Author Topic: CoH  (Read 12193 times)

rodharris

• Underling
CoH
« on: January 15, 2013, 05:06:28 PM »
If there is any one on the forms that any thing to do with getting the CoH costume creator going again I just want to say tyvm , I got all my character's back again tyvvm, Plus i heard that some one or some one's cracked the atlas map, If so GREAT JOB!!! you just can't kill or fight the Villain's in the street you can just run around . hey but that's better then nothing :) and it's a start. tyvvm, 5 and 1/2 CoH vet .

TinFoil

• Minion
Re: CoH
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 05:49:22 PM »
Run around Atlas Park?

(off to use my search powers)

TinFoil

• Minion
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 05:55:04 PM »
Nope. Don't see that anywhere. Oh well, maybe someday.

Septipheran

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 05:56:04 PM »
Nope. Don't see that anywhere. Oh well, maybe someday.

Yeahh... Today is apparently the day of short lived COH fabrications :/

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 06:23:31 PM »
http://demolition.mcuznz.ca

sort of does what he suggested.

TinFoil

• Minion
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2013, 02:24:47 AM »
http://demolition.mcuznz.ca

sort of does what he suggested.

While that's neat, it doesn't really seem the same as being able to run around Atlas Park again.

Tanklet

• Boss
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2013, 09:25:32 PM »
Actually there's a FB page called Atlas Park Revival. Someone is actively working on code to crack Atlas Park.

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2013, 01:59:51 AM »
Going by the page, that project is not aiming at cracking the original client but rather recreating Atlas Park in Unreal Engine 3...
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

Tanklet

• Boss
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2013, 02:53:47 AM »
Going by the page, that project is not aiming at cracking the original client but rather recreating Atlas Park in Unreal Engine 3...

Yes, you're right. Thanks for the correction.

Cailyn Alaynn

• Elite Boss
  • Never give in.
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2013, 08:28:15 AM »
I'm actually the crazy person behind Atlas Park Revival! 
Fifth is correct,  APR doesn't involve the CoX client.  It's being rebuilt in unreal.
You'll be able to actually run around all of AP. Things like mobs are kind of a maybe atm however.

Didn't think to make a post about it here on the Titan board.  Someone was kind enough to send me a link to this thread however.
"Let's get dangerous..."
Lead Developer and Master of Mischief - Revival Project.
Revival website: APR.Pc-Logix.com

Surelle

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2013, 02:05:39 PM »
Good luck with your project, Irish!  Let us know how it's coming along!

It is most interesting to me that not one but many "inspired by" or "similar to" or "compatible server with" projects have all sprung right up concerning CoH, but yet NCSoft's hare-brained theory is STILL that no one cares, notices or downright hates them for shutting it down, and it won't matter if they never sell it.

Oy.  Just....oy.  Talk about having your head jammed into the sand.  I think they've just about hit the earth's mantle down there.  (And they still can't tell, even though there's quite a lot of what you could call seismic activity up here over their decision-making.   :P   )

Cailyn Alaynn

• Elite Boss
  • Never give in.
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2013, 03:08:19 PM »
I try and update fairly frequently on the Facebook page, Altho I'm not always the best at updating regularly lol.

I agree that it's interesting, however...I find it very unsurprising. Here you've got a community that's had members dedicated to the subject for the better part of a Decade... A fair portion of which are...well....major friggen' nerds.  A melting pot of Talent, Love for the Subject, and in alot of people..a Really big desire to build really big "F*ck You, NCSoft" monuments... lol.

As for NCSoft...I don't even know what their deal is... I question their intelligence for sure. Or at least their observation skills.
"Let's get dangerous..."

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2013, 06:26:49 PM »
and in alot of people..a Really big desire to build really big "F*ck You, NCSoft" monuments... lol.
I do believe our supervillain sides have all decided that the optimum solution will be hijacking orbital particle beam satellites and using them to carve these words ON THE MOON  in size 150 (kilometers) font. And that unfortunately there are no such satellites to hijack yet. :D
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2013, 08:23:58 PM »
Or to collectively carve them on the backside of all the executives at once :)

Cailyn Alaynn

• Elite Boss
  • Never give in.
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2013, 02:38:12 AM »
Heh. Makes me tempted to sneak that into APR... giant FU NCsoft on the moon.
"Let's get dangerous..."

Surelle

« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2013, 03:25:15 AM »
Heh. Makes me tempted to sneak that into APR... giant FU NCsoft on the moon.

All right, now you just made me laugh right out loud!

Cailyn Alaynn

• Elite Boss
  • Never give in.
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2013, 11:37:16 AM »
Does a giant moon FU count as an easter egg? Lol
"Let's get dangerous..."

Pengy

• Badge Badger
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2013, 01:14:42 AM »
Well, it's that time of the month again, folks. The time when we all ask, "Just what is a FUNC Soft?" It sounds funky, just like this next song...

Lucretia MacEvil

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2013, 05:47:51 PM »
Or to collectively carve them on the backside of all the executives at once :)

Does anyone here know a crazy tatooist?

Just thought I'd ask....

(redside, FTW)

redgiant

• Lieutenant
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2013, 10:44:11 AM »
As for cracking Atlas Park or any other map for that matter,

Just grab or make a demorecord of a map, and press F2 while running the demo to mouselook and move around on your own. The demo will continue to loop doing whatever it does, but your character will now be under your control.

This works in I23+ clients, so you should be able to do it if your client was from when the game closed.

Also, you can use Cameraman to speed up the movement, since it is a crawl normally in F2 mode.

There's other posts around this site if you search, for more details and nuances.