Author Topic: Champions Online at level 6  (Read 8512 times)

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
Re: Champions Online at level 6
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2013, 01:49:42 PM »
Ingame documentation is scant, and if it's a "maintain" shouldn't it describe somewhere how to use this?

It shouldn't really need to.  It should become obvious pretty quickly when using it that it only lasts as long as you hold in the button.  Now, if you were using Power Armor abilities, many of those are toggles and you may not have noticed you can toggle them off.  The neat thing about those is that you can potentially toggle on multiple attacks simultaneously.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

SARobb

• Boss
  • Rawr.
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2013, 04:36:48 PM »
Now, if you were using Power Armor abilities, many of those are toggles and you may not have noticed you can toggle them off.  The neat thing about those is that you can potentially toggle on multiple attacks simultaneously.

IIRC, Power Armor abilities are some of the few toggles you can have multiple running at the same time. Which makes them fairly powerful... but using Power Armor as a set vexes me...so don't quote me on that.
Stand up for what you beleive in - even if you are standing alone

Kaiser Tarantula

• Elite Boss
  • @Nerva
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2013, 07:28:23 PM »
Ingame documentation is scant, and if it's a "maintain" shouldn't it describe somewhere how to use this?
If you're level 6, you're outside the tutorial zone and into Millenium City proper.

One of the first missions you get is to go to the powerhouse (y'know that enormous, gear-shaped teleportation gate that's impossible to miss, where the trainers are so you can level up), and watch several videos, one of which explains the difference between Charges, Maintains, and Clicks.  Hell, it even demonstrates.

The documentation is there, you either didn't read your mission objectives, or you outright ignored them so you could complain.

Lily Barclay

• Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2013, 03:20:43 PM »
I didn't skip all the explanation, but I did think the movie cinema was a PvP thing.

It wasn't. There's four of them. They will tell you how to play the game. My eleven year old can play because she watched them.

Lily Barclay

• Elite Boss
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2013, 03:27:28 PM »
I was level 6, it said it was level six, but the reticle was red. It didn't make sense to me, inconsistent.

The reticle stays red if it is an enemy, but the text color of their name changes. Also as someone said, the enemy level is right by its portrait and very easy to see. Just need to look and not expect it to be exactly the same as CoH because it's a different game. Go look at SWtOR and then tell me how you can't tell what level the enemies are. Champions is pretty obvious about it compared to other games.