Author Topic: Attention: Adobe is giving away their Creative Suite 2 for free.  (Read 8345 times)

Leandro

• Elite Boss
For any of you who edit videos and are stuck using Movie Maker or some other severely limited video editing software, I strongly recommend that you download Premiere Pro. It's an older version (the current one is CS6) but it's still WAY better than any other software you can get for free. You might need to watch some tutorials online to get the hang of it, but once you do, it's very easy to work with it and make awesome things.

Go to this page to download the programs:

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/entitlement/index.cfm?pid=4485850&e=cs2%5Fdownloads

The only catch is that you have to create an Adobe Account in order to log in. But you don't need to give them your real name or email address; use http://mailinator.com/ to give them a fake email address and you can start downloading without worrying about future spam.

Note: the site might be slow/temporarily down because they're getting hammered with requests.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 04:53:12 PM by Leandro »

therain93

• Elite Boss
Re: Attention: Adobe is giving away their Creative Suite 2 for free.
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 04:37:11 PM »
Awesome, thank you for sharing!
@Texarkana - March 5, 2004 - December 1, 2012 -- Imageshack |-| Youtube
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You don't know what it's like.... |-| Book One. Chapter one...

Leandro

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 04:56:07 PM »
The Adobe page is getting hammered with requests and is temporarily down, so here's a mirror:

http://www.agrupacionamigos.com.ar/adobecs2.html
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 08:26:38 PM by Leandro »

Tiger

• Underling
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 06:09:53 PM »
The Adobe page is getting hammered with requests and is temporarily down, so here's a mirror:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1avSv5eNV-bHz0P5oEFO6mPQ-vOW5GWAfEi1Ts8MpJCg/preview?sle=true
I imagine that you, Leandro use software like that in making some of your videos? This should probably be in a PM, but briefly, what are the main types of different software used say, to create official COH videos. For example:
1. Use program X for doing this task
2. Use program Y for doing this .....
The Adobe website greatly confuses me, as to what each product can and cannot do.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 06:24:30 PM »

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1avSv5eNV-bHz0P5oEFO6mPQ-vOW5GWAfEi1Ts8MpJCg/preview?sle=true
Page not found. :(
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Samuraiko

• Honorary Paragon Dev and
  • Elite Boss
  • EVERYONE LOOK AWESOME - I'M FILMING!
    • The Wandering Crane
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2013, 06:43:25 PM »
I imagine that you, Leandro use software like that in making some of your videos? This should probably be in a PM, but briefly, what are the main types of different software used say, to create official COH videos. For example:
The Adobe website greatly confuses me, as to what each product can and cannot do.

The most important ones:

Adobe Illustrator - used to create vector graphics. Most often used by artists.
Adobe PhotoShop - picture manipulation. Changing colors, adding weird effects, etc. Great fun to play around with.
Adobe Premiere - video editing. You import video files into it, and you can crop them, string them together, add music, etc.

Those are the big three involved with making videos, in my experience (I own CS 5 and use all three).

Michelle
aka
Samuraiko/Dark_Respite
The game may be gone, but the videos are still here...
http://www.youtube.com/samuraiko
http://cohtube.blogspot.com

Leandro

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2013, 08:28:04 PM »

For me, personally:

- Audition for audio editing.
- Premiere Pro for video editing.

I don't use the rest of their suite, but that's just because I have a bunch of small programs that I'm more used to. But for creative types, you can't go wrong downloading the whole thing.

Also, I changed the mirror because that Google Docs link stopped working: http://www.agrupacionamigos.com.ar/adobecs2.html

Mister Bison

• Elite Boss
  • *psychotic grin*
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2013, 08:38:25 PM »
What, a better tool to do video montage better than PowerPoint, really ? I must try this !
Yeeessss....

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2013, 08:42:22 PM »
Also, I changed the mirror because that Google Docs link stopped working: http://www.agrupacionamigos.com.ar/adobecs2.html
*grabby hands* Yay!!
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2013, 02:21:25 AM »
Ack, I wonder if this means I can't use my Premiere 2 serial for an upgrade anymore.

Anyway, yeah. Premiere rocks. It's got some glitches but it's way more stable than Sony Vegas, and less confusing.

Merseine

• Boss
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2013, 02:52:29 AM »
/em holdtorch

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2013, 03:05:45 AM »
Nope. This isn't a thing.  Sorry.

http://indesignsecrets.com/adobe-is-not-giving-away-cs2.php

And this means what exactly, that Adobe is giving out illegal serial numbers? This doesn't make any sense.

Whoever came up with this idea is a complete fool. Why give out serial numbers at all to people who don't own those programs?

Leandro

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2013, 03:29:13 AM »
Whoever came up with this idea is a complete fool. Why give out serial numbers at all to people who don't own those programs?

That indeed makes no sense. I made a new Adobe account that never has bought any CS2 software at all, yet I'm presented with a page to download the titles and the serial number to use. That page is still working, even after being brought down with demand earlier today, and it doesn't say anything about requiring an existing license in order to download anything. You'd think they would at least put a warning on top of the page after all the attention it got today.

Waiting for an official Adobe announcement on this.

Bliz

• Boss
    • StudioBliz
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2013, 05:49:12 AM »
Well Adobe changed its mind again; CS2 is indeed free. Download away!
Liz

My City of Heroes shirts and stuff on RedBubble:
https://www.redbubble.com/people/bliz/collections/261901-city-of-heroes

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2013, 07:38:16 AM »
I've been downloading files since about 8:40 EST and it looks like I still have approximately 2 hours to go.  Those servers must be screaming in agony.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Leandro

• Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2013, 07:43:15 AM »
An update on the "did they or didn't they" bit. Adobe has now placed the downloads on this page, that does not require an Adobe account login: http://www.adobe.com/downloads/cs2_downloads/index.html

I don't see an official announcement about releasing the software for free, but if you Google for "Adobe CS2", that page is the third result. The serial numbers even show up in the search result snippet. There's nothing from Adobe saying those downloads are anything but what they appear: free downloads of CS2 suite with a legitimate serial number, available to anybody.

Turboski

• Underling
    • new deviantart page
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2013, 07:48:28 AM »
This makes sense.  There is quite justifiable difference between the photoshop and illustrator at least to justify buying them still if you are serious about using them on a professional level.  I have CS6 and I can't even fathom going back to CS5 with all the quality of life improvements and new features made in CS6. 

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2013, 07:51:41 AM »
This makes sense.  There is quite justifiable difference between the photoshop and illustrator at least to justify buying them still if you are serious about using them on a professional level.  I have CS6 and I can't even fathom going back to CS5 with all the quality of life improvements and new features made in CS6.

However... and maybe it's because I just never ventured FAR ENOUGH into the future... Photoshop 7 is still my favorite version.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2013, 07:59:16 AM »
However... and maybe it's because I just never ventured FAR ENOUGH into the future... Photoshop 7 is still my favorite version.
I was using PS7 all the way up to this morning (cropping a pic to post to facebook) until I downloaded CS2 this morning. :D

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Turboski

• Underling
    • new deviantart page
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2013, 08:00:08 AM »
Man I used Photoshop 7 for 8 years before trying CS5 for a long while at my college.  I eventually just decided to buy CS6 flat out when I bought a new computer.  It was absolutely frustrating last year to be working on school projects on CS5 at school and CS6 at home, because of all the QoL features I was used to.