Author Topic: animation FX and graphical settings  (Read 7755 times)

Torroes.Prime

• Lieutenant
animation FX and graphical settings
« on: December 18, 2012, 02:00:51 AM »
So I have 2 questions.

Firstly, with Bio-armor basically done is there any way to get a list of the FX the power would have used?

And second question: is there a way to change the graphical settings the engine uses when rendering demos now? If so, how?
Strength and intelligence make no requirement of one another. Power demands both.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
Re: animation FX and graphical settings
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 06:02:03 AM »
1. No idea.
2. Demos use whatever graphics settings you have in your registry for the game itself. A couple of the demo launchers allow you to change graphics settings, but I don't think any of them have the UltraMode options available. If you have Codewalker's ICON you can back out to the login screen and change your graphics settings there.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

ladycat924

• Underling
  • Star's Dark Blade - RIP CoH
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 06:52:20 AM »
Save a shortcut to the desktp of cityofheroes.exe, right click it, go to properties and add  a space and "-project coh" (without the quotation marks) to the end of the target line. Click OK. Double click the icon on your desktop and it will launch you to the login screen. The Settings button is at the bottom of the screen. This allows editing of graphics settings including Ultra Mode.

Hope that helps.
Cat
Cat
CoH - @violet shadow 924
CoH Forums - Star's Dark Blade

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2012, 09:51:15 AM »
There's a list in bin.pigg under fxinfo.bin
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

ThorsAssassin

• Boss
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2012, 11:22:40 AM »
Hmm so here is a question, what program do you use to read a .PIGG and a .bin file?

Hotaru

• Lieutenant
  • Just a demo-loving fool in the Far East...
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2012, 12:10:53 PM »
From the i24 beta, here's a demo of a toon going through all the powers one by one, calling them out after they've triggered. Enjoy!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2s8dr9ywfza93jl/bioarmorpowers.cohdemo

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2012, 12:13:17 PM »
ThorsAssassin: http://www.nullfile.com/cohfrontline.com/tools/PiggViewer.rar for piggs. There is no "complete" .bin reader that I know of, but part of the contents is readable as plaintext. :)
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

ThorsAssassin

• Boss
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2012, 12:43:33 PM »
Mr Horseman, thank you so much!

Just listening to the sounds has me nostalgic already lol.

Haven't figured out how to get to the Power FX test in order to get the demo coding that I need but this is a huge help.

**Edit**

Read the rest of your other post (durr moment there sorry...) and saw where the powers are listed. Man that is a ton of text! But I managed to see the below and got all happy. No idea what to do with it but me likes!

FX/EVENTS/ENDGAME/MAGISTERIUM/NUKE.FXyO
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 12:53:48 PM by ThorsAssassin »

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2012, 08:16:05 PM »
There is no "complete" .bin reader that I know of, but part of the contents is readable as plaintext. :)

There is one 95% complete one that I know of, however it's not publicly available due to being fairly dependant on my specific development environment to build, and tailored in a way most non-programmers would find unwieldy to use.

Here are text dumps of some of the more useful bin files; they still take a bit of work to find the information you want (a lot of it is structured the way it is due to engine internals), but are easier to read than having to guess at the binary format.

https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B1YFYcIfwXcoUlBKdVdjRkxHYm8/edit

Arachnion

• Elite Boss
  • Professional Cynic
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2012, 09:00:32 PM »
Good stuff, many thanks Codewalker.

;D
I'm all dressed up with nowhere to go
Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder

Waiting for an invitation to arrive
Goin' to a party where no one's still alive

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2012, 09:46:44 PM »
Thank you very much, Codewalker. :)

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2012, 12:37:33 AM »
If you grabbed powers.zip from the above you may want to redownload it. I forgot to enable the Attrib and sequencer bit enum name resolution which takes an extra step, so I had to re-dump it.

ThorsAssassin

• Boss
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2012, 05:33:37 AM »
I keep getting a 'Error 404' message when I try to download one of these zips Codewalker. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

*edit*
Okay just getting the error message on the powers.zip one.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2012, 05:45:41 AM »
Make sure you're not trying to download the text file within the zip. Go into the zip itself and at the very top there should be a "Download" option in the file menu. Kind of annoying really, might should have used .7z or something.

ThorsAssassin

• Boss
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2012, 05:50:44 AM »
Yep that did it, thank you sir!