Author Topic: Need dual pistol and assault rifle demos for Tek Jansen short vid  (Read 5954 times)

kalynnda13

• Minion
The Hail Mary team is trying to drum up support for either a Disney or Google involvement with CoH. I have an idea for a Tek Jansen short vid. Tek is Stephen Colbert's superhero character. Unfortunately, I didn't demo record any dual pistol or assault rifle/beam rifle characters fighting stuff. I'm just taking baby steps into demo editing, and creating from-scratch battles is a bit out of my league.

I want to show Tek fighting "Nazis" - either 5th Column or Council, and also Rikti (alien invaders). If you have demos that include a dual pistol, beam/assault rifle character fighting any of those, and are willing to share, I would be very grateful.

Some Tek Jansen images I created are at: http://s1141.beta.photobucket.com/user/rivermoon13/library/

Samuraiko

• Honorary Paragon Dev and
  • Elite Boss
  • EVERYONE LOOK AWESOME - I'M FILMING!
    • The Wandering Crane
Re: Need dual pistol and assault rifle demos for Tek Jansen short vid
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 12:50:33 AM »
I have footage from when I was filming dual pistols for various earlier vids that I can swap out the Sky Raiders and Skulls for Rikti or 5th/Council.

Scenes are here and here.

Probably have other footage too if I go back and look.

Michelle
aka
Samuraiko/Dark_Respite
The game may be gone, but the videos are still here...
http://www.youtube.com/samuraiko
http://cohtube.blogspot.com

kalynnda13

• Minion
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013, 03:37:46 AM »
I'm hard at work at my Google video. I still hope to do some Tek Jansen clips. What I need is the demo files of a gun wielding hero (single, e.g. beam rifle, or dual pistols) fighting various stuff. My plan is to replace the hero in the demo file with my Tek version.

Michelle, thanks for the links to footage. But what I'm looking for is the raw demo files. 

I have the various downloads of demorecords that were posted on the Titan boards. I know at least one has a dual-pistol hero in it. I was just hoping someone had a demorecord on-hand that would fit the bill. I just need a fight scene or two.

Thanks for trying to help.

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2013, 08:32:09 PM »
Is this going to be an action collage made from pre-existing fights, with simple swaps of costumes with the Tek Jansen one? I feel like this is a very good chance to get the attention of Colbert, and even get it played on the show. But the higher the production effort, the better. Do you have a storyboard for this, even if it's just in your head?

Samuraiko

• Elite Boss
    • The Wandering Crane
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2013, 12:24:55 AM »

Michelle, thanks for the links to footage. But what I'm looking for is the raw demo files. 

I have the various downloads of demorecords that were posted on the Titan boards. I know at least one has a dual-pistol hero in it. I was just hoping someone had a demorecord on-hand that would fit the bill. I just need a fight scene or two.

Thanks for trying to help.

I meant that I have the demofiles for those - if that's the kind of thing you want, I can upload the demos to my dropbox.

Michelle
aka
Samuraiko/Dark_Respite

kalynnda13

• Minion
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2013, 12:27:04 AM »
I haven't thought much beyond getting some short clips. If someone with more experience and time wants to put together a Tek Jansen short video...I would be relieved. My demo/video editing skills are minimal. I'm currently working on getting a Google-related video done (for the next Hail Mary push), so I doubt I'd be able to do anything Tek-ish for awhile.

I'd be happy to provide my version of Tek. I know at least one other person on the board put together a Tek character.

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2013, 01:09:21 AM »
I haven't thought much beyond getting some short clips. If someone with more experience and time wants to put together a Tek Jansen short video...I would be relieved. My demo/video editing skills are minimal. I'm currently working on getting a Google-related video done (for the next Hail Mary push), so I doubt I'd be able to do anything Tek-ish for awhile.

I'd be happy to provide my version of Tek. I know at least one other person on the board put together a Tek character.

Ohhh, OK, I thought this WAS the video you were working on and just mistook Google video as meaning Youtube video.

I'm picturing something inspired by the "NCsoft destroyed the Colbert Nation" image though. And that's more or less how I envision the video ending. Building up to that, Tek spying on Big Evil's plans for global domination. The "plan" is spiced up to sound like a cliche Villain plot, but parallels the IRL events enough to convey what NCsoft did. Some campy monologue from Tek emphasizes the impact that this will have on 'civilization' if it comes to pass. A couple simple fight moments happen with the blaster/rifle. Tek is trying to stop the disaster event from happening, but it's too late. Paragon goes boom. Tek is on his knees in the ashes as the villain laughs in triumph. Then the video ends with a classic "To be continued" moment, implying that the story isn't over yet. Tune in next week, same bat time, same bat channel, etc.

