Author Topic: Zynga players as allies?  (Read 3884 times)

CrimsonCapacitor

• Captain of the Hard Ship
  • Boss
Zynga players as allies?
« on: January 02, 2013, 12:35:29 PM »
A lot of the folks suffering the loss of their games via Zynga's closing them down are in similar spaces to where we are:  Lots of time spent, emotional attachment to our toons, etc.

Perhaps they're possible allies?

http://money.cnn.com/2012/12/31/technology/social/zynga-games/

Beware the mighty faceplant!

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
Re: Zynga players as allies?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 02:13:16 PM »
Rae's already on it!  I alerted her to this story: 

http://www.sfgate.com/technology/article/Zynga-puts-PetVille-out-of-its-misery-4160242.php#ixzz2Gn9CwDpL

Which has a tragically familiar ring to it.  Except that PetVille had a million subscribers...it baffles me how they can call that "underperforming."
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

CrimsonCapacitor

• Boss
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 04:40:09 PM »
VV, does your powerset include super speed, by any chance?   ;D

Thanks!

therain93

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 06:14:02 PM »
Rae's already on it!  I alerted her to this story: 

http://www.sfgate.com/technology/article/Zynga-puts-PetVille-out-of-its-misery-4160242.php#ixzz2Gn9CwDpL

Which has a tragically familiar ring to it.  Except that PetVille had a million subscribers...it baffles me how they can call that "underperforming."
Well, if they have to pay fees to Facebook as the publishing platform and they're not bringing in enough revenues....then that could turn into a serious underperformance issue.  Zynga and Facebook revamped their agreement such that there's no more promotion to Zynga's dedicated website.  Also, "In recent quarters, fees from Zynga contributed 15 percent of Facebook's total revenues, while Zynga relies on Facebook for roughly 80 percent of its revenue." Ouch.

Source: http://news.yahoo.com/facebook-zynga-revamp-partnership-005839296--sector.html

Be wary of who you hitch our wagons with.
@Texarkana - March 5, 2004 - December 1, 2012 -- Imageshack |-| Youtube
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You don't know what it's like.... |-| Book One. Chapter one...

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2013, 02:16:14 AM »
VV, does your powerset include super speed, by any chance?   ;D

Thanks!

The powerset seems to include "Police Band Radio" or something similar.  People are sending me links as soon as they see them.  Does that make me an MM?
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

CrimsonCapacitor

• Boss
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2013, 04:04:25 AM »
Possibly.  Maybe "thugs," as that sounds like a google-search based gang war type of power...

Kuriositys Kat

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2013, 11:38:17 AM »
Possibly.  Maybe "thugs," as that sounds like a google-search based gang war type of power...

Or possibly Mercs, the lady does have a Bolo....
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, and somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do!" - The Doctor

Mister Bison

• Elite Boss
  • *psychotic grin*
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2013, 10:09:18 PM »
At least the secondary is Poison. Because statistically, only tender old ladies can make this kind of soup that revigorates so quite much that they bring you back from the dead.
Yeeessss....