Author Topic: What's the first thing you're going to do...?  (Read 9243 times)

Palladiamors

• Minion
Re: What's the first thing you're going to do...?
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2012, 03:36:29 AM »
If we retained everything?  Log onto Delgran,  summon the boys,  and start shooting things.  Then get back to his investigation of Dark Astoria.

If we don't?  Pick Delgran up off the floor,  reaffirm that yes,  he is still a hero,  then go about rebuilding his detective agency.  Start from the ground up.  Expand to new mercs as he gets the money for their gear.  Frankenguns don't come cheap you know!  Let alone those with attached rocket launchers!

Quinch

« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2012, 05:24:33 AM »
Start a "Welcome Brigade" supergroup, rounding up vets willing to help the influx of newcomers get started on the right track. People tend to come into CoH with a lot of preconceptions about how the game and community works, so I'll probably just chill around and newbie-help.

LT. Couper

• Boss
  • The battle won't end until it's won!
« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2012, 06:28:16 AM »
I'll stare at the character selection screen for a bit, before logging in to Couper and beating down some baddies (hopefully with my incarnates) again. Then I'll make a bunch of new toons and try out the powersets and costume parts i never got to.
"Heroes may die, but heroism never shall." ~Cyrus "Breakneck" Thompson

DashaBlade

• Underling
« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2012, 08:37:54 AM »
If everything is just as it was the last time I logged on, I'll log in to my main toon and keep trying to finish all the possible story arcs (through flashback).

If I have to start from scratch, I'll recreate my main toon and try to finish all the story arcs. :P

Well, actually, the first thing I'll do is have a glass of wine in celebration. Then I'll do one of those things.

Ceremonius

• Lieutenant
  • Here we are now! Entertain us! ~Nirvana
« Reply #44 on: December 23, 2012, 11:18:25 AM »
The first thing?

Log in with my Ceremonius, head over to talos island, jump through the water to the isles wich are not on the map (near the ghostship event) and sit down in the grotto ;). Next to the Ouro waterfalls one of my favourite place :)
No Guts, No Glory! No Pain, No Gain!
One for all, all for one; Riders on the range!
No Guts, No Glory! We're taking a stand!
Ready to prove it again!
~Galaxy Rangers

Minotaur

• Elite Boss
« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2012, 04:58:19 PM »
Reminds self not to make stupid promises.

Visualises Bobby Hebert going through NO in a dress after the saints won the superbowl (and that wasn't even his promise).

I will take my elec/shield scrapper Tower of Power out, set my difficulty to +3x8 if it isn't already and kick some butt in a mission.

Lucretia MacEvil

« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2012, 05:54:07 PM »
Personally (and this may sound a little bad of me), I'd kind of want to do the second option more than the first.

You're not alone.

Lily Barclay

• Elite Boss
« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2012, 09:47:45 PM »
Log into my babies and give them all a big mental hug. If they are gone, I will reroll them all and then give them a big mental hug. (and be glad they aren't in millennium city anymore)

Jordan_Lee

• Lieutenant
« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2012, 10:48:10 PM »
If I can sit still long enough (I tend to bounce and get hyper when I'm uber happy and excited, which I will be should this happen) I will log into Sara's Screams, and continue badge hunting. There were many new badges from the past year that I missed out on during my break, and I need them.

I'd also check out the supergroup base. Sadly I think I'm the last active player of my supergroup :( But I really love my base.

And then we'd go on to further our Incarnate training.

:'( now I'm crying

Illusionss

• Elite Boss
« Reply #49 on: December 24, 2012, 02:09:31 AM »
The first thing I am going to do, is not go wild with plans until we have a reasonable clue that we are in fact, getting the game back. Watched pots and all that.

Should that happen, though, I am ready. I did not destroy my SG bases, or strip my characters of influence or IOs as many in-game friends did - I know several people who made prestige bonfires consisting of literally billions of influence. The important stuff I had stored in the bases, is being carried by my top alts in case bases go "boom." Its all being carried by about 5 alts, in case selection of characters is limited somehow.

