Author Topic: Citizens?  (Read 2716 times)

Timelord Tom

• RIP Timlord
  • Lieutenant
    • Paragon Radio Gallifrey
Citizens?
« on: December 29, 2012, 05:23:33 PM »
I've been playing with demo editing, and slowly learning from trial n error, and forum searches, etc. There's a couple of things I haven't managed to crack/found:

1) Toons with Shield defense. How do we get them to hold their shields?

2)  Citizens, Civilians, and Bystanders. I've used the codes from http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Demo_Editing/Demo_Model_Names#Citizens.2C_Civilians.2C_and_Bystanders but nothing works. It does work with the codes for other NPC's, so my format isn't wrong. Even tried grabbing them from other demos where the Civilian DOES show up, and still nothing.

Help!

Leandro

• Elite Boss
Re: Citizens?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 05:48:40 PM »
1) MOV SHIELD_COMBATREADY

2) Check the NPC's distance from the Player entity. Civilians tend to "fade away" a lot closer to the Player entity than other player characters.

Timelord Tom

• RIP Timlord
  • Lieutenant
    • Paragon Radio Gallifrey
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 06:13:51 PM »
1) Like a charm!

2) Guess that makes sense that they did it that way. Going to make what I have in mind a bit challenging, but think I can manage it.

Thanks, Leandro.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2012, 05:13:33 AM »
2) Guess that makes sense that they did it that way. Going to make what I have in mind a bit challenging, but think I can manage it.
There are some enemy groups with NPC-looking people in them that will fade at enemy group distance vs citizen distance...still not as far away as player model distance but somewhat further. I can't think of the group names off the top of my head, though. But like, the "citizens" in TPN, for instance.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Floride

• Elite Boss
  • Badgehunter Extraordinaire
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2013, 09:35:40 AM »
There are some enemy groups with NPC-looking people in them that will fade at enemy group distance vs citizen distance...still not as far away as player model distance but somewhat further. I can't think of the group names off the top of my head, though. But like, the "citizens" in TPN, for instance.
The Crazed work well for that. Listing them all here but only looked at a few.

MaleNPC_Villain_01
01 thru 05, 50 thru 54, 100 thru 115, 200 thru 203, 210 thru 213, 220 thru 223, 240, 241

FemaleNPC_Villain_01
01 thru 05, 51 thru 55, 101 thru 115, 200, 201, 220 thru 222
History shows again and again
How nature points out the folly of men