Author Topic: Screensaver from a demo file?  (Read 2619 times)

ThorsAssassin

• Boss
Screensaver from a demo file?
« on: December 20, 2012, 05:37:33 AM »
Wanted to ask this here as I know we have a bunch of techies that may know..

Is there a way to make a screensaver for Windows7 64bit and Windows Xp?

My plan was to make my daughters a screensaver using their Coh toons doing random emotes. I know how to go through and make the movie portion and all that and have tried Dreamscene though that only allows for .wmv and .mpeg files and looks awful when it's set. Way too pixelated.

I want to (if possible) make high definition animated screensavers for them, anyone know the best way?

mikoroshi

• Boss
  • Author, Owner of Dogs
    • My Twitter
Re: Screensaver from a demo file?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 05:50:43 AM »
I am not familiar with Dreamscene.  But I remember reading Leandro suggesting you do something with the demo playback that output individual frames as bmp files, then recompile it as whatever you want for optimal quality.

If that's what you're doing already, forgive me.  As I said, I am unfamiliar with that program.
If you see me posting here, you need to tell me to stop it and get back to writing.

ThorsAssassin

• Boss
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 06:27:40 AM »
Yeah I use VirtualDub for that, what I am trying to figure out is how to make that into a screensaver for Win7 and XP.

Dreamscene is a program that lets you do that but the format looks horrible. Was wondering if there is a better way and better resolution than a .wmv or .mpeg file. Like say an .avi file like Vdub outputs.

mikoroshi

• Boss
  • Author, Owner of Dogs
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2012, 06:33:20 AM »
Apparently it's fairly easy to go from .avi to .scr?

http://www.ehow.com/how_7164837_convert-avi-scr.html
If you see me posting here, you need to tell me to stop it and get back to writing.

ThorsAssassin

• Boss
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2012, 06:42:01 AM »
Apparently it's fairly easy to go from .avi to .scr?

http://www.ehow.com/how_7164837_convert-avi-scr.html

Oh thats great insight, thank you very much!

I also needed to know about a screensaver maker like the ones mentioned there. Never did it for Win7.