Author Topic: is there anything like insp?  (Read 14372 times)

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
Re: is there anything like insp?
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2012, 05:33:49 AM »
I've attempted fighting the guys in the other room a few times after curb-stomping Talos and they tend to overwhelm me with sheer numbers.  It's a smallish room and difficult to avoid aggroing all of them, and as I recall there are two "bosses", three or four "lieutenants", and something like eight to twelve "minions".  They easily out-damage Talos if they dogpile you all at once.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2012, 05:41:41 AM »
I've attempted fighting the guys in the other room a few times after curb-stomping Talos and they tend to overwhelm me with sheer numbers.  It's a smallish room and difficult to avoid aggroing all of them, and as I recall there are two "bosses", three or four "lieutenants", and something like eight to twelve "minions".  They easily out-damage Talos if they dogpile you all at once.

Easiest way I found to beat them(melee toon) is enter the room, then go to the far right corner. There is about three, two LTs and a minion, *ahem I mean two villians and a henchment there. Aggro them. one of the master villains and a henchmen will join the fight, or about half the room. Use the box to funnel them and beat them down. Then after you take those down, take ya time with the other side which should be about the same as the first group. And then with little effort the room is cleared. Easy as pie.

Going in there balls to the wall, have to be careful have a halfway sturdy for low level toon for that method. Some of my toons succeeded using the direct method too but those jokers when together do some damage. 

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2012, 03:58:15 PM »
Waylon Talos isn't in the tutorial, J-- you're mixing him up with Black Talon.

Don't think he is but it's worth mentioning anyway - Black Talon is one of the harder singleplayer fights in the game IMO, because of an oversight on the devs' part. See, originally the misisons in the tutorial gave you gear to equip. They don't anymore, but Black Talon is still balanced assuming you have that gear. Since you don't, he easily overpowers you if you fail to block at the right moments.

Wayland Talos, on the other hand, is much easier or at least I found him to be. One thing to note though, he has an electricity power called Sparkstorm, which is a pbaoe maintain. In layman's terms, while using it he won't move but will do significant damage to you if you're in melee with him. Watch for the yellow lightning bolts coming off him and run back out of range to avoid the damage, or just attack him from range to begin with if you can. If you're melee, I think some of the archetypes have a lunge power (Thunderbolt lunge, mighty leap, pounce, or similar powers in every set that has melee powers) you can use that to close the distance immediately as he stops.

Two other things also worth noting, even as an archetype you do still have to train to receive powers. Top left button on the minimap, the one with the lightning bolt icon, will bring up the power window and at the bottom of that there's a train button. Also, don't forget to equip any gear you might have from earlier missions. It's like enhancements in CoH, does nothing if you don't equip it. When starting out look for gear that has stats on it in bolt yellow font instead of the standard white. The ones displayed such are your primary or secondary super stats, and give you a bonus to damage for having lots of them. In general, just grabbing anything with more super stats on it than what you have is a viable idea right up to 40. By the time you get there you'll probably have picked up enough to know what to do at that point. :)