Author Topic: Are any of the Ultimate Attacks worthwhile?  (Read 2043 times)

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
Are any of the Ultimate Attacks worthwhile?
« on: December 31, 2012, 05:30:33 AM »
I've only gotten one and it is depressingly underwhelming.  Some sort of rather small PBAoE that seems to do very little damage for the amount of energy it costs and the recharge it has.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Kaiser Tarantula

• Elite Boss
  • @Nerva
Re: Are any of the Ultimate Attacks worthwhile?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 05:38:53 AM »
Most "ultimate' attacks really suck.  The only two good ones I've seen are Implosion Engine and Unleashed Rage (and the latter requires you to have an 8-stack of Enraged! to make it good)

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 11:26:48 AM »
Fury of the Dragon or whatever it's called in the martial arts sets is pretty decent if you have lots of focus stacks, I believe. Much like unleashed rage in that regard.

Energy storm in all the elemental sets is pretty terrible from everything I've heard, while Planar Fracture from any of the magic/supernatural sets is kinda meh but still passable. I have it on one character for concept, but I don't use it that often.

Hyperstrike

• Elite Boss
  • SaveCoH!
    • So Super It Hurts
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 10:01:19 AM »
Basically your Ultimate attack isn't normally affected by your stats. 

This means that, the base amount of damage it's doing is relatively huge compared to the base damage of a power like Havoc Stomp.

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2013, 10:06:15 AM »
yeah unleashed rage is cool.

But for one toon, because it fit the concept was the one for the super natural set, a Damage over time. It does so-so damage but it fit perfectly for the toon I have it on.