Author Topic: CO  (Read 3693 times)

Madadh

• Minion
CO
« on: January 05, 2013, 01:16:57 PM »
Been playing CO.  Love teh cool travels.  Sad you can only take one tavel prior to lvl 30..

Really don't like that your Origin is welded to your power set, even more so than CoHs seemed at times...

I took Radiant, and was forced to be Magical, whatever I wanted to be...  Wish light could just be light aka radiant energy..

Mostly, it's a gear game.  And I lost interest about lvl 20ish, but I loved being able to yak with my SG mates...  So, I'd call it worthwhile but only on account of keeping in touch with my old CoH mates..  But only just...

I love so many bits that should have been welded into CoH.  If that had happened.  OMG.....
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 01:36:48 PM by Madadh »

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
Re: CO
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 02:17:00 PM »
Note that CO, due to it's following, has it's own child board off of this one.  It's not being ignored here.
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 09:41:43 PM »
I've actually just downgraded to Silver. I played it at Gold for a month and liked it, but i want to go back to Silver for a bit to see the contrast. I may even go back to Gold by the end of January. We'll see.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Lily Barclay

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013, 01:56:29 AM »
I upgraded to gold this month. I like it better.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 09:33:25 PM by Lily Barclay »

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2013, 08:10:29 PM »
I'm posting this here, because this is where this type of discussion was last held.

First, I'm confused by "upgraded to silver." Were you being ironic, or was it a misprint?

Second, at two days past "cancelling" Gold and a day past when it would have timed out, I was still able to access all of my Gold content. I was kind of looking forward to playing one of my Silver characters, but I don't want to "upgrade" him if the processing just hasn't caught up. I have not logged on, today, but I guess i can report after Tanker Tuesday, tonight.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2013, 08:34:23 PM »
It seems to me that Origin is wholly descriptive.  You could potentially be a power armor character and take radiant sorcery powers.  You can take all the power armor abilities and go with the Magic skill for resource gathering and crafting.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Lily Barclay

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2013, 09:32:45 PM »
I'm posting this here, because this is where this type of discussion was last held.

First, I'm confused by "upgraded to silver." Were you being ironic, or was it a misprint?

Second, at two days past "cancelling" Gold and a day past when it would have timed out, I was still able to access all of my Gold content. I was kind of looking forward to playing one of my Silver characters, but I don't want to "upgrade" him if the processing just hasn't caught up. I have not logged on, today, but I guess i can report after Tanker Tuesday, tonight.

I meant gold, sorry. Will edit it in a sec. I'm locked out of my silver toon because I haven't converted him to gold yet. Not sure what is going on with your account. Is your subscription period up for sure?

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2013, 01:25:40 AM »
Yep. It was up on the 7th. I just logged in for Tanker Tuesday, and it had reverted. I guess it was just a delay in their processing.

Omega Mark V

• Boss
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2013, 02:31:42 AM »
*Sigh* I really don't want to play the game again, but this thread is making me want to.

I stuck 200$ into the game as a 'lifetime sub,' and then it went F2P, and now to Perfect World Entertainment.

Is the game any better than it was starting out way back when? If not, I'll pass.
- Omega Mk. V

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2013, 05:06:27 AM »
Is the game any better than it was starting out way back when? If not, I'll pass.

I ended up quitting the game a couple of months after launch because there were certain things about it that I didn't like - most notably that I felt forced to take Regeneration in order to have a character that was survivable, and then that was nerfed and everything felt too fragile.  When I was "forced" to try it again after CoH was announced to be shutting down I found that the issues I had with it had largely gone away (indeed, some of the Offensive and Support slotted passives even seem viable to me now).  But my issues and tastes don't necessarily mirror your own. 

I believe there is additional content now (other than the adventure pack things).  Vibora Bay is new, I think, and there are at least three versions of it I've seen thus far.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2013, 02:53:26 AM »
Vibora Bay and Monster Island are probably my two favorite zones in Champions Online.

Lily Barclay

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2013, 05:40:00 PM »
Vibora Bay and Monster Island are probably my two favorite zones in Champions Online.

Same. Vibora Bay is ranked way higher for me, though.

Hyperstrike

• Elite Boss
  • SaveCoH!
    • So Super It Hurts
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2013, 02:54:19 PM »
Is the game "better" than when it launched?

Yes.

Does the game still have problems?

Oh dear GOD yes!

The UI is unintuitive.  (Note: The UI can be learned, and isn't terribly difficult.  But it's not something you easily pick up.)
Teaming in the game SUCKS due to the way zone access and mission levels are HARD CODED at single levels (Basically a L15 mission is a L15 mission.  Not L10-15.  Not 14-15.  Not 15-16.  Running Tanker Tuesday has made me ESPECIALLY sensitive to how bad teaming blows.
Bugs abound.
The difficulty system is stupid.  Instead of allowing players to add challenge to missions they've outleveled, it just sits there and goes from ridiculously easy (normal) to death-fest (hard) to "Christ!  Are you a masochist or what?"

The game is still severely content limited though.
There's not a hell of a lot more story content in the game now than when they launched.
You have a few comic series.
Some revamped zones.
And Vibora Bay.
Most of the added content recently consists of Alert missions.  Basically think "Radios with slightly better rewards."

If given a choice between no superhero MMO and CO, it'd be a close call but I'd probably pick CO (I have a lifetime account, so the game gets a bit more leeway).
But, once Neverwinter launches, if they don't put some SERIOUS effort into fixing and expanding the game, I will not, in good conscience, be able to recommend it to anyone else.

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2013, 12:02:58 AM »
I had to leave.  I got two characters to 34, and then just got bored.  No teaming, no major updates (in the same amount of time that CoH was due to add at least a dozen new powersets and mission arcs), a majority of outdoor "collect X items" or "kill x of this type of enemy" missions, and characters that managed to all feel the same (mish-mashes of technology, magic, and natural skills all thrown together) were bad enough, but it was a frame rate that was often measured in seconds-per-frame rather than frames-per-second (especially on my pseudo-Mastermind) that sealed the deal.