Author Topic: Demo playback sound?  (Read 47363 times)

Shadowkiss

• Underling
Re: Demo playback sound?
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2012, 07:05:07 AM »
Thank you codewalker, and thank  NeoRavencroft. for the great work. The Demos now look and sound like home.

Cryfire

• Lieutenant
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2012, 11:06:21 AM »
Thanks tons Codewalker & NeoRavencroft. Didn't think there would be a fix for this so fast.  ;D

ThorsAssassin

• Boss
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2012, 12:40:24 PM »
oh snap....sound?

SQUEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

So you guys were able to fix a bug that the developers couldn't? That makes you very cool people. Any danger in patching our clients i23 or i24? Should we make copies? (duh of course we should)

Also if we make copies, is there a way to patch it to the right client?

Just wanna make sure I don't damage anything really but REALLY wanting sound again.

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2012, 12:57:45 PM »
Any danger in patching our clients i23 or i24?
Shouldn't be, unless you patch the wrong client.
Also if we make copies, is there a way to patch it to the right client?
The i23 patch should be used on the Live client. The i24 patch should be used on the Beta client.
If there really is a demand for a foolproof solution, I might dust off VS and make a patcher that identifies the executables by checksum.
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

ThorsAssassin

• Boss
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2012, 01:22:01 PM »
Don't want to complicate it for ya bro, just wanting to make sure before I do it (just in case).

I really appreciate this. Been trying to port in the sounds and align them to the video and it's tedious as all hell. Almost like a B rated movie at this point lol. So this solution has me all giddy like a Coh player watching a Leandro video...

therain93

• Elite Boss
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2012, 01:31:55 PM »
Gotta shovel some snow so I can't play with this yet, but I'm starting to believe Codewalker is one of Santa's Little Helpers.  Thank you! ( ' :
@Texarkana - March 5, 2004 - December 1, 2012 -- Imageshack |-| Youtube
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You don't know what it's like.... |-| Book One. Chapter one...

Tivomaniac

• Minion
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2012, 01:59:17 PM »
Keep up the great work! 
--
You may know me as @PricklyDarkness from Triumph

Michiyo

• Titan Staff
  • Lieutenant
    • SGSpaces
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2012, 07:52:22 PM »
The patches will back up the exe for you as well. It'll name the backup cityofheroes.exe.bak.  I also tried to run the beta patch on the live exe, and the patcher will not use it, complains of "Unkown Version" so no worries there.

Arachnion

• Elite Boss
  • Professional Cynic
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2012, 10:23:57 PM »
Good stuff.

Thanks Codewalker and NeoRavencroft!

:)
I'm all dressed up with nowhere to go
Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder

Waiting for an invitation to arrive
Goin' to a party where no one's still alive

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2012, 10:33:56 PM »
I'd be interested in getting some info on how to override ent_types and scenes with local files, since I have some ideas I'd like to try out (mainly with trying to get clickies to show up demo playback).

Edited to add: in i24.

At offset 00487C92, you should see:

0F 84 34 03 00 00

Just replace it all with NOPs:

90 90 90 90 90 90

And it will disable the check for disallowed file overrides.

Keep in mind that by changing the exe, you wouldn't be able to connect to a server with that client anymore, since it checksums the exe at startup and sends it to the server for verification. Not that it's really an issue, just an fyi.

Arachnion

• Elite Boss
  • Professional Cynic
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2012, 12:09:38 AM »
http://www.speedyshare.com/8UFa2/Demos.rar

527 MB unpacked, 144 demorecords.

These are not mine, I simply have them from an archive someone posted on the old official forums before they went down.

I've posted this link to the forum before, but I'm reposting it now due to the fixed sound :)
I'm all dressed up with nowhere to go
Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder

Waiting for an invitation to arrive
Goin' to a party where no one's still alive

Leandro

• Elite Boss
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2012, 04:36:38 AM »

These are not mine, I simply have them from an archive someone posted on the old official forums before they went down.

I've posted this link to the forum before, but I'm reposting it now due to the fixed sound :)

* Leandro steals the demos and extracts all the characters for them for future crowd use.