If they wipe our account info, and I feel that this is a very likely outcome, I will begin the alpine challenge of rebuilding from the ground up. What has been done once can be done again.

srmalloy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #50 on: December 24, 2012, 04:09:06 AM »
The first thing I am going to do, is not go wild with plans until we have a reasonable clue that we are in fact, getting the game back. Watched pots and all that.

The only plan I have for what I'd do if we got CoH back is to go out and fly around the zones, switching between characters to welcome back everyone that I had to say goodbye to on 11/30...

Blue Pulsar

• Boss
  • Epic Mediocrity
« Reply #51 on: December 24, 2012, 06:59:25 AM »

Who needs reasonable clues when we have far fetched notions!?!? If I can't play CoV right now, the least I'm going to do is live off the left over superhero fantasy residue that it left in my brain.
Blue Pulsar - 50 nrg/kin def - first toon - Liberty
Bane of Lanur - 52 nec/dark MM - Main vill - Liberty
Destan H. - 53 SS/FA brute - Farm/PvP hybrid - Freedom
Destan's Fury - 53 StJ/Regen brute - PvPer - Freedom
Destan's Shadow Gang - 53 Thug/Dark MM - PvPer - Freedom

Iron-Emerald

• Minion
« Reply #52 on: December 24, 2012, 08:45:14 AM »
If it was available I'd get my closest friends in-game together and play through the Summer Event. I always found that so much fun. If that wasn't possible then probably play through the Synapse TF, as we left off one mission from the end. And after that my main would fly over Atlas, head to Talos, then go beat up Mot some more in DA!

Zolgar

• Grand Poobah of Plan Z
  • Boss
« Reply #53 on: December 24, 2012, 09:07:27 AM »
If we keep our characters.. I'll probably jump in as Phantom, and fly around AP giving out money, high level SOs and SB to n00bs.

If we lose our characters:
Cry.

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #54 on: December 24, 2012, 03:43:43 PM »
I will do what I did on the last day, roll an Alt.

I have several in mind already. Bio's in my head and power sets picked.

Colette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #55 on: December 24, 2012, 05:07:06 PM »
I saw the City off by standing in Gemini Park and saying "until we meet again" to my friends, one by one. When the day comes, I will stand in the same place, welcoming them back as the enter, one by one.

samfivedot

• Underling
  • ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWAH
« Reply #56 on: December 24, 2012, 10:29:54 PM »
Log in as my main character and go right back to the mission arc I was playing through. I never got to see how it ended :\

After that, probably make the billions of new characters I've thought up.

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #57 on: December 24, 2012, 11:22:12 PM »
Hmmm, the first thing?  That depends on how much we get back.  If all of it comes back one of my first tasks is going to be alting around to put crafted IO's back in SG bins and looking to see if I still have a Global Friends list and who's on.  I'll make sure SG base maintenance is current, then go play.   My first choice would be to ITF!!!!  Worst case scenario, make a new "first" toon and get out there and play!  (I'd probably also be telephoning and emailing friends letting them know CoH was back!)   It would make me very happy to have CoH back!   :)
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

zoser

• Lieutenant
« Reply #58 on: December 25, 2012, 02:44:17 AM »
I think I willl take time off, log in Zoser, whom I left in our SG's war room and head over to DA for some serious LEAGUEing - hugging random players as I go.

And I will probably cry a lot. :')

Timelord Tom

• RIP Timlord
  • Lieutenant
    • Paragon Radio Gallifrey
« Reply #59 on: December 26, 2012, 01:29:54 AM »
If everything is as it was when before the shutdown? I'll log in as my main,  Willowbright, who had just gotten to lvl 50 the final week, fly as high as the game will let me take her, wooohoooing all the way. Then look down on the city (don't remember what zone she signed off on and just watch and "listen" for a while.