Author Topic: Demo playback sound?  (Read 47357 times)

Todogut

• Boss
    • Todogut on deviantART
Re: Demo playback sound?
« Reply #60 on: October 07, 2014, 06:24:58 AM »
The reason you're not seeing it is that that exe has already been patched. Look at the 0A column on the first line and you'll see the "change it to" sequence from the original post for I24:

83 05 30 13 67 01 01 90 90 90

Huh. Yep, the updated bytes sequence is already in place. Wow.

I have no recollection of updating my files; but, maybe I ran NeoRavencroft's patcher utility back in December 2012. That's the only explanation I can imagine.

So... it should be working. Are you using the patched executable to try to play back demos?

Yes, I am running the patched executable. But, I don't hear any sound. When I run a .cohdemo file, it plays in silence.

I'm using the City of Heroes/Villains Demo Launcher 2. I don't see any options in the launcher for activating/deactivating sound.

Is there some way I need to run a .cohdemo file in order to hear sound?

Todogut

• Boss
    • Todogut on deviantART
« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2014, 06:08:52 AM »
Thanks to tips from Codewalker, I have made some progress.
- I have been able to get sound while playing a demorecording in the issue 24/beta client.
- But, no sound yet when using the issue 23/live client. Not sure what the problem is. I've still got some things to check and try for a fix.

Todogut

• Boss
    • Todogut on deviantART
« Reply #62 on: December 27, 2014, 11:24:13 AM »
... no sound yet when using the issue 23/live client. Not sure what the problem is. I've still got some things to check and try for a fix.

Tonight, I rechecked the Issue 23 exe file and found--heheh--I had not changed the sequence. I guess, that's why the sound didn't play.

After a few tries in HxD, I got it right. The sound plays now--hooray! So, now I can hear sound in both I23 and I24 demo replays.

Thank you, Codewalker!

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #63 on: March 05, 2015, 04:47:50 PM »
Made a patcher for those not wanting to play with hex editors.

Link for Live Client

Link for Beta Client

Does anyone still have copies of these files?

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #64 on: March 27, 2015, 10:59:37 PM »
Here's a patched beta client executable: http://ge.tt/9JZHA6D2/v/0
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

Ice Trix

• Boss
« Reply #65 on: May 18, 2015, 10:26:43 AM »
Thanks for the patch link.

MomentaryGrace

• Lieutenant
« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2016, 03:01:08 PM »
I just found this. Can anyone recommend a hex editor? Free if possible... Microsoft has one for W10 but I want to use my W7 box.

thnx

Scrapperlock in ten... nine...

Floride

• Elite Boss
  • Badgehunter Extraordinaire
« Reply #67 on: March 24, 2016, 04:00:08 AM »
I just found this. Can anyone recommend a hex editor? Free if possible... Microsoft has one for W10 but I want to use my W7 box.

thnx
I'm running win7 and I used HxD Hex Editor and it worked fine, and it's free.
History shows again and again
How nature points out the folly of men

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #68 on: March 24, 2016, 04:08:57 AM »
If you're planning on doing this, keep in mind step 1 of the original instructions:

1. MAKE A BACKUP COPY OF CITYOFHEROES.EXE

In fact, it's better if you copy the file to some other name and modify the copy instead.

This is especially important if you use Paragon Chat, because version 1.0 is around the corner, and it will not work if cityofheroes.exe has been modified. It won't even detect the COH directory as a valid install if the exe is not the original.