So basically, this would be half Tek Jansen fanfilm, and half SaveCOH plea. The fanfilm element will help get their attention. Even without an attempt to get it aired, it'll surely get passed around the offices. That will greatly increase the odds that someone likes it enough to air it, or at least link to it from the website.

And I can't stress this enough. If we want a shot at the video to be aired on television, this probably needs be done with voice-overs, because there's lots of folks out there who get bored with subtitles really fast.

Unfortunately, I don't have free time for more demo edits right now. But as long as the action scenes are kept simple, and the camera angles set up properly, this really wouldn't be too hard to do. And sadly, I also know nothing of Tek Jansen (didn't even know Colbert had a comic book counterpart until it got brought up here last month). But if there's any other kind of assistance I can give, voices included, I'd be more than happy to help out.

Quinch

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2013, 02:51:00 AM »
Quick suggestion, the ref images I could find for Tek include him packing a pair of fancy boots - the mecha ones fit the bill.

Anyway, here's my collection - not much AR reference, I'm afraid {at least not from my POV - I could make another pass for demos with any other player wielding a rifle, but I'm not sure how useful it would be}.

mikoroshi

• Boss
  • Author, Owner of Dogs
    • My Twitter
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2013, 08:12:32 AM »
If whoever makes this video needs the costume files I made for me and Leandro's "NCSoft Destroyed City of Heroes and the Colbert Supernation" image, send me a PM.
If you see me posting here, you need to tell me to stop it and get back to writing.

kalynnda13

• Minion
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2013, 07:56:13 PM »
OK, I got inspired over lunch. The following is a quick storyboard, where the words would be frames that fade into/over the scene. The [] contains a scene idea. I aimed for lots of tongue in cheek.  I think it would be great to have the words spoken in a deep announcer voice.

He fights for what is Right
   [no idea yet]
He fights for the American Way
   [Tek and Statesman and maybe the Colbert Supernation fighting...something]
Nothing can stop him
Not Fascists
    [Tek fighting 5th Column or Council]
Not Aliens
    [Tek fighting Rikit]
Not Ambulatory Fungus
    [Tek fighting Devouring Earth]
Not even Fem Fatales
    [Ghost Widow, Ice Mistral, other sexy villain females walking (slinking) toward the camera]
...screech sound "backup" - needle off of record sound
Well, um, going on
Not Secret Organizations
    [Tek meeting Malta, getting sapped, dying]
OK, trying this again
Not Secret Organizations
    [Tek kicking Malta butt]
He's Tek Jansen
    [Tek surrounded by good looking females, people looking for autographs?]
And He's ... Gone ??!!!?
    [Tek disappearing]
The entire Colbert SuperNation...Dead??!!
    [SuperNation dead on the ground]
Who could have done this Dastardly Deed?
    [Wonderful NCSoft versus Tek/Colbert Supernation picture]

It probably needs some more words at the end

I hope to finish my preemptive "thank you, Google" video this weekend (or at least get it to the point where I need help putting hundreds of heroes on the steps in Kings Row in front of the police station).  I'll try to capture some Tek fighting video as well.

Now I'm excited!

Samuraiko

• Elite Boss
    • The Wandering Crane
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2013, 09:46:45 PM »
If I can make a recommendation for who should do the voiceover...

If you've ever heard the videos made by Zartain and Plasma Warrior (the "Flash Masterson" series), get Plasma Warrior to do it. Otherwise, I suspect my husband John (who voiced Recluse in my "Incarnate" video) could be persuaded to do it.

Michelle
aka
Samuraiko/Dark_Respite

mikoroshi

• Boss
  • Author, Owner of Dogs
    • My Twitter
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2013, 10:39:37 PM »
I do a pretty good high-pitched old Cockney woman.  If it's needed.
If you see me posting here, you need to tell me to stop it and get back to writing.

Globetrotter

• Boss
  • I am a still Hero and This is what I do!
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2013, 11:17:35 PM »
I speak Dunglish (English with a Dutch accent) if that is helpfull.

Oooh, and my voice is Female :-)
Gutta cavat lapidem, non vi, sed saepe cadendo.

mikoroshi

• Boss
  • Author, Owner of Dogs
    • My Twitter
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2013, 04:24:44 AM »
I should note that I am a man.

Quinch

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2013, 04:33:08 AM »
I can do a Slavic thing, maybe a German accent too, but I don't think there's much need for it.

houtex

• Elite Boss
  • I was the turkey all along! MEE!
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2013, 05:55:44 AM »
Like it!  But... since 'more words' were said... and I kinda had a couple ideas...

---

(Cue slow starting, but heroric music, that will cresendo as we keep going in.  I'm thinking the old Heroes login music myself, by the way, sounds perfect to me, it does that.)
(Cue the slow, deliberatly enunciating, low voiced announcer guy)

[Fade in on Paragon]
The City of Paragon.. City.  In this City, there is a Man.  Well, allright, probably more than one, but we're talking about one particular man...

