Author Topic: Google - new business proposal idea - sent  (Read 20201 times)

Little Green Frog

• Boss
  • @Little Green Frog
Re: Google - new business proposal idea - sent
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2012, 07:53:57 AM »
The BIGGEST danger is to allow NCSoft the pretext to put an absurd valuation on CoH so they have a "reason" to cybersquat on it forever, meanwhile foisting a ridiculous value off to their stockholders as an "asset."

We seriously, seriously do not want that to happen. 

Right now we are managing to build a lot of pressure on them to get them to move off their historical "we will not sell at any price" stance.  But "we will not sell at any price" is where they want to be.  Don't play their game for them, please.

If NCsoft has a reason not to sell, they won't anyway and a potential bidding war will neither hurt nor help. But public companies rarely base their business decisions on pure spite and they need to answer to their shareholders. A bidding war may drive the price high enough for NCsoft to not be able to ignore attempts to buy the IP any longer.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 08:06:06 AM by Little Green Frog »

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2012, 09:35:13 AM »
If NCsoft has a reason not to sell, they won't anyway and a potential bidding war will neither hurt nor help. But public companies rarely base their business decisions on pure spite and they need to answer to their shareholders. A bidding war may drive the price high enough for NCsoft to not be able to ignore attempts to buy the IP any longer.

I still believe it is a bad idea to attempt to start a bidding war.  It is likely to leave BETTER buyers, people we would RATHER have the IP, in the dust, and it is inclined to make people who are only interested in a cash cow think that is all CoH can or should be.

There are only so many of us, only so much time to write letters and mail them, only so much postage money.  You suggest it would be better to scatter that effort.  I suggest it is much, much wiser to focus it like a laser at one target at a time.  I think scattering that effort would be sabotaging what we are trying to do.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Little Green Frog

• Boss
  • @Little Green Frog
« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2012, 10:28:43 AM »
I still believe it is a bad idea to attempt to start a bidding war.  It is likely to leave BETTER buyers, people we would RATHER have the IP, in the dust, and it is inclined to make people who are only interested in a cash cow think that is all CoH can or should be.

There are only so many of us, only so much time to write letters and mail them, only so much postage money.  You suggest it would be better to scatter that effort.  I suggest it is much, much wiser to focus it like a laser at one target at a time.  I think scattering that effort would be sabotaging what we are trying to do.

No, no. I think concentrated effort is really the best course of action. Thank you for orchestarting it. I just think that we have too little knowledge of what is going on behind the scenes to predict any sort of outcome. But again - concentrated effort is the way to go.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2012, 11:03:27 AM »
No, no. I think concentrated effort is really the best course of action. Thank you for orchestarting it. I just think that we have too little knowledge of what is going on behind the scenes to predict any sort of outcome. But again - concentrated effort is the way to go.

Looks for Real Life Psychic Power Pool.

Fails to find it.

Believe me, right now, if the heavens opened and I could get one single superpower, it would be to be able to read the minds of the higher ups in NCSoft.  But as Marion Zimmer Bradley once famously said, "I am not a medium, I am an extra-large."
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2012, 11:09:01 AM »

Fails to find it.

Believe me, right now, if the heavens opened and I could get one single superpower, it would be to be able to read the minds of the higher ups in NCSoft.  But as Marion Zimmer Bradley once famously said, "I am not a medium, I am an extra-large."

...no one wants to give me super powers right now. You don't want to know what I'd do with them.

* DrakeGrimm thinks he is, mayhaps, not the most level-headed and even-tempered person in existence.
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

Little Green Frog

• Boss
  • @Little Green Frog
« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2012, 11:13:21 AM »

Fails to find it.

Be watchful what you wish for.

from the excellent http://thedoghousediaries.com/
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 11:47:51 AM by Little Green Frog »

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2012, 11:26:23 AM »
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2012, 04:24:22 PM »
I know what I'd do with superpowers!

Well, depending what they were. "Spot-on-the-wall" wouldn't be all that useful.

(Of course, real life has what some heroes have commented is the greatest superpower ever, and I am slowly working towards having it.)

corvus1970

• Elite Boss
  • A true ruler is as moral as a Hurricane.
« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2012, 08:17:13 PM »
That site is hilarious :D
... ^o^CORVUS^o^
"...if nothing we do matters, than all that matters is what we do."
http://corvus1970.deviantart.com/

Mister Bison

• Elite Boss
  • *psychotic grin*
« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2012, 08:40:04 PM »
Could try:

http://www.superherosupplies.com
Oh, totally forgot that one, priceless :D

I love the galon of Omnipotence.
Yeeessss....

Warfdalic

• Underling
« Reply #50 on: December 17, 2012, 08:41:11 PM »
Maybe coss im tired, 14 hour day and a 200 mile drive over 5 hours through shitty roads and some god awefull sights but I will say this and it might be harsh .....

