Author Topic: with the way things are going..  (Read 19245 times)

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
with the way things are going..
« on: January 30, 2013, 07:26:16 AM »
I know this is a conspiracy theory, but.. when you have dreams about turing on your computer and trying to see if you can log-in to CoH and suddenly realise the VIP only server is still up and running.. well when you have dreams like that you like the game enough to discuss the conspiracy theories.

ok obvious #1: it's all a nemesis plot

now for the things that have been bugging my mind lately about allt he sudden changes in the world, and yes CoH was linked to it.

you see, theres a organization called the New World Order.. and thier goal is to create a world under complete and utter control and dependence on government with a smile and a facade of remarks about all the things they're going to change and make better (but they do the opposite) and especially lieing to the public's face and then ignoring thier responses and then controlling the media to tell us what we should think.

yeah the NWO is a nasty nasty thing, and it's decided that it's on 3rd base and it will only take 1 more run to win and instead of slowly trying to get to home one last time and win the game, they decide to cheat and try to steal the base.

so whats CoH got to do with it?

well if you hadn't noticed the NWO is trying to ban guns so civilians can't fight back. you see they are abotu to break the world into submission and they don;t want any heroics from citizens trying to rally and stop them.

CoH and CoV both encourage this form of unwanted instigation of feelings of being tough enough to rise against challengers with a team.

the setting being specifically oriented towards Super Heroes and Villains was obviously a concern to the NWO.

They worked with thier korean ally and got NCSoft to shut down city of heroes cause it was a 'a bad influence on too many peoples minds about how to deal with villains and takeovers and totalitarianism'

in short they shut it down cause it was the one modern age concepted superhero MMO that actually had a decent sized (large) fan base. and that is simply just not good for us civilians to be thinking about.

ok conspiracy theory over, comments?
There is always another way. But it might not work exactly like you may desire.

A wise old rabbit once told me "Never give-up!, Trust your instincts!" granted the advice at the time led me on a tripped-out voyage out of an asteroid belt, but hey it was more impressive than a bunch of rocks and space monkies.

Captain Electric

• Elite Boss
  • Crime doesn't pay, evildoers!
    • CoH Faces Profile
Re: with the way things are going..
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 08:17:01 AM »
STOP.

Wait, wait, wait wait wait.

Wait.

The Koreans and the NWO are doing a team-up?

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 08:31:46 AM »
The only way I could see a the shutdown of CoH being part of a conspiracy to alter social behavior, is if there is a being much higher up than any government behind it. And considering the numbers, I don't think the CoH community is much of a concern. And if anyone in power is worried about that, they'd be better off spending their time getting rid of any video game, ranging from Arkham Asylum, to Quake, to Rainbow 6... anything that can teach tactics and strategy to civilians.

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 03:27:46 PM »
The only way I could see a the shutdown of CoH being part of a conspiracy to alter social behavior, is if there is a being much higher up than any government behind it. And considering the numbers, I don't think the CoH community is much of a concern. And if anyone in power is worried about that, they'd be better off spending their time getting rid of any video game, ranging from Arkham Asylum, to Quake, to Rainbow 6... anything that can teach tactics and strategy to civilians.

they are already trying to do so, it's in talks now, such is included in the topic of violent videogames, they link the violence and strategy to the recent shootings. the way the NWO sees it, any numbers over 10000 are an issue to be stopped. cause 10000 is a decent sized army.

STOP.

Wait, wait, wait wait wait.

Wait.

The Koreans and the NWO are doing a team-up?

it is a World Order

the USA has been friends with south korea for a long time now.

A wise old rabbit once told me "Never give-up!, Trust your instincts!" granted the advice at the time led me on a tripped-out voyage out of an asteroid belt, but hey it was more impressive than a bunch of rocks and space monkies.

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 04:51:51 PM »

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 02:49:36 AM »
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 06:00:48 AM »

Yes, I am a bit wonkers at times but we must concern about the possibility that our game was taken down strategically for the purpose of a political agenda to ban violent/strategic games with out having a massive player base mad at them at the same time.

or it could be my previous political agenda mention above this one.

obviously NCSoft wont tell us the real reasons why they took it down, could it have been as simple as; child played CoH, Child killed fellow student, child told parents he got the idea for the move from CoH, parents sue NCSoft, NCSoft shuts down game?

or is it much more malicious than we think!?

maybe we should have a little youtube ad segment "Hi, I play City of heroes and Villains and in real life I [enter heroic deed] )

like "I donate to charities", or "I'm a police officer", or "I'm a soldier", or "I'm a doctor and save lives every day", or "I volunteer as a national guard, fireman ETC." or "I'm a lawyer and keep the innocent out of jail" ETC.

we definitely need to counteract the push for the ban of violent/strategic games, otherwise even if we do get NCSoft to sell to a prospective publisher it will be a severely uphill battle to get any laws reversed so it can be launched.

regardless why NCSoft took it down, regardless why they wont sell it, we can defend videogames in general and in the process advertise what kind of heroes CoH has spawned, everyday heroes. not vicious vigilantees like the videogame ban people would like people to think.

houtex

• Elite Boss
  • I was the turkey all along! MEE!
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2013, 04:27:29 AM »
NCSoft took it out for a whole lot of reasons.  None of which has been sufficiently allowed to see the light of day.  You may be, in some part, right, but I would get the majority of it is nothing of what you speak.  It was a business decision... and it could also have been a personal vengeance vendetta against someone(s)... and we certainly dislike their choice of what studio to kill (as to me, this is the crux of it... not the *game*, but the *studio* was the target of all this, for bean-counter reasons) and a part of that, shutting the game down, but...

