we do."
http://corvus1970.deviantart.com/

Lucretia MacEvil

« Reply #61 on: December 15, 2012, 07:25:28 PM »
My turn, my turn!

A retro-sci-fi-ish costume I really wish I'd thought of before:

Two more reasons I wanted I24:

(love the dreads!)

(reminds me of some of the Resistance members)

NPC parts are AWESOME!!!!

Does anyone know if the Talon Wrap gloves option would've been legal for player use?

Or the Talons' Skirt used here?

Looking forward to seeing more Ready-For-Relaunch cossies!

Megajoule

• Lieutenant
« Reply #62 on: December 15, 2012, 09:54:02 PM »
Here's one I made a while back, just for fun - the Last Spaceknight:

and now, thanks to Icon's NPC mode, I can finally show my character Papa Lobo during his time as a Praetorian PD Investigator:

corvus1970

• Elite Boss
« Reply #63 on: December 15, 2012, 10:00:41 PM »

Fans of ROM, unite!  8)
... ^o^CORVUS^o^

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #64 on: December 15, 2012, 10:46:47 PM »

BRILLIANT!!!

Rom is/was awesome.

And THIS is awesome. :D

corvus1970

• Elite Boss
« Reply #65 on: December 15, 2012, 10:57:56 PM »
My newest costume for Nucleon Mage...

... ^o^CORVUS^o^

Gothenem

• Minion
« Reply #66 on: December 15, 2012, 11:27:33 PM »
I'm afraid that I'm going to have to fine you for excessive system tray icon usage.

Believe it or not, but three of them are the same program (trillian), one is a twitter feed, one is a facebook feed, and one is the main trillian screen. As for open programs, I was working on something...

Xieveral

• Chaotic Neutral
  • Boss
« Reply #67 on: December 16, 2012, 12:55:51 AM »
@Megajoule- Papa Lobo's bio is amazing!  :D
?RSN = CKN(CRS.ROD)

RSN = GLR(EMP.MCL)

Rain Maker

• Minion
« Reply #68 on: December 16, 2012, 01:33:58 AM »
This is much more fun than it should be.

Megajoule

• Lieutenant
« Reply #69 on: December 16, 2012, 10:17:26 AM »
@Megajoule- Papa Lobo's bio is amazing!  :D
Thanks. :)  He's seen, done, and just plain endured a lot; the western half of the US on Praetorian Earth, c. 1960-1980, was a very nasty place to grow up in and has left its marks on him.

Please feel free to check out my other characters and their stories, especially the Spirit of the Row.

Gothenem

• Minion
« Reply #70 on: December 16, 2012, 04:33:23 PM »
Presenting Clebard:

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #71 on: December 16, 2012, 10:17:33 PM »
This is something I did a couple of years back actually, so my screenshots are from in-game for the first few. But I'm adding a post after this one with some shots from the current character creator.

"Sometimes one, sometimes five; the white shadow that moves unseen..."

GATCHAMAN

(Battle of the Planets, Eagle Riders, etc)

Ken the Eagle

Joe the Condor

Jun the Swan

Jinpei the Swallow

Ryu the Horned Owl

More in the next post! Including the villain, Berg Katse! (Zoltar)

« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 07:09:14 PM by Atlantea »

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #72 on: December 16, 2012, 10:40:29 PM »
And you can't have the heroes without a classic villain! And for Gatchaman, that was Berg Katse!  (Zoltar in Battle of the Planets)

(Obviously Vernon Von Grun would WORSHIP at the feet of this master of the evil laugh! :D )

Now Berg Katse is... an odd bird you might say. S/he is not what s/he appears to be. If your only exposure to the character was in the form of Zoltar from BOTP, get ready for a bit of jolt.

Katse is a hermaphrodite. S/he was formed by Sosai X (Luminous One) by fusing two fraternal twins (male and female) into one person. Katse changes gender and has some control over it. (Apparently in Katse's childhood years, the switch occured yearly without any control, thus requiring hir to move often). In adulthood s/he has more control over it. Using it to advantage by sometimes infiltrating someplace to spy in female form. And in fact is known as a Sub-Commander Mala in the Galactor organization (unknown even to almost all the Galactor agents!)

Here's a fan drawing of Katse in female form:

http://katsesama.deviantart.com/art/Berg-Katse-68242450

Anyway - all of the above is by way of explanation as to why I used the female frame in designing my homage to Katse, but with proportion slider tweaked as far towards gender neutral as I could get.

So here's my version:

MUA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 06:54:38 PM by Atlantea »

SeaLily

• Lieutenant
  • green hair
« Reply #73 on: December 17, 2012, 02:25:40 AM »
Finally got the beta client up and running and decided to mess around with it.  There's some cool stuff in there that I wish we'd have been able to get- some of it future things, some of it just NPC stuff.