That man fights for what is Right...
   [Tek stands makes with the victory pose]
He fights alongside like minded others for the American Way...
   [Tek and Statesman and maybe the Colbert Supernation fighting Hellions]
And nothing... NOTHING... can stop him.  Not Fascists...
    [Tek fighting 5th Column]
Nor Aliens...
    [Tek fighting Rikti]
Nor Ambulatory Fungi.
    [Tek fighting Devouring Earth]
Not even Femme Fatales...
    [Ghost Widow, Ice Mistral, other sexy villain females standing about, applauding/cheering Tek as he flexes, the smoovness he is, and this plays real quick: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tH9Y5Wnn4hM&t=54 ]
Well... ok, *maybe* Femme Fatales... Look at them, would you?  But certainly NOT Secret Organizations...
    [Tek meeting Malta Sapper and a Titan, getting sapped, then blowed up real good, as the heroric music resumes]
I *said*, NOT Secret Organizations!
    [Tek kicking Malta butt]
There we go...

He fights for Truthiness.  He fights for Ratings.  He is... *Tek Jansen*, Superhero Extraordinaire!
    [Tek schmoozing with The Femme Fatales again, AND people running up looking for autographs, as we fade out to black for a sec... all the while a bombastic 'tada' sorta music happened...  Maybe the old Windows 3.1 'tada' sound would be retro-perfect. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDUv_8Dw-Mw ]

And He's ... Gone ??!!!?
    [Cut to Tek disappearing a la the "Lost Wand" effect, and Dun Dun DUUUUN music http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bW7Op86ox9g ]
And his SuperNation... MISSING?
    [The SuperNation, in the 'wary' pose, then same Lost Wand effect, or maybe a wormhole or such. Same silly Dun Dun DUUUUN.]

What or who could have done this Dastardly Deed?
    [Green rock of some non-descript nature, but implied as being Kyptonite, and that descending bass sound that sorta goes "Fwoooommm...." that is so cliche these days... can't find one.  Bah, moving on.]

Don't be insulting.
    [Explosion, replaced by Mayan Calender, and another one of those sounds, or similarly exasperating overly-cliched fwoomish sound effect.]

We survived that, so no.
    [Calendar explodes too, to black.. then Jaws starts playing.. or is it? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnY42XX7nSg ]

Wait... WAIT.
No... surely they wouldn't.  It couldn't have been...
    [Wonderful NCSoft versus Tek/Colbert Supernation picture, and Psycho music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TUeUL7EW9M&NR=1&feature=fvwp&t=12s]
THEM?!  (Somebody screams, psycho music still going...)
Yes, them.
They.
Those people.
THEM. (And accompanying scary closure music of some sort, like the slamming closed of something just happened, as we cut to black.)

[Pop Save CoH/AP33 or whatever montage you want, all the while a friendly nonchalant announcer comes on, with music like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeNz7wefw0M&t=1m50s  I don't know what it's called]

YOU, dear citizen, can HELP!  Help save Tek Jansen and the Colbert SuperNation by JOINING the Colbert SuperNation, AND the Movement to Save City of Heroes!  The Movement that Moves you, Moves me, Moves us all!  It's Moving!  It's Mmoving and it will consume you, it will, with it's Movingness Upward, and Forward, and Onward with Moving Movement!  Join the Movement!  Be, BE the movement!  Do it for you.  Do it for them people (but not THEM), but mostly, do it for TEK!!

[Cue legal speed reader, no music]
Void where prohibited, see your dealer for more details, think reponsibly before wearing that outfit, and by all means see a doctor about that.  Not valid in Sectors R or N, or if you're Barry Manilow... oh, Peace Accord, you say?  Well, ok, Barry, c'mon in, but you reddish looking creatures from the 8th dimension, gonna have to say 'no', sorry.

[Only on the screen, a different SaveCoH image, below which is *completely* different 'legal' description, like, oh:]
Don't run with scissors, play nice with your siblings, get your hand out of that cookie jar, you don't know where that jar has been, taxes and fees may apply, no purchase necessary, side effects may include delusions of grandure, some assembly required, tights and cape not included.

[Some sorta jaunty jingle... ooh, the old Desilu music!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeUGAtyMN7A ]
[Screen image of "From TITANCO" or something, just to be weird.]
(and of course, a bombastic voice... or maybe a seductive female voice... speaks)
"From TITANCO!"

[Fade to black when jingle ends.]

---

So... uh... there ya go.  I know, I probably shouldn't've, but... I am Freedom, and you can too!, so I expressed myself.  All credit to kaylinnda, of course, I just wanna help, honest!

« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 06:17:46 AM by houtex »