Author Topic: Change billboards in demo playback?  (Read 3012 times)

kalynnda13

• Minion
Change billboards in demo playback?
« on: December 30, 2012, 08:32:09 PM »
I have an idea for a Google-oriented short vid (in support of the Hail Mary team), but I need to change a billboard. I seem to recall there was a way to do that in the live game. So my questions are a) how do you change the billboard to use a new image, and b) will it work in a demo playback?

I have two ideas I want to see if I can create. One is several heroes sitting/standing/dancing on a billboard that has a Google-related image. The second is a hero (or several heroes) doing a fly-by of a Google-related billboard. I'm not quite sure what I'll use for the billboards...I have to do a bit of research. I'm open to suggestions. 

Thanks for your help!  I am so amazed by the talent here.

Samuraiko

• Honorary Paragon Dev and
  • Elite Boss
  • EVERYONE LOOK AWESOME - I'M FILMING!
    • The Wandering Crane
Re: Change billboards in demo playback?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2012, 08:54:13 PM »
Yes there is - you can use the Splasher program to do it. Leandro may have a copy of it - if not, I do.

Michelle
aka
Samuraiko/Dark_Respite
The game may be gone, but the videos are still here...
http://www.youtube.com/samuraiko
http://cohtube.blogspot.com

Leandro

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 04:58:27 AM »
Should still be up on the website, www.splasher.com.ar
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 07:34:00 AM by Leandro »

ThorsAssassin

• Boss
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 06:37:26 AM »
I can confirm that they work in the demo's still. Used Splasher a few times on the current video I am working on.

kalynnda13

• Minion
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2013, 04:49:31 AM »
OK, I've got Splasher and I can change most billboards. Is it possible to change the ones that were player created? For example, the ZombCare one in Kings?  I did some pigg diving, but haven;t been able to find a corresponding texture for them.  Thanks again.

Leandro

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2013, 05:07:15 AM »
OK, I've got Splasher and I can change most billboards. Is it possible to change the ones that were player created? For example, the ZombCare one in Kings?  I did some pigg diving, but haven;t been able to find a corresponding texture for them.  Thanks again.

texture_library/WORLD/City_Zones/Praetoria/signs/FanB_ZombCare2x1.texture

You're going to have to edit splasher.csv (it's a simple text file) and add it. The second line in the csv says:

Billboards - Horizontal 2:1,15

The 15 is the number of items in that section, so increase it to 16 to fit another. Immediately after that line, add a new line:

ZombCare,1024,512,texture_library/WORLD/City_Zones/Preatoria/signs,FanB_ZombCare2x1

And save the CSV. Next time you open Splasher, one of two things will happen:

1. it won't start at all (check that you have the right number of items in each section; the very first line of the file is the number of sections)

2. ZombCare will be there and you're good to go.