Author Topic: Not CoH related - a warning about Perfect World support  (Read 5533 times)

Manga

• Elite Boss
Not CoH related - a warning about Perfect World support
« on: December 13, 2012, 10:32:00 PM »
I was forced to migrate my Cryptic account for STO and Champions to a Perfect World account, because they're ditching Cryptic accounts (can't access the games with them anymore).  I followed all the steps they outlined very specifically.  Except I got an error - and now all my STO and Champions characters are gone, as are my STO lifetime sub and the Champions 3-month one.

Been talking to support for over a week now.  All they do is repeat the same steps for migration again, insisting it will work this time, and then this time, and then this time.  They are unable to help me in any way.  They are absolutely useless.

So now I'm stuck with a new Perfect World account, and no subscriptions and no characters.  There is no fix for it, and support can't help me.

My only recourse now is to warn off anyone else who was thinking of subscribing or renewing before they end up in the same situation.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
Re: Not CoH related - a warning about Perfect World support
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 10:52:14 PM »
I migrated my account with the only hitch being that I couldn't keep my forum name because it was apparently being reserved for me.  All my characters were still there from launch.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 10:59:43 PM »
When I first created a Perfect World account I thought the same thing happened to me, but it turned out that Cryptic had two different email addresses for me. I believe that Cryptic still had the email address I used for COH through them. So when I tried CO and Star Trek Online it looked as though I had lost everything.

If you had used a different email address for COH than the one you tried for CO and STO that might be your issue too.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, 11:08:13 PM »
I was forced to migrate my Cryptic account for STO and Champions to a Perfect World account, because they're ditching Cryptic accounts (can't access the games with them anymore).  I followed all the steps they outlined very specifically.  Except I got an error - and now all my STO and Champions characters are gone, as are my STO lifetime sub and the Champions 3-month one.

Been talking to support for over a week now.  All they do is repeat the same steps for migration again, insisting it will work this time, and then this time, and then this time.  They are unable to help me in any way.  They are absolutely useless.

So now I'm stuck with a new Perfect World account, and no subscriptions and no characters.  There is no fix for it, and support can't help me.

My only recourse now is to warn off anyone else who was thinking of subscribing or renewing before they end up in the same situation.

So, you're not entitled to a refund? I bet they'd fix it real pancaking quickly if they had to pay out $300+ for one refund just because they can't tell one orifice from another without Google Maps and a bomb disposal robot.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Manga

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2012, 01:32:43 AM »
So, you're not entitled to a refund? I bet they'd fix it real pancaking quickly if they had to pay out $300+ for one refund just because they can't tell one orifice from another without Google Maps and a bomb disposal robot.

I think they *finally* may have fixed it after I threatened them to get them to do it.  I told them if they repeated those steps again I was going to give up and do everything I can to warn people away from Perfect World.  Which I started on *points above* so now they suddenly fixed it.

It's still ridiculous though that they're unwilling to help until I call them useless and resort to threats.

Zekiran

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2012, 01:42:18 AM »
In any support system for games like these, there are at least 2 or 3 levels of support that you can - and should - try to reach. The first are those in-game GMs who basically have the ability to move stuff around, the second are the email-in support, and the third and higher would be their management. Always go for the management when a lower level support member either can't or won't help you. It's your right as a paying customer to actually get the support, so I certainly hope you get your full accounts back.

Manga

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2012, 01:51:15 AM »
In any support system for games like these, there are at least 2 or 3 levels of support that you can - and should - try to reach. The first are those in-game GMs who basically have the ability to move stuff around, the second are the email-in support, and the third and higher would be their management. Always go for the management when a lower level support member either can't or won't help you. It's your right as a paying customer to actually get the support, so I certainly hope you get your full accounts back.

I demanded that at least twice during the course of this, it got me nowhere.

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2012, 04:41:16 PM »
That is good information.

Never happened to me personally, everything switched over just fine but not saying it cant happen or doesnt happen. It's something to be careful off when going through that process for sure.

sl701

• Minion
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2012, 05:05:10 PM »
I know almost how you must feel. I had to join my accounts yesterday, too. So, I logged into STO (I'm a lifetimer, too) and followed the instructions. I tried to log into my Cryptic account but ended up getting into my PW account - where, no surprise there, there were no Zen points and no lifetime account.
Well, I was stunned... somehow I must have used the same email-adress and nickname for both accounts. There was no way I could link those accounts on their website. So... I sweared a lot, smoked half a pack of cigarettes, sweared some more and started the launcher again. I logged in, the same information page appeared but this time I just pressed next. Well, there I got asked if I would wish to link my accounts...
Personally, I found the thing overcomplicated and is possibly very prone to bugs.

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2012, 05:47:23 PM »
Do you have the e-mail from when you bought the subscriptions?  If so, I'd send that to them and continue escalating until your account gets restored.  I certainly wouldn't just give up a lifetime subscription.

sl701

• Minion
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2012, 06:01:24 PM »
Tony, are you referring to me or TheManga?
If I understood correctly, TheManga's problem was finally solved (I really hope that I understood him correct).
If you're referring to me, well, the problem got sorted out. I dunno how, but I just checked and all my stuff is there. I doubt, though, that my confirmation email would be still around... I got my lifetime in the pre-order phase and emails that old tend to... disappear from my inbox  ;D (in this case very stupid, I know).
Now off I go to finally get my 1000 day veteran starship.