Author Topic: How to make your own maps.  (Read 86811 times)

batqueen

• Boss
  • [flap flap]
Re: How to make your own maps.
« Reply #100 on: September 16, 2013, 08:40:55 AM »
And question 4...

Why can I not get that model of the shuttle to show up in ICON????

I'm curious too. I wanted it in the NPC menu. You have no idea how hard I tried to get that darn thing to work, lol. I couldn't get it to work in Icon either, but not because I didn't try.

Crimson-Oriole

• Minion
« Reply #101 on: September 23, 2013, 05:50:59 AM »
So, to update the answers to my own questions,

1)  Can any edits only be viewed in a demo or is it possible to load an edited map into ICON if you change the path?

Edited maps and new maps can be loaded into ICON 1.71, however, to do so, you must articulate the path verbatim, like so:

C:\Program Files (x86)\NCSoft\CohBeta\data\maps\newmap.txt

Updates to come as I figure things out :)

Jeff Anderson

• Boss
« Reply #102 on: April 30, 2016, 03:07:16 PM »
I have some developer capacity that could be thrown at putting a UI around creating the custom map files required for Maps. It would be easier if I could work with someone with knowledge from this thread to guide folks in the right direction...

Noyjitat

• Elite Boss
  • Guess who cares?
« Reply #103 on: October 01, 2018, 05:01:22 AM »
Thanks for the tutorial on making maps and im doing quite well figuring it out and getting stuff to work. But what I can't figure out is how you convert an existing official map to a format such as this.

I wanna edit existing maps, add and remove things from them such as warwalls etc.... Maybe even rebuild parts of baumtown. I've seen screenshots here with people placing items and parts of other maps inside places like atlas park and pocketD so it can't be as difficult as I think it is.

slickriptide

• Elite Boss
« Reply #104 on: October 10, 2018, 01:18:18 PM »
Yes, with dev mode enabled and firing up the map editor in a demo playback, most stuff doesn't work, but one thing that does is the "clientsave" functionality. That will save a map into text form.

There's your most likely answer, though I'm no demoedit ninja. I'm not sure how you'd issue keyboard commands inside a demo. It might be interesting to see if you can do it in Icon.

Or, I suppose you could just demorecord yourself issuing the commands, heh.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 02:01:37 PM by slickriptide »

Noyjitat

• Elite Boss
  • Guess who cares?
« Reply #105 on: October 11, 2018, 01:34:33 AM »
Yeah I already tried that after reading his post before I even posted here. The command doesn't appear to do anything or I don't know what you're supposed to add to the command for it to function properly. Tried file names, file location etc.

slickriptide

• Elite Boss

Noyjitat

• Elite Boss
  • Guess who cares?
« Reply #107 on: October 24, 2018, 12:35:01 AM »
Go here: https://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php?topic=10956.msg228551#msg228551

That worked thanks, don't suppose you know how to make parts of the map visible that normally can't be seen without using f4? im making a cave map using the eden trial tube parts and those are invisible without using f4. This is a very annoying problem....

It's a custom map from scratch with those parts added to it and I can only see them with f4 map markers enabled.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 02:30:14 AM by Noyjitat »

Noyjitat

• Elite Boss
  • Guess who cares?
« Reply #108 on: November 29, 2018, 01:20:40 AM »
So can we add static npcs to the map but with our own costumes already loaded on them or would this require somehow replacing files like villaincostume with modifications added to them. I'd like to add some of my characters permanently to a map instead of loading them manually everytime in icon.