Author Topic: Google - new business proposal idea - sent  (Read 20203 times)

Warfdalic

• Underling
Google - new business proposal idea - sent
« on: December 15, 2012, 02:41:25 PM »

Omega Mark V

• Boss
Re: Google - new business proposal idea - sent
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2012, 05:43:11 PM »
Can't wait to see Google's reply!

It would be awesome if they did something, as big of a company as they are. You never know what can happen.

And welcome to the Titan community, Warfdalic! :)
- Omega Mk. V

corvus1970

• Elite Boss
  • A true ruler is as moral as a Hurricane.
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2012, 05:53:37 PM »
A very interesting approach, and I commend you for it :)
... ^o^CORVUS^o^
"...if nothing we do matters, than all that matters is what we do."
http://corvus1970.deviantart.com/

Warfdalic

• Underling
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2012, 05:58:06 PM »

Warfdalic

• Underling
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2012, 05:59:06 PM »
corvus1970 - Thank you 8-)

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2012, 09:37:02 PM »
OK folks, do me a big, big favor on this and hold your horses.

Larry has a VERY high level friend at Google who he has not yet approached, because we would like to wait to see if Disney is even remotely interested yet.  Google was our second target after we had Larry talk to his friend, who is, in fact, one of THE big guys at Google business.  If Darren thinks they might be interested, we can bypass the whole queue.  If Darren says "not a chance" he STILL knows a LOT of venture capitalists who might be.

I know that two weeks without CoH is driving you all crazy, and sending this single email isn't going to hurt, but let's take the semi-official things one at a time, OK?
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Mistress Urd

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2012, 09:42:10 PM »
Yeah I agree VV, I'd love for CoH to be back up and running tomorrow but these things take place at the speed of corporate business. The good news is, I don't see another MMO that interests me enough to play it.

corvus1970

• Elite Boss
  • A true ruler is as moral as a Hurricane.
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2012, 10:02:18 PM »

Larry has a VERY high level friend at Google who he has not yet approached, because we would like to wait to see if Disney is even remotely interested yet.  Google was our second target after we had Larry talk to his friend, who is, in fact, one of THE big guys at Google business.  If Darren thinks they might be interested, we can bypass the whole queue.  If Darren says "not a chance" he STILL knows a LOT of venture capitalists who might be.

I know that two weeks without CoH is driving you all crazy, and sending this single email isn't going to hurt, but let's take the semi-official things one at a time, OK?

Ahhhhh, makes sense!
... ^o^CORVUS^o^
"...if nothing we do matters, than all that matters is what we do."
http://corvus1970.deviantart.com/

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2012, 11:29:00 PM »

OK and thanks again to you and Team Wildcard for leading and coordinating efforts.   :)
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

ukaserex

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2012, 01:07:36 AM »
I am sad. I have no horses to hold and I'm quite certain that I won't be getting a pony for Christmas either.
Those who have no idea what they are doing genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they're doing. - John Cleese

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2012, 03:15:57 AM »
I am sad. I have no horses to hold and I'm quite certain that I won't be getting a pony for Christmas either.

I'm not that into ponies myself. I'm more of a robot guy.

But I shall gladly halt their advancement until a new target is painted!

Jordan_Lee

• Lieutenant
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2012, 03:41:25 AM »

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2012, 03:48:32 AM »
Well we are planning on proposing that Google Games attempt to run CoX in the cloud.  This, like Disney, is a HUGE long shot.  They would probably have to do some serious customizing on the driver.  They would have to hire on a core group of the old PS for the game itself.  And at the moment, Google Games is ONLY interested in 2D FacePlace-like games.  But Darren is properly in the right position to just make a couple phone calls and find out, Google has a history of just doing things because they are cool for people* so we figured that Google as target two would probably make more sense than trying a second movie studio (right now we are still pondering which movie studio).  So we will let you know when Target Two is open for salvos.

*When Google was planning on putting in a server farm the next town over from me, they did a HUGE amount of infrastructure improvement, including putting in fiber freaking EVERYWHERE.  When they decided to cancel the project, they deeded all of the improvements, free, to the town.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2012, 04:07:19 AM »
*When Google was planning on putting in a server farm the next town over from me, they did a HUGE amount of infrastructure improvement, including putting in fiber freaking EVERYWHERE.  When they decided to cancel the project, they deeded all of the improvements, free, to the town.

DAAANG. That would instill a seriously good public image of them in my eyes, I tell you what.

NecrotechMaster

• Elite Boss
  • is there a badge for that?
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2012, 05:37:05 AM »
google is a good company, while i know they have been bashed about things, overall they still do more than most poeple think

i think google would prolly be a good 2nd choice after disney

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2012, 07:04:53 AM »
Google's unofficial motto has always been, "Don't be evil."

I'm interested in what this "Darren" has to say. Do we know which Dick he is? ;)
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Warfdalic

• Underling
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2012, 08:21:07 AM »

VV, sorry if this was stepping on your toes, I did not know there was a plan to contact google, feel a bit sh*t now and guilty in case my contact attempts have ruined any future proposals.

Sorry 8-( 

Warfdalic

• Underling
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2012, 08:50:38 AM »
I know the brakes were sort of hit on this, but I just want to say I love this idea. A Google game engine. I mean, google has practically everything already anyway. And I'm totally in love with any and all ideas that promote CoH returning, but I particularly like this idea. Just a game retirement home of sorts. Though I don't want CoH to 'retire' I just want it back and to keep on going like always...

Anyhoo, :D thank you for your commitment and please let us know when you hear back.

Thanks Jordan, I love the idea of google starting a new business venture for running dead MMO's and keeping communities alive with their loved title/'s. I don't want to knock any proposals (all avenues are good and all should be explored) but if I'm totally honest I think Google would do a better job than Disney simple because Google would probably keep the game as it is in general, I think Disney will try and push their theme across the game, changing what we love so much slightly, might be great, but it might not be either.

I have even thought about the largest online community which Mark Zuckerberg created as another option, they have the resources, vision and finances to save our beloved title also.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2012, 08:56:42 AM »
I have even thought about the largest online community which Mark Zuckerberg created as another option, they have the resources, vision and finances to save our beloved title also.

FacePlace will monetize it, sell your account information and stick ads everywhere.  In six months they will downsize it, and put a 2D "Marvel Heroes" style game in its place, citing expense.

Be careful what you wish for.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2012, 08:58:48 AM »
VV, sorry if this was stepping on your toes, I did not know there was a plan to contact google, feel a bit sh*t now and guilty in case my contact attempts have ruined any future proposals.

Sorry 8-(

Last I saw you couldn't take the Psychic Power Pool in real life.  Don't feel bad.  You have not harmed anything.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 09:48:40 AM by Victoria Victrix »