Author Topic: Has anyone had their Disney letters returned to them?  (Read 6205 times)

Janrith

• Minion
Has anyone had their Disney letters returned to them?
« on: December 20, 2012, 08:43:29 PM »
My son sent out 3 letters two weeks ago, and he just got one returned as undeliverable last night.  The address was all scribbled out with grease pencil which seems odd to me.

Was there an updated list of contact addresses that we missed which removed Mr. (Mrs.?) Nicolai from the list of addressees?  We took the list of names from the OP of the stickied thread.

Has anyone else had their letters returned?

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
Re: Has anyone had their Disney letters returned to them?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 08:58:00 PM »
O_O that's... uhh... creepy, and is just begging for conspiracy theories. And begs the question of at what point was the text scribbled out? Before or after it arrived at the destination region? Because... of COURSE, it wouldn't be able to find the recipient if the address was like that.

I'd call USPS and ask them what would prompt such a thing.

Kistulot

• Elite Boss
  • Argentum Weritas Est!
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 08:59:11 PM »
The post office is staffed by CHUDS!

Wait... no... hrm.

I'm bad at this conspiracy thing...
Woo! - Argent Girl

Wyrm

• Stop Dragon My Heart Around
  • Boss
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2012, 09:04:37 PM »
Yeah, there are a couple of us (including me) who mentioned this in the stickied TF Hail Mary thread at the top of the page.  Mine had a different stamp on it - something about me needing to use both first and last names...

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2012, 02:12:49 AM »
It seems that at least the letters for Iger and Pleasants are getting through, and they are the two important ones.

Remember there are a lot of clerks that work in the Disney mail room, and each one will have his or her own way of dealing with mail that can't be delivered.  Some will forward it to the new person holding the same title, some will return it, some will scribble over the name and return it.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

nyhm

• Underling
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2012, 03:27:16 AM »
Jean-Marcel hasnt worked there in almost 2-3 years? He "left" as part of a major re-org. Hence the return.

Also, while it is admirable to try and get a hold of John Pleasants, he is only the CO-President of Disney Interacftive Media Group. He runs the Video Games/Mobile side of the business known as Disney Interactive. The head of Production is Bill Roper, he reports to Pleasants. If you want a shot at them, you should try Roper first.

BUT, who the correct person to contact is Jimmy Pitaro, he is the other CO-President, runs the Online business, including Online Games,which are web based and facebook based games.

Pitaro and PLeasants are both based in Palo Alto, but you have to use the main corporate mail address (which you have) to get through them.

PS,
I know this because I worked at Disney Interactive until a couple of months ago.  Good Luck.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2012, 03:48:41 AM »
Jean-Marcel hasnt worked there in almost 2-3 years? He "left" as part of a major re-org. Hence the return.

Also, while it is admirable to try and get a hold of John Pleasants, he is only the CO-President of Disney Interacftive Media Group. He runs the Video Games/Mobile side of the business known as Disney Interactive. The head of Production is Bill Roper, he reports to Pleasants. If you want a shot at them, you should try Roper first.

BUT, who the correct person to contact is Jimmy Pitaro, he is the other CO-President, runs the Online business, including Online Games,which are web based and facebook based games.

Pitaro and PLeasants are both based in Palo Alto, but you have to use the main corporate mail address (which you have) to get through them.

PS,
I know this because I worked at Disney Interactive until a couple of months ago.  Good Luck.

Do Roper and Pitaro have authority to look at acquiring games?  If not, we will have to stick to Pleasants.  If so, I can print up another pair of the pitches and send it to them.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Janrith

• Minion
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2012, 05:57:36 AM »
Thanks for the info.  We'll get the letter out to the right person who his weekend.

Vasarto

• Boss
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2012, 07:22:18 AM »
yeah. I had one of mine returned to me with black crap rubbed around the address.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2012, 11:05:48 AM »
Answered in the other thread, Pitaro is a "go" folks.

Lily Barclay

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2012, 07:19:26 AM »
We haven't had any letters returned yet.

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2012, 07:27:14 AM »
you could send the letter in 2 envellopes, one addressed to the disney mail room (or someone there at disney who will accept the delivery) and then a second letter inside addressed to the one you can't get the letter to.
There is always another way. But it might not work exactly like you may desire.

A wise old rabbit once told me "Never give-up!, Trust your instincts!" granted the advice at the time led me on a tripped-out voyage out of an asteroid belt, but hey it was more impressive than a bunch of rocks and space monkies.