Author Topic: What would you do if...?  (Read 9358 times)

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
Re: What would you do if...?
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2013, 02:35:04 PM »
I would play but understand it would truly be the beginning of the end. Many people do not trsut NCSoft to support ANY game now.

I am one of them - I have seen their idea of loyal and it doesn't match my idea.

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2013, 11:49:29 AM »
After shrieking, crying, jumping around and crying some more I'd get back into the game in a heartbeat. Both accounts....probably pull an all-nighter.
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Kistulot

• Elite Boss
  • Argentum Weritas Est!
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2013, 12:44:21 PM »
I'd fly.

And anyone who says they wouldn't at least log in is deluding themselves.

You'll believe a mass of polygons with a wiggly physics object can fly! Because it does. Like superheroes. With a cape. See. Get it. It's like the Christopher Reeves Superman movie.

I'll be in my corner.
Woo! - Argent Girl

Kaiser Tarantula

• Elite Boss
  • @Nerva
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2013, 09:33:35 PM »
If the game reopened, I'd be back on.  I have plans to enact, minions to bully, heroes to sneer at, and worlds to conquer!

That said, I wouldn't return without a hefty cinderblock of skepticism on my shoulder.  NCsoft would have to do a lot, and I do mean a lot to convince me that their change of opinion is sincere.  Still, I'd give them the opportunity to convince me, at least.

I'm mostly with VV on this - they'd have to make sincere efforts to put Paragon Studios back together and provide them with a buyout option in the contract, should a shutdown ever be announced in the future.  I would also insist upon plain and forthright communication as to why the change of heart occurred.  I don't have a lot of faith in humanity ('cept for you guys here at Titan; you're alright in my book), and before I'd deign to spend any money on the resurrected game, I'd have to know that my purchase would have lasting value.  I'd have to be convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt that the game hasn't just been reopened only to be shut down again a month or three later.

Kuriositys Kat

• Lieutenant
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2013, 09:57:06 PM »
I am with VV and Kaiser  Tarantula on this one.

I would watch NCsoft very carefully and by  St Vidicon of the Cathode they had better make it right to us and the Devs.  I want them to have true buyout clauses for the studio, not the grief they put the Devs and us through. Contingency plans for a proper sunset with full release of the IP if a sunset needs to happen. Frankly I would trust the Prince of Lies to tell me a truth before I trusted NCsoft.
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, and somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do!" - The Doctor

Optimus Dex

• Boss
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2013, 01:22:08 AM »
I'm in the I would play in a heartbeat if camp. If they at least try to expalin why this happened , if they reform Paragon with as many as they could reaquire,if they would allow a buyout claose. But they would have to prove themselves before I invest anythjing more than 2 subs in the game. Do I think any of this is likely- No.

Blue Pulsar

• Boss
  • Epic Mediocrity
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2013, 11:36:50 PM »
It could be a profitable opportunity for them to go that route. It would be quite a media story to have the doors open once again. Get the publicity they never cared to invest in and possibly earn more new costumers.

I totally agree with you. I think it may turn their stigma as a company that couldn't care less for their players into a reputation for listening to the players and giving them what they want. Most people who know the name NCSoft as a company can relate to a company that craps on games and players for little to no reason in the public eye. They could do this and it would be good for them in every way. I keep praying that someone in NCSoft with power wakes up and realizes this.
Blue Pulsar - 50 nrg/kin def - first toon - Liberty
Bane of Lanur - 52 nec/dark MM - Main vill - Liberty
Destan H. - 53 SS/FA brute - Farm/PvP hybrid - Freedom
Destan's Fury - 53 StJ/Regen brute - PvPer - Freedom
Destan's Shadow Gang - 53 Thug/Dark MM - PvPer - Freedom

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2013, 01:33:13 AM »
When we discovered that he was played by Sir Patrick Stewart, who is also now the new majority shareholder and acting CEO of NCSoft, I think we'd probably start playing again. After all, clearly some sort of radioactive awesome bug has bitten the universe to create such a change.
I like your imagination, Segev, and the chuckle I got just thinking of Patrick Stewart in Jean-Luc Picard mode leading NCSoft!!  Thanks for the smile!!   8)
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2013, 10:39:38 PM »
I like your imagination, Segev, and the chuckle I got just thinking of Patrick Stewart in Jean-Luc Picard mode leading NCSoft!!  Thanks for the smile!!   8)
"Make it so!"

