Author Topic: City of Data Update post Issue 11  (Read 19908 times)

RedTomax

• Lieutenant
City of Data Update post Issue 11
« on: January 18, 2008, 01:59:37 PM »
Yes, thanks to our lovely devs, it's going to happen (including the new powersets).

More details to follow.  It's not likely going to be a simple task, but I will do my best to get an update to you as soon as possible.

Maverick X

• Elite Boss
  • Superpowered Awesome
    • SeanMcMahan.info
Re: City of Data Update post Issue 11
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 02:10:11 PM »
The nice thing is, you now have a lot more help. ;)
Sean
Retired Resident Titan Nerd
---------------------------

Catharctic

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 07:14:22 PM »
I'll definitely get the Frozen Aura update to you, as soon as it's official of course.

Slodeine

• Underling
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2008, 06:50:34 AM »
Are you talking about a data dump, or manual entry?

RedTomax

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2008, 09:20:07 AM »
Are you talking about a data dump, or manual entry?

The former.  Thankfully.  Manual entry would be a nightmare given how much data I have currently:  about 65 fields per power, and another ~35 fields per effect of each power.  It's early days but we're hopeful we can get the update out without any need for manual data entry.

Catharctic

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2008, 03:58:31 PM »
Yeah, I'm just eager to show my secondary having more damage.

Slodeine

• Underling
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2008, 08:28:30 PM »
So you've communicated with the Devs and they've agreed to give you the data, or you'll pull it from the game somehow?

RedTomax

• Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2008, 08:59:50 PM »
So you've communicated with the Devs and they've agreed to give you the data, or you'll pull it from the game somehow?

Heh, I wish!  They've always been firm, but polite, with their "no" to my requests, and I can't see this changing anything.  I have help, thankfully, as I've never managed to quite get the knack of deciphering the game's data files.

Catharctic

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2008, 09:32:57 PM »
Hey RT, have you guys not put the Purple Recipes on the chart for the sake of saving space? I know they are all Pool A, so they don't really need to be there. I was just wondering.

RedTomax

• Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2008, 10:56:50 PM »
Hey RT, have you guys not put the Purple Recipes on the chart for the sake of saving space? I know they are all Pool A, so they don't really need to be there. I was just wondering.

The're not there as I haven't had chance to do anything about the recipe updates for a while.  When Iakona left the game it made getting updates a lot more work on my behalf and I simply haven't had the time yet.

TA

• Minion
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2008, 10:30:30 PM »
So, I take it from this that you have updated versions of the various spreadsheets.  Would it be possible to share the spreadsheets themselves, by any chance?  Just put them up for download somewhere?