I really did not want to step on toes, attempt to quash any future proposals, start a bidding wars.

Having more than one company interested in a product or title is not a bad thing, nor does it have to end up in a bidding war, all though just one more time, this was never my intention.

I sent emails to all ncsoft when requested, so did my son. Ok mine was more about trying to get ncsoft to open up communications to this community my sons was emotional, he is 11, i did try to get him to curn it but to be honest, i little bit of emotion is not a bad thing and it helped him to get it down on paper and out of his system.

and im still trying to ask ncsoft via the email address supplied after the first flood to get them to at least talk to this community.

I have spent hours making a hero themed christmas card, poster and my son made a little things for Disney and it cost a fortune to send them to the states to disney, all the things being asked are being done.

Im not a hero, once villain came out I never once visited the blue side again, This is what villain do, sure we have a mission, following it as required for the greater good, but ................. villains have their own plans sometimes and if villains can see an opportunity, we will jump in.

I am a villain, this is what villains do.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #51 on: December 18, 2012, 02:04:59 AM »
You are FINE, Warfdalic.  It's ok.  No blood, no foul.  Rest easy.

Bludgeon

• Underling
« Reply #52 on: December 18, 2012, 03:57:38 AM »
VV, sorry if this was stepping on your toes, I did not know there was a plan to contact google, feel a bit sh*t now and guilty in case my contact attempts have ruined any future proposals.

Sorry 8-(

My apologies for not monitoring the forums closer.  I work with the gang at Google Ventures on a daily basis.  Granted it is in the area of biotech, but the group is not really that large. They are spooky young and smart.  With that said, their interests are really in the area of BIG IDEAS. They focus on disruptive business models that change paradigms and shift industries.  I never thought about broaching the topic of COH, but I would be willing to take a pulse check. 

I don't want to come off as the Grinch at this time of year, but I feel it is a long shot; given my knowledge of the team.  There are other groups as well, but they are all going to be concerned about business models, management experience in the field, competitive analysis, etc.

If vv or one of the organizers can let me know whether to move forward or stand down it would be appreciated.

Blu

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #53 on: December 18, 2012, 04:34:54 AM »
Blu, a pulse-taking would be extremely useful at this point.  PMing you.

Quinch

« Reply #54 on: December 18, 2012, 04:25:04 PM »
I don't want to come off as the Grinch at this time of year, but I feel it is a long shot; given my knowledge of the team.

Everything we've all done so far and most likely everything we'll do in the future until we succeed has been a long shot, so don't worry about the odds. The fact that we keep trying to succeed doesn't mean we're not braced for failure.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #55 on: December 18, 2012, 04:45:33 PM »
Persistence has a way of drawing attention, too. :)
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #56 on: December 18, 2012, 06:03:16 PM »
I am now picturing a 5-year-old Statesman poking a grumpy old Nanny NCSoft who's trying to pretend he doesn't exist. Repeatedly. And each time saying, "Is this bothering you? Is this bothering you? Is this bothering you?"

Nafaustu

• Boss
« Reply #57 on: December 18, 2012, 07:16:13 PM »
Maybe coss im tired, 14 hour day and a 200 mile drive over 5 hours through pancakey roads and some god awefull sights but I will say this and it might be harsh .....

<snip>

You, sir, did nothing wrong and no one thinks you did.   But you do need hugs.
*hugs*

I'm a crazy empath sometimes, and this is what I do.

...what, villains need hugs too!   Probably more then most of us.   And possibly a good cry.  But no crying for you, sir!

**fills thread with warmth and light**

:D

Warfdalic

• Underling
« Reply #58 on: December 19, 2012, 09:45:08 AM »
You, sir, did nothing wrong and no one thinks you did.   But you do need hugs.
*hugs*

I'm a crazy empath sometimes, and this is what I do.

...what, villains need hugs too!   Probably more then most of us.   And possibly a good cry.  But no crying for you, sir!

**fills thread with warmth and light**

:D

Hugz never hurt anyone and thanks for the kind words.

Just finished a night shift, sorry for the late response, going to stay up for a bit and chill out if i can....... id normally try and do an ITF after a night shift, roll a respec trial or two but as of yet, no chance of that happening........ (sorry but im going to say it) ... damn you ncsoft ! damn you!

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #59 on: December 19, 2012, 10:37:13 AM »
Hugz never hurt anyone and thanks for the kind words.

Just finished a night shift, sorry for the late response, going to stay up for a bit and chill out if i can....... id normally try and do an ITF after a night shift, roll a respec trial or two but as of yet, no chance of that happening........ (sorry but im going to say it) ... damn you ncsoft ! damn you!

*Lavender-scented old lady hug*

Here, have some cookies and brandy-spiked milk.