Author Topic: Aftershock  (Read 2198 times)

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
Aftershock
« on: January 01, 2013, 03:24:51 PM »
I spent a couple hours last night doing the Aftershock Adventure Pack.

There were parts that got rather tedious solo, but on the whole I thought it was a pretty fun arc.

At the end, you get to team with the entire Champions Team. Ironclad is hardcore! :D

I think if you're looking for some teaming content, this would be something to give a try.

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
Re: Aftershock
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 03:27:56 PM »
At the end, you get to team with the entire Champions Team. Ironclad is hardcore! :D

I think if you're looking for some teaming content, this would be something to give a try.

Right before that you get to beat the snot out of several of them, too. Which is always fun.

And having done it in a team I can say: Don't do that at low levels, with one team member suffering from crippling lag and another playing a Grimoire, which is a pretty terrible AT at low levels. It suuuucked.

Lily Barclay

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 03:36:40 PM »
I like all of the action packs I have tried. Feels like the CO equivalent to a TF. Seems like they go better with a largish team, though.

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 07:53:53 PM »
yeah that is a fun action pack thing. It feels to me like the CO equivalent of a TF but in CO I can solo it easily. Click and go and enjoy. Havent tried it with a team but I heard it gets pretty "interesting". I plan on running it again later today about 6pm mountain time. 

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2013, 10:59:05 PM »
It does indeed get pretty interesting, due to the team size scaling being pretty wonky. Unlike most other content in Champions, Adventure Packs and Comic Series both scale mobs to team size. But the scaling is way more than CoH. Like in CoH you went from 3 mobs to 5-6 mobs for two players. In Champions you get 7 or 8, and it only gets worse from there. What you get for 5 players is roughly equivalent to what CoH would throw at a full team of 8.

Hyperstrike

• Elite Boss
  • SaveCoH!
    • So Super It Hurts
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2013, 07:29:57 AM »
Yeah.  Team scaling in CO is rather...punitive.  But there's some content you just plain CAN'T complete without a team.