916 characters, 882 that I didn't have. Mwahahaha!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 04:59:26 AM by Leandro »

Torroes.Prime

• Lieutenant
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2012, 04:39:15 AM »

*looks around sheepishly*

I just looked at my demo files.

I have 1.5gbs worth of demo files recorded from in game...
Strength and intelligence make no requirement of one another. Power demands both.

Samuraiko

• Honorary Paragon Dev and
  • Elite Boss
  • EVERYONE LOOK AWESOME - I'M FILMING!
    • The Wandering Crane
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2012, 05:06:09 AM »
*grins*

From the live server - 2,785 demofiles totalling 3.22GB (non-compressed)
From beta - 126 demofiles totalling 111MB (non-compressed) (I routinely move demofiles from beta to live as issues get released)

*sighs*

Never mind the 10GB worth of demofiles I lost when my old storage hard drive crashed...

Michelle
aka
Samuraiko/Dark_Respite
The game may be gone, but the videos are still here...
http://www.youtube.com/samuraiko
http://cohtube.blogspot.com

ThorsAssassin

• Boss
« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2012, 06:36:01 AM »
nom nom nom demo's...

Actually I think I have those demos from Arachnion from the last time ya posted em. I have been collecting them whenever I see em.

Cryfire

• Lieutenant
« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2012, 08:00:15 AM »
nom nom nom demo's...

Actually I think I have those demos from Arachnion from the last time ya posted em. I have been collecting them whenever I see em.

Same, grabbing all the demo files anyone posts.  ;D

Cryfire

• Lieutenant
« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2012, 08:02:08 AM »
* Leandro steals the demos and extracts all the characters for them for future crowd use.

916 characters, 882 that I didn't have. Mwahahaha!

How do you go about extracting characters from demos? I mean besides doing it manually one at a time.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2012, 08:04:30 AM »
Leandro is one, mean Perl-man. Which is different than Ron Perlman, but ALMOST as awesome.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Leandro

• Elite Boss
« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2012, 09:48:13 AM »
How do you go about extracting characters from demos? I mean besides doing it manually one at a time.

If you already used one of my scripts before, you should have Perl installed. If not, get it from http://www.activestate.com/activeperl/downloads

For the following scripts, right-click the link and select Save As to put them in the appropriate folder, then double click them to run them.

This Perl script reads all the .cohdemo files in the folder where the script is and writes all entities (players and NPCs) it finds to a folder called "Characters", creating it if necessary:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37952257/cohdemo2char.pl

This Perl script reads all the .costume files in the folder where the script is and writes them in demo format to a folder called "Characters", creating it if necessary:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37952257/costume2char.pl

This Perl script reads all the Sentinel+ .xml files in the folder where the script is and writes all costumes to a folder called "Characters", creating it if necessary:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37952257/sentinel2char.pl

This script reads all the .char files in the $charfolder and uses the COH client to generate JPEG previews of each character, dumping them in $jpegfolder, creating the latter if necessary:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37952257/char2jpg.pl

WARNING ON THAT LAST SCRIPT: you need to change the three paths near the beginning to match the folders in your own computer where you have the .char files, where you want the .jpg files to be dumped, and where your City of Heroes client resides. If you don't set those full paths correctly, it won't work.

$charfolder = 'D:\City of Heroes\JPEG Maker\Characters';
$jpegfolder = 'D:\City of Heroes\JPEG Maker\JPEG';
$cohfolder = 'D:\City of Heroes\CohBeta';

You have to open the script in Notepad (open Notepad, drag the scripts inside) and change just the paths part of those lines. Leave the single quotes around them. No trailing slash. If, for example, you have City of Heroes installed in the default path, you would change the last line to:

$cohfolder = 'C:\Program Files (x86)\NCsoft\City of Heroes';

Hotaru

• Lieutenant
  • Just a demo-loving fool in the Far East...
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2012, 02:01:12 PM »
Over 5 Gigs of uncompressed demos here, and I'll put them up somewhere eventually for your viewing/harvesting enjoyment.

In the meantime, if anyone's looking for anything in particular, give me a shout and I'll dropbox it if I have it.