Author Topic: Status Update (January 1)  (Read 27898 times)

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
Status Update (January 1)
« on: January 02, 2013, 02:24:02 AM »
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 03:23:40 AM by TonyV »

Golden Girl

• One Liners and Winky Faces
  • Elite Boss
    • Heroes and Villains
Re: Status Update (January 1)
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 02:37:28 AM »
Just a quick correction - unfortunately, Fire Man is no longer at Trion - he was one of the layoffs when they downsized at the end of last year.
"Heroes and Villains" website - http://www.heroes-and-villains.com
"Heroes and Villains" on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/HeroesAndVillainsMMORPG
"Heroes and Villains" on Twitter - https://twitter.com/Plan_Z_Studios
"Heroes and Villains" teaser trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnjKqNPfFv8
Artwork - http://goldengirlcoh.deviantart.com

blackjak

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 02:42:05 AM »
Thank you for the dev listing. Glad so many have found places to land on their feet.
Virtue: Moonsun, Dynamo Jr., Crimson Fury, Sabre Kat, Double Sixxes, Quantum Stranger, Mystic Kirin, Pink.Eye Champion: Blackjak, Redwing Blackbird Justice: Shield Marshal Guardian: White Talon Triumph: Gosuto Union: Stellar Girl

Perfidus

• Elite Boss
  • "I, ah.. understand."
    • My arts.
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 02:42:29 AM »
Thanks for the update.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 04:08:36 AM »
Thank you, Tony. I know I had seen a few of the job updates, but not all of them. I'm glad that A) so many are finding work and B) someone is keeping a spreadsheet. :)

Been keeping half an eye on Twitter for the ones I have handles for, and Posi seems to have taken the family to Orlando for New Years. (That sounds stalkery...) Having made that trip as a kid, I can say first-hand that it would certainly be the kind of end to the year someone in his position needs, particularly to recharge the batteries in prep for hitting the ground running in the coming year.

Here's to the new year! :)
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

NecrotechMaster

• Elite Boss
  • is there a badge for that?
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2013, 04:59:41 AM »
it sounds like things are still progressing which is a sign of hope IMO

this is still one of those "hurry up and wait' things where we just got to keep going even though its glacially slow

WildFire15

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2013, 11:39:36 AM »
Looks like Paragon staff were snatched up by some pretty high up studios. Kinda shows that NCsoft really didn't have a clue what they had

beveri8469

• Boss
  • still inside atlas park hospital waiting to leave
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2013, 12:06:14 PM »
ncsoft should have appreaciated the PS since they were some awesome talented people.
@Eternal Twilight
Now in Paragon

blackjak

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2013, 12:31:28 PM »
I was thinking this morning; it will be interesting to see what the talented people who worked on COX can do with a decent budget and advertising. Perhaps COH has heroically given it 's life to save the gaming world...
Virtue: Moonsun, Dynamo Jr., Crimson Fury, Sabre Kat, Double Sixxes, Quantum Stranger, Mystic Kirin, Pink.Eye Champion: Blackjak, Redwing Blackbird Justice: Shield Marshal Guardian: White Talon Triumph: Gosuto Union: Stellar Girl

DJMoose

• Missing His Jeep
  • Boss
  • To believe in the heroic makes heroes.
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2013, 02:32:12 PM »
Thanks for the update, Tony!
Serkana The Wise
Primal Praetorian

psicotic

• Underling
    • Psicotic
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2013, 02:43:10 PM »
And now i just want thanks to Tony V for the update happy new year my friend! and i have some doubts or questions.

If CoH rise from the hand of a new publisher, then what happend with the other protects?(i mean all in the Plan Z). They stop? become a new ones? they merge together, or we going to have many clones of our beloved game?

Note. i dont troll and those who know me know i never doit, is just a bunch of things going on my head at the moment and dosent matters what become to the end all you guys have my best wishes on the success of every project!

sorry for the bad english i try to made my point or questions the best i can.

A great HUG for all you.
Yours
Psicotic.
I wear a mask. And that mask, it's not to hide who I am, but to create what I am.

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2013, 03:34:55 PM »
If CoH rise from the hand of a new publisher, then what happend with the other protects?(i mean all in the Plan Z). They stop? become a new ones? they merge together, or we going to have many clones of our beloved game?

At this point, both teams have been working on their respective projects for months.  I can't really speak for them, but I think they would go ahead and diligently try to follow through on their respective projects.

Omega Mark V

• Boss
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2013, 04:12:03 PM »
If anything, the fall of City of Heroes/Villains should give rise to many more Super Hero games and MMOs.

But we all want our City back. I know I do.

Thanks for the update, Tony. Best hopes to the Hail Mary team with Disney and Google.
- Omega Mk. V

Tivomaniac

• Minion
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2013, 04:17:00 PM »
Thanks for the update and keep up the great work everyone!
--
You may know me as @PricklyDarkness from Triumph

downix

• Phoenix Project Technical Lead
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2013, 05:36:28 PM »
And now i just want thanks to Tony V for the update happy new year my friend! and i have some doubts or questions.

The ultimate Architect Entertainment setup ever!!!

FourSpeed

• Lieutenant
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2013, 07:41:58 PM »
Happy New Year all!  :D

Thanks for the update Tony - some interesting tidbits in there.

Regards,

Nafaustu

• Boss
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2013, 07:42:59 PM »
I was thinking this morning; it will be interesting to see what the talented people who worked on COX can do with a decent budget and advertising. Perhaps COH has heroically given it 's life to save the gaming world...

I've been toying with that mentally as my assigned silver lining.   Good to see i'm not the only one who thought it.   :)

Happy New Years Everyone. :)

srmalloy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2013, 09:48:23 PM »
Looks like Paragon staff were snatched up by some pretty high up studios. Kinda shows that NCsoft really didn't have a clue what they had

In my experience, most upper management fails to recognize the distinction between a coder and a programmer; the former can produce code when presented with a detailed specification of what the code does and what its inputs and outputs are to be, while the latter is able to take "We want to have code that will do this" and figure out how to turn a general description into a fleshed-out and functional piece of code without having to have everything already spelled out for him, and is further able to take "wouldn't it be cool if we could do this?" and make it work.

Minotaur

• Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2013, 10:11:17 PM »
In my experience, most upper management fails to recognize the distinction between a coder and a programmer; the former can produce code when presented with a detailed specification of what the code does and what its inputs and outputs are to be, while the latter is able to take "We want to have code that will do this" and figure out how to turn a general description into a fleshed-out and functional piece of code without having to have everything already spelled out for him, and is further able to take "wouldn't it be cool if we could do this?" and make it work.

This is on the money, I was very much a programmer and got bored and disenchanted when told to become a coder, so switched to another area of work.

downix

• Phoenix Project Technical Lead
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2013, 10:21:09 PM »
And what do you classify someone who can take overall descriptions and turn them into the specifications for coders?

(my coding skills are not the best, but I can break things down to let coders do their jobs)