Author Topic: A Question On My Mind  (Read 5865 times)

LT. Couper

• Boss
  • The battle won't end until it's won!
Re: A Question On My Mind
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2012, 02:24:02 AM »
I still don't understand why nobody at NC foresaw the financial consequences of shutting down CoH. Do they think that B&S will make up for it or are they intentially commiting financia suicide?
"Heroes may die, but heroism never shall." ~Cyrus "Breakneck" Thompson

Quinch

« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2012, 02:51:08 AM »
I'm sure that somebody foresaw the consequences. The people making the decision apparently didn't and/or ignored those who did.

DarkCurrent

• Boss
« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2012, 03:38:09 AM »
I'm not sure the loss of revenue is enough for them to care enough.  They're clearly banking on making up the cash with their other ventures.  And from their wording on the closure of PS they needed to focus better on those other ventures and CoH was somehow preventing them from doing that.

The biggest question is whether or not the sale of the IP would be worth their time filling out the paperwork.  The second big question is whether they're willing to look bad if the game they gave up on did well with another publisher.

Until such time as they can be convinced that the answers to those 2 questions are good news for them you'll likely not see a sale.

So you'll need someone to throw heaps of cash at them and/or someone that's a 'friend' buy it so they can smile and say 'good for you'.  They won't sell for less than they think it's worth and won't sell to an 'enemy' that would rub it in their face.

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2012, 05:36:09 AM »
I still don't understand why nobody at NC foresaw the financial consequences of shutting down CoH. Do they think that B&S will make up for it or are they intentially commiting financia suicide?
What "financial consequences"?  Their sales are up, their profits are at an all time high for a quarter.

Yes their stock price is down but that doesn't affect them directly or even indirectly by much.  Sure their CEO owns about 10% of the stock but he sold 60% of what he had to Nexon back when the stock was 100,000 KrW higher than where it is now so he made out.

Higher profits third quarter and lower stock prices have made a number of analyst indexes more favorable for NCSoft.  Over the short term NCSoft is more attractive now than it was pre-Freedom.
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

Little Green Frog

• Boss
  • @Little Green Frog
« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2012, 12:06:59 PM »
And from their wording on the closure of PS they needed to focus better on those other ventures and CoH was somehow preventing them from doing that.

This is just a PR statement used as a non-explanation. It probably doesn't mean anything.