Author Topic: A Song of Ice and Fire (All Book Spoilers) Discussion  (Read 16220 times)

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
Re: A Song of Ice and Fire (All Book Spoilers) Discussion
« Reply #60 on: April 12, 2013, 04:14:02 AM »
It must not have affected me as strongly as it did you.  I only vaguely recalled it when it was referenced in ADwD.  Indeed, I was trying to recall what had happened to Catelyn. ;P
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Mental Maden

• Boss
« Reply #61 on: April 22, 2013, 02:01:59 AM »
The Battle of Blackwater was awesome, but I think that final scene tonight might have been the best of the series (or maybe even TV) so far.  I got chills.  Great episode.

MG

• Underling
« Reply #62 on: April 26, 2013, 11:29:03 AM »
I second that, MM. I've been waiting for Dany to get her Crowning Moment of Awesome and they pulled it off nicely.

MG

• Underling
« Reply #63 on: June 05, 2013, 10:56:46 AM »
What, no reactions to the Red Wedding on screen?  ;)

Mental Maden

• Boss
« Reply #64 on: June 05, 2013, 01:23:39 PM »
I've been working on a big write up regarding this episode and the red wedding, but I just hadn't gotten to it yet.

Short answer: loved it.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #65 on: June 05, 2013, 05:18:10 PM »
Not having read the books, the only forewarning I had was from a conversation from a friend who said, "Oh, that's where they are in the story?  Something epic is going to happen soon.  I don't want to spoil it for you, though."

Spoiler for Hidden:
I knew as soon as the doors to the banquet hall closed that something big was about to happen.  I just had no idea how horrible it was going to be.

And out of all of it, I think I felt bad for Arya and Grey Wind more than anyone else.

Also interesting to see not one but two narrowly missed opportunities for the Stark children to reunite with one another.

Excellent episode.

And all after I'd just watched the episode of Breaking Bad where Hank gets into the shootout in the parking lot.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #66 on: June 05, 2013, 07:38:45 PM »
I would love to see the show but it hasn't popped up anywhere I can conveniently see it.  I could probably torrent it, but that brings with it its own inconveniences.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

MG

• Underling
« Reply #67 on: June 05, 2013, 09:18:38 PM »
I eagerly await your write-up, MM.

I enjoyed it as well. Despite the fact that I knew it was coming, it was still a very powerful scene. Cat's pleas for Robb's life at the end were especially wrenching. Michelle Fairley should get an Emmy!

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #68 on: July 30, 2013, 06:15:20 PM »
He's the main protagonist in my eyes.  When (normally I'd say "if", but it seems like *everyone* is going to die in this series) he dies, so likely will my interest in the story.

I recall reading somewhere that he initially planned on it, but liked Tyrion too much to do so. In my searching for evidence to support my vague recollection, I didn't find anything, except for a new book about Tyrion coming out this year: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/02/new-game-of-thrones-book-_n_3200498.html
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame