Author Topic: Apparently there is NO customer support at CO  (Read 2320 times)

0nehanklap

• Lieutenant
Apparently there is NO customer support at CO
« on: January 10, 2013, 06:36:22 PM »
It's definitely not the CoH team.  Day 3 and no word, no response to a request for billing support.

I had subscribed to the game at a special rate, $30 for 3 month - recurring.  2+ days ago the 'recurring' subscription was inexplicably not renewed.  The website does not have an option for me to restart the subscription unless I subscribe at the  'normal' rate (which is why I paid for a recurring subscription originally).  This means that I now have 2 pages of Gold-class freeform characters with lots of purchased enhancements and a few thousand zen, and I'm unable to access any of it without resubbing at the higher rate.

Apparently the only way to contact billing is through email ticket, effectively isolating them from complaint, but in the 3rd day of waiting to hear from them, count this customer as unhappy.

Little Green Frog

• Boss
  • @Little Green Frog
Re: Apparently there is NO customer support at CO
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 06:40:35 PM »
Hm, try checking your spam folder maybe? Or try issuing another ticket. I dealt with their customer support 3 or 4 weeks ago and their response was pretty quick. Took them a few hours if I recall correctly.

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 06:50:24 PM »
yeah, still no reply from them about an issue I have from way back in early Nov. and another one mid Oct. 

I thought maybe it was me but after some digging, it doesnt seem to be uncommon.

Starsman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 09:14:12 PM »
For the sake of the community: please stop the cultural "research" in your attempt to put blame on the game's cancelation.

It's sickening to see the community sink that low. It's worse to see the community does not get it.

I'm signing off and taking a break, blindly hope things change.

0nehanklap

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 04:04:32 AM »
Just got a reply from billing - finally.   They claim that the billing information was incorrect and not accepted.
It is the same billing information I entered to purchase the subscription, it has not changed, and it is acceptable to the system for me to purchase Zen.  The only thing that has changed is them linking the account to PWE.

This could be cleared up in 10 minutes if they did not isolate themselves from their customer base by providing no alternative contact method.  Instead, I have to send an email & wait 3 days without acknowledgement, then get an un-researched answer to which I have to respond & wait another 3-4 business days in the dark. 

Meanwhile, I have no access to the product I was overspending on - and am losing interest in spending any more there.
I guess Silver is free & if they are happy with unhappy customers I'll have to be content to be discontent.

Keen

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2013, 03:36:03 PM »
This is Perfect World's fault. In my experience, the same lack of customer support apparently affects all their games, and not only with billing issues.

It doesn't seem to matter if you're a paying customer. I spent a time as a silver member in Star Trek Online (also a PW game), but after some time, I became a Lifetime Subscriber.
In both situations I had to contact CS a few times and it happened exactly as you said. Unfortunately for me, NONE of my issues were resolved, I was basically told to suck it up.

Not a native English speaker.
But I'll let you point and laugh at my typos so I can fix them. :)

0nehanklap

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2013, 12:33:24 AM »
Yeah, that was their eventual reply - "we are sorry for the inconvenience" but they said they could not re-apply the special offer price to only one account.  Problem is, that's not an "inconvenience", its fraudulent business practice, and it costs me money, or them a customer.  I have not yet decided whether to just bite my lip & play until something else catches my eye, or move on now.