Author Topic: CoH  (Read 12147 times)

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
Re: CoH
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2013, 05:40:07 AM »
In the demorecording section I believe that a lot of folks have posted their demorecords for anyone to grab.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Cailyn Alaynn

• Elite Boss
  • Never give in.
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2013, 02:58:52 PM »
Floating around in a Demo is neat, but I think being able to actually walk around is what a lot of people are hoping for. It's definitely what I was wanting, which is what made me decide to start A.P.R.
"Let's get dangerous..."
Lead Developer and Master of Mischief - Revival Project.
Revival website: APR.Pc-Logix.com

redgiant

• Lieutenant
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2013, 12:02:58 AM »
Ah, that would be nice to see.

Btw, are you actually translating the piggs environment map, skeletal animations/models info to drive your scene to look faithful? Or is it an artistic recreation meant to have the same layout of buildings and roads, statues and the central park area of AP?

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2013, 01:34:23 PM »
Floating has its advantages. I've been using it to go through zones I hadn't seen, like Old Faultline. Having never been there, I didn't know how to get above the dam. Fortunately, in "floater" mode, you can float over war walls. :)
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

LadyShin

• Elite Boss
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2013, 12:12:58 AM »
If there is any one on the forms that any thing to do with getting the CoH costume creator going again I just want to say tyvm , I got all my character's back again tyvvm, Plus i heard that some one or some one's cracked the atlas map, If so GREAT JOB!!! you just can't kill or fight the Villain's in the street you can just run around . hey but that's better then nothing :) and it's a start. tyvvm, 5 and 1/2 CoH vet .

:o

What the Freakshow? I uninstalled COH long ago, there any chance of my getting my own character(s) back?
"Frank! It's the love boat to Cuba! Shuffle board and pineapples filled with rum. Know what they do? They put little paper umbrellas sticking out the top so that when it rains, it don't thin out the liquor."

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2013, 02:00:25 AM »
Just the costumes so far. :)
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

srmalloy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2013, 06:57:34 PM »
What the Freakshow? I uninstalled COH long ago, there any chance of my getting my own character(s) back?

All the character data was stored on the servers; there was a program, Sentinel+, released by the Titan Network that would capture the local copy of your character data out of your client while you were logged into that character, but with the servers dark, there's no way for you to get at the character configuration any more. If you didn't go through your characters and archive them with Sentinel+ before the sunset, getting your characters back as they were depends on someone successfully pressuring NCSoft into selling the IP to CoH and all of the user data, which would let them bring the servers back up with the characters as they existed as of whatever timestamp the archiving was done.

rodharris

• Underling
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2017, 04:08:23 PM »
you know what kill's me is, i paid for alot of stuff in Coh, how can they just take that away. i know it's been 5 yrs. sense, i'm just say'n, still make's me MAD GRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!

crashpositron

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2017, 04:23:26 AM »

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2017, 03:43:05 PM »
Pargon Chat is nice, but it's not the game. I want to play the game.  I want to fight villains and save the world (or fight heroes and try to take over the world), not just play dress-up and talk about the weather.

I want City of Heroes, not Super-Second Life.

rodharris

• Underling
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2017, 05:45:50 AM »
me to hero, me to  :(

Castegyre

• Elite Boss
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2017, 07:52:07 AM »
I still use icon to play with the character creator, but doing more than that just upsets me somehow depending on my mood at the moment. I do want the game back, but I'm not willing to torture myself forever.

Right now I'm just hoping one or more of the successors makes for a good home to the community. I think that is the best result I can hope for at this point.

EDIT: As for the stuff we pay for in these games, it's more rented or leased than bought. It kind of stinks, but I wish people would keep that in mind before they dump money in their hobby. It's the reason I force myself to stick to a limited gaming budget.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 11:36:42 AM by Castegyre »