(You're quite welcome.)

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2013, 08:51:58 AM »
"Make it so!"

(You're quite welcome.)

ROFL!!!  Now I'm thinking of a City of Heroes holodeck with Star Trek:TNG theme music playing! 
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

Technerdoc

• Lieutenant
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2013, 10:45:44 AM »
This is not going to happen. We will never hear a single word again from NC-Soft and City of Heroes, this chapter is finnished for them and for me it's too. I don't want to play anyone from their games again in my life...

Quinch

« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2013, 03:43:43 PM »
Maybe. Maybe not. Enough of a chance for a maybe not not to give up hope. Personally speaking, anyway.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2013, 04:34:25 AM »
This is not going to happen. We will never hear a single word again from NC-Soft and City of Heroes, this chapter is finnished for them and for me it's too. I don't want to play anyone from their games again in my life...

I'm 62, and the number of times I have said "never" only to be proven dead wrong far outnumbers the times I have been proven right. 

So out of curiosity, if that is how you feel, just why are you here?  I suggest you find something more productive to do than just sit there in a pool of negativity.  A forum for another game, perhaps.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

RavenLenore13

• Underling
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2013, 04:55:12 AM »
I'd play. But I don't know if I'd want to give them my money again. So, I'd free play & keep myself at an emotional distance until they proved them selves worthy of my care & dollars...

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2013, 05:15:39 AM »

So out of curiosity, if that is how you feel, just why are you here?  I suggest you find something more productive to do than just sit there in a pool of negativity.  A forum for another game, perhaps.

Talk to old friends maybe?

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2013, 09:08:55 AM »
I would just play the game.  I would know NCSoft was full of it,  I would know they are just doing it for face value, and I know they would just be waiting for a better time to shut it down.

But until then I would just play.  That is what is so great about CoH.  The ability to get on, and just play.

Edit:GRAMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 09:14:00 AM by Taceus Jiwede »

Technerdoc

• Lieutenant
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2013, 09:47:35 AM »
Because I really want to be wrong with that, but when I look into the past what happend to all the other games NC-Soft closed down, then I don't see much a chance here. Paragon Studios is no more most of the developers are in new jobs now and even when someone pick up the IP (Means that NC-Soft want to sell and they never do this with their other IPs they closed so far), they also need the developers for it. I really want to see a way and I'm corious what's going on in the future, but it's still a hard trip. Not impossible of course, but close to it...

...and: No, I have nothing else to do. All the other MMOs are just clones, always the same game just with other graphics. It's great that we have such people like Victoria/Mercedes, trying to save our beloved game, but I see much more a future into the Plan Z games. Maybe when NC-Soft really needs money and they have to sell something from their IPs to survive, then there is a way - maybe...
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 10:21:07 AM by Technerdoc »

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2013, 10:31:02 AM »
Because I really want to be wrong with that, but when I look into the past what happend to all the other games NC-Soft closed down, then I don't see much a chance here. Paragon Studios is no more most of the developers are in new jobs now and even when someone pick up the IP (Means that NC-Soft want to sell and they never do this with their other IPs they closed so far), they also need the developers for it. I really want to see a way and I'm corious what's going on in the future, but it's still a hard trip. Not impossible of course, but close to it...

...and: No, I have nothing else to do. All the other MMOs are just clones, always the same game just with other graphics. It's great that we have such people like Victoria/Mercedes, trying to save our beloved game, but I see much more a future into the Plan Z games. Maybe when NC-Soft really needs money and they have to sell something from their IPs to survive, then there is a way - maybe...

Two words:  Asheron's Call.  Never say never.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2013, 10:50:46 AM »
Two words:  Asheron's Call.  Never say never.

Microsoft has a love/hate relationship with PC gaming.  And since their bread and butter isn't, selling an IP back to a studio as you move out of game development is a no brainer.  Then again on occasion Microsoft will simply fold up an IP and hold it for a while until someone offers them enough money to license it like the Mechwarrior IP over a decade later.
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

Axonius

• Minion
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2013, 12:16:00 PM »
I would play the game...but I would aggressively petition for a way to have an offline version of the game that could be played in the event of another shutdown. If that didn't happen, then I'd likely phase the game out. I'd want to see expansion #30 be, "Play CoX offline" or something.