Firstly, a character I'd wanted to make for a long time: Arachnette.  She'd have been one of the villain group counterparts to a teen hero group I played in with a bunch of friends called the Young Phalanx.  They were mostly based off of the Freedom Phalanx, in the sort of way the Young Avengers or Teen Titans are spinoff groups of their universe's iconic hero groups.  Arachnette would have, of course, been based on Lord Recluse.

And then there's a kind of alternate armor version of P-Tron, my primary Young Phalanx character.  She does double duty as both a teen Mynx and a teen Positron, basically.  In an ideal world, she'd have been rerolled as that new Striker AT so she could be a proper ranged/melee hybrid character.  Here, she's salvaged some stuff from Praetorian bots and grafted it onto her existing armor because that's cool.  I'm happy the NPC editor lets us actually use Mynx's cat ears- most people don't look close enough to notice, but they're actually unique looking, and not available to players.

I don't know what this guy is, but he's super awesome.  Some sort of rularuu-posessed robot thing, energy fountaining out the top where a head would be.  Being able to make headless characters is pretty awesome, actually.  I'd totally play this guy.  Probably another Striker, with Darkness powers or something?  Not sure what he would be.

And then this is a slightly updated version of one of my existing characters(she's Water Blast but I like the trident so who cares).  I noticed there's some interesting behavior in terms of arm replacement using short sleeved options with jackets.  I'm guessing this is specifically built into some NPC parts and players never had access to them?  But it lets you do some cool stuff with previously arm-covering chest texture options.  Like I did here.

Even without the game itself, making characters and costumes is still pretty fun.  Hopefully, if there's some sort of private server thing that goes up, they'll enable dev costume bits for all players to be able to use.  (unless there's some crashes associated with that or something weird, but I'd imagine the chances of that are pretty slim)
green hair

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #74 on: December 17, 2012, 11:03:07 AM »
Have I mentioned how much I loved the fact that since power customization, you could preview all your primary and secondary powers during character creation? Something that not even CO or DCUO do.

Here, I've played around some with the preview function in the "normal" version of the Beta Icon character creator for the Gatchaman characters created above. (You can't do this in the version that unlocks all the Dev/NPC character options. Pity.)

Ken using energy blades is actually canon in Gatchaman F (the 3rd series).

Joe always used pistols and the "feather shuriken". Here's some shots of him with Dual Pistols.

I had a LOT of shots of him, including an entire sequence of the "Hail of Bullets" animation. I've put those behind this cut so it doesn't make the bandwidth TOO crazy.
Spoiler for Hidden:

Jun used a Yo Yo as her main weapon. Obviously can't do that here, as cool as that would be. (Can we get a Yo Yo powerset in a future version of the game? Maybe?)
So I gave her a set of energy handblades here. Looks pretty cool.

(Couple more shots behind the spoiler cut as above.)
Spoiler for Hidden:

Jimpei had another weird weapon - exploding bolos! Er.... sorry kid, here's a bladestaff - have fun!

Ryu was EASY by comparison. He's a "Big Fighter" using power moves. Here I've used a couple of the moves from the Street Justice set.

Berg Katse - couldn't figure out what to use as first. Then remembered that Katse often dealt in illusions and seemed to have some psionic ability. So here's the T9 power from Psi-Melee.

Still love using this character creator. Thanks so much again to Codewalker and the rest!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 06:47:37 PM by Atlantea »

wei yau

• Boss
« Reply #75 on: December 17, 2012, 06:10:55 PM »
Go Science Ninja Team Gatchaman!

That's awesome stuff there, Atlantea.  I'm especially floored by Berg Katse, I didn't think it was possible to do that as well as you did.

Awesome!

I've met plenty of Gatchaman fans in-game and even had my own.  Though, I always felt nervous about playing them for fear of getting generic'd.

Not really a concern anymore.

Lucretia MacEvil

« Reply #76 on: December 17, 2012, 06:24:36 PM »
I once had an idea to do Gender-Flip Universe versions of Statesman and Lord Recluse with appropriately modified backstories (prompted by the fact that the female version of "Stephan" is "Stephanie" which is my name IRL.  Stateslady was going to be "Marcia Cole").
I didn't have time to finish it, unfortunately, but I was working on Lady Arachne when NCsoft made their biggest mistake ever.

Here's a pic of her:

daveyfiacre

• Lieutenant
« Reply #77 on: December 17, 2012, 07:07:56 PM »

I don't know what this guy is, but he's super awesome.  Some sort of rularuu-posessed robot thing, energy fountaining out the top where a head would be.  Being able to make headless characters is pretty awesome, actually.  I'd totally play this guy.  Probably another Striker, with Darkness powers or something?  Not sure what he would be.

all EYE see is a walking Eye of Sauron  ;D

daveyfiacre

• Lieutenant
« Reply #78 on: December 17, 2012, 11:21:23 PM »
now i had to go and make this:

Anybody see the Hobbit yet?

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #79 on: December 17, 2012, 11:25:04 PM »
now i had to go and make this:

Anybody see the Hobbit yet?

"You shall not pass!"

Great stuff there! :D