Author Topic: Most anticipated MMOG of 2013 Poll - let's bomb it with write-ins!  (Read 6031 times)

PartyKake

• Minion
http://www.tentonhammer.com/polls/most-anticipated-mmog-of-2013

At the bottom of the list of MMOG's for 2013 is a write-in option. Choose it, and type in "City of Heroes!" (the exclamation mark is important, after all, shows enthusiasm)

You can vote once PER HOUR until the poll closes. So let's give em a true Rogue Isles (or Paragon City, pshaw) welcome!

CHARGE!

The White Rager

• Lieutenant
    • The Wordpile
Re: Most anticipated MMOG of 2013 Poll - let's bomb it with write-ins!
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 05:49:06 AM »
Didn't Ten Ton Hammer post a lot of articles following our progress since the whole protest began? I'm of two minds as to whether what you're suggesting could be termed good behavior. I mean, it's a great statement, but on their end, are we just spamming them with an option they can't/won't post when they've been supportive of us in the past, or will it just be a touching testament that they'll mention and then go on to the officially upcoming titles? I'd like to think the second, but I'm not sure, and I hate to bite the hand that's fed us.

The White Rager

• Lieutenant
    • The Wordpile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 05:52:09 AM »
Just saw another thread saying Ten Ton Hammer has given our game their Best Community of 2012 award. All the more reason not to bombard them unless we're sure we're not going to alienate or even annoy them. These guys are our friends!

Maybe somebody who already has an account with them could post a comment and get the go-ahead.

downix

• Phoenix Project Technical Lead
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2012, 06:26:07 AM »
Could put one of the Plan Z's in there....

PartyKake

• Minion
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2012, 06:33:18 AM »
Why in the world would you NOT be allowed to vote for what MMORPG you're most interested in playing next year?

Electric-Knight

• Elite Boss
  • E-K and Malfaz taking a break, drinking tea
    • www.pauldamonthomas.com
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2012, 07:40:10 AM »
Why in the world would you NOT be allowed to vote for what MMORPG you're most interested in playing next year?
Agreed.
White Rager, I honestly respect and appreciate where you were coming from with that (as I like to be respectful and nonspammy as well), but I honestly see this as a legitimate vote.
And, even if I didn't, I honestly believe it is a valid situation to continue to show our support and love for the game. And I would expect it to be appreciated.

Back to the OP though... 1 vote PER HOUR?? What the... lol.
Good grief.
I can't even imagine how we could worry about spam if they have included a write-in option and have set up the rules for 1 vote per hour.
If I wasn't in Sparta right now, I'd say that that was madness!
--
"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever."
- Baron Munchausen

http://www.pauldamonthomas.com/

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2012, 07:46:02 AM »
Good grief.
I can't even imagine how we could worry about spam if they have included a write-in option and have set up the rules for 1 vote per hour.

Under no circumstances is anyone to tell the MicroVolts players about this...

Electric-Knight

• Elite Boss
  • E-K and Malfaz taking a break, drinking tea
    • www.pauldamonthomas.com
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2012, 07:51:28 AM »
Under no circumstances is anyone to tell the MicroVolts players about this...
Best not to tell their developers!!
--
"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever."
- Baron Munchausen

http://www.pauldamonthomas.com/

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2012, 12:53:06 PM »
Looks like we won best community there...scroll down a bit

2012 Best Community
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2012, 12:57:20 PM »
Let's play fair. Vote once and be done.
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

Arctic Force.

• Lieutenant
  • I am A Blaster.....Floors Fear Me!!
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2012, 02:20:39 PM »
Let's play fair. Vote once and be done.

By playing "fair" do you mean by the rules which states we can write in what we want and vote once an hour  oki doki will do :P
One the biggest entertainment franchises was saved by a letter writing campaign. Now it has 4 spin-off tv shows an animated series, eleven movies plus 1 in the works, multiple games And pretty much started "Fan-Cons". Thanks Mr. Roddenberry  Earn free bitcoin

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2012, 02:27:22 PM »
Agreed; if their rules are "once per hour," then it's fair to vote once per hour.

Any system that sets up ability to vote more than once but only once in a time frame is attempting to test dedication and enthusiasm as much as it is attempting to simply count warm bodies. It has an unfortunate vulnerability to bot-votes, but so does any online poll.

It is not cheating to vote as often as the system allows. It is cheating to use IP-changing tricks (including just voting at work and at home) to vote more often than the system allows.

Lily Barclay

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2012, 02:40:18 PM »
Isn't this for new games coming out next year? CoH is not new. Plan Z won't be out next year. Seems like we would just be trolling.

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2012, 02:45:16 PM »
They specifically say this at the top of the page:

You may vote once every hour to help your favorite title rise to the top. Rally your friends and MMO communities to champion the cause! (We saw what the power of community could do with our 2012 vote.)

So yeah, it's clearly within the rules to vote once per hour. They're asking for it. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if they were talking directly to us with that quoted part. I'm sure that a recently shutdown game getting a landslide win for "most anticipated MMO of next year" is a story they wouldn't mind running. So let's give it to them.

We're farming, not exploiting 8)

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2012, 02:46:19 PM »
We're farming, not exploiting 8)
The difference being that they handed us a hoe and told us to get plowing.

Arctic Force.

• Lieutenant
  • I am A Blaster.....Floors Fear Me!!
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2012, 02:48:35 PM »
This should be a "call to action"
One the biggest entertainment franchises was saved by a letter writing campaign. Now it has 4 spin-off tv shows an animated series, eleven movies plus 1 in the works, multiple games And pretty much started "Fan-Cons". Thanks Mr. Roddenberry  Earn free bitcoin

houtex

• Elite Boss
  • I was the turkey all along! MEE!
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2012, 05:32:01 PM »
Indeed, that very sentence screams at me, and should to all of you, "VOTE!  Vote as if your very game depended upon it.  We WANT CoH to win.  DO IT."

I can't wait for that to happen now. Heh.  Way to spell it out, guys/gals.

The White Rager

• Lieutenant
    • The Wordpile
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2012, 05:37:17 PM »
Okay, I'm convinced. It wasn't like I was sure it was a bad idea, just thought the possibility of it being spamming should be considered. But you're right, the voting rules and wording suggest it will be taken well, so banzai!

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2012, 07:01:43 PM »
As far as "tricks" or "exploits," I'm having some kind of cache problem or something that prevents me being able to vote even once per day on my laptop on the MMOSite CtA, so I have to alternate browsers to even be able to do the minimum. I'm totally on board with the argument that we're invited to spam them, but I just don't have the energy or even ability to really meet their invitation full bore. That is to say, the only way any of us could realistically and legitimately vote once per hour would be to set up a script or a bot, and I'm sure that's not what any of us want to do. Those of you who can or feel you should, more power to ya.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Blue Pulsar

• Boss
  • Epic Mediocrity
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2012, 08:20:24 PM »
What about using the three computers in my house, my smartphone, and all my friends smartphones? is that acceptable?
Blue Pulsar - 50 nrg/kin def - first toon - Liberty
Bane of Lanur - 52 nec/dark MM - Main vill - Liberty
Destan H. - 53 SS/FA brute - Farm/PvP hybrid - Freedom
Destan's Fury - 53 StJ/Regen brute - PvPer - Freedom
Destan's Shadow Gang - 53 Thug/Dark MM - PvPer - Freedom