Yeah, not so much on your conspiracy theory, sorry.

However, I agree, the defense of video games, especially ones like the Mortal Kombat series, Quake series, Halo series, TF series... one where wanton destruction, mayhem, and killing is so much fun it just can't be helped, the maniacal giggle fits that always comes to me when I play them and see a ridiculous death happen...

Wait, I don't think I'm helping that defense...  uh... sorry y'all.

/Well, actually, yes I am.  Because, having played those games... I have *absolutely not one tendency to go out and reinact them*.  I.e., the game didn't make me go all stabby and shooty and such. 
//But the problem is, if even .000000001% of the populace who plays these games goes out and does get all stabby/shooty/such, that's not a low enough percentage... even if the game itself wasn't the cause.
///And even *especially if* the games weren't a factor... like maybe they didn't play them at all, but instead it was the insanty of "Barney meets the Teletubbies and ride My Little Ponies to see Sesame Street" that sent them over the edge.
////You know you all want to see that.  Heck, *I* wanna see that...

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2013, 05:11:44 AM »
NCSoft took it out for a whole lot of reasons.  None of which has been sufficiently allowed to see the light of day.  You may be, in some part, right, but I would get the majority of it is nothing of what you speak.  It was a business decision... and it could also have been a personal vengeance vendetta against someone(s)... and we certainly dislike their choice of what studio to kill (as to me, this is the crux of it... not the *game*, but the *studio* was the target of all this, for bean-counter reasons) and a part of that, shutting the game down, but...

Yeah, not so much on your conspiracy theory, sorry.

However, I agree, the defense of video games, especially ones like the Mortal Kombat series, Quake series, Halo series, TF series... one where wanton destruction, mayhem, and killing is so much fun it just can't be helped, the maniacal giggle fits that always comes to me when I play them and see a ridiculous death happen...

Wait, I don't think I'm helping that defense...  uh... sorry y'all.

/Well, actually, yes I am.  Because, having played those games... I have *absolutely not one tendency to go out and reinact them*.  I.e., the game didn't make me go all stabby and shooty and such. 
//But the problem is, if even .000000001% of the populace who plays these games goes out and does get all stabby/shooty/such, that's not a low enough percentage... even if the game itself wasn't the cause.
///And even *especially if* the games weren't a factor... like maybe they didn't play them at all, but instead it was the insanty of "Barney meets the Teletubbies and ride My Little Ponies to see Sesame Street" that sent them over the edge.
////You know you all want to see that.  Heck, *I* wanna see that...

you see thats why suspected nitwits and mentally challenged people should be kept on a watch by parents/guardians/nieghbors at all times otherwise such suspected mentally unstable people should be in insane asylums where they belong. for example, my nighbor has two sons, one doesn;t speak at all and the other one speaks but it's pure gibberish, they are in middle and highschool (how the %$#@ are they passing the grades?) and still think like little kids, they are highly convincable, if they saw a violent game I know it would influence them to try and enact some of it... but you see they havn't done it yet but we know they are capable of it.

for that reason asylums were created and yet, they are not used until a crime actually happens...

this is something that needs to be discussed in our sane peoples rights to play violent games. ok so yeah I'm the one who says he's wonkers, but as a psychologist once said "people who are intelligent enough to claim to be insane are usually not"

Beltor

• Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2013, 05:26:16 AM »
With recent changes in MMO policies in China and i think S Korea, I expect MMO income worldwide will be affected. NCsoft is expecting large profits from B&S when it hits China, but i expect MMO's in general will lose popularity in China because of them all being watered down there. Whether or not that was part of a NWO/Builderberg plan is questionable, although only 1 MMO may not mean much but all of them from China and SKorea might. If US policies about MMO's changes as well...

Excuse me... I need to change my tinfoil hat.

Electric-Knight

• Elite Boss
  • E-K and Malfaz taking a break, drinking tea
    • www.pauldamonthomas.com
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2013, 05:33:38 AM »
(Re: the thread title):

... They're gonna crucify me!!

--
"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever."
- Baron Munchausen

http://www.pauldamonthomas.com/

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2013, 05:47:17 AM »
they are already trying to do so, it's in talks now, such is included in the topic of violent videogames, they link the violence and strategy to the recent shootings. the way the NWO sees it, any numbers over 10000 are an issue to be stopped. cause 10000 is a decent sized army.

1 decent sized army who at best can only get access to shot guns and semi-auto rifles... vs. the most technologically-advanced military in the world. They probably wouldn't even need to use troops, just a couple drones.

As for the violence, if there was ever a violence ban on video games, we'd still have the FPS. Only the object of the game would be to throw rainbows around and make the opponents change to interesting new shades of sparkle.

Reiraku

• Boss
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2013, 06:33:42 AM »

Rotten Luck

• Elite Boss
  • "I'd rather go out a hero than a coward."
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2013, 11:33:28 AM »
Video games are just the latest target.  Before that it was Movies, Comics, T.V. all of witch shook off the chains that been bound to them.  I don't see this as being part of a NWO scheme other then Distraction method.  While we are up at arms over games we ignoring more "Speed and Red light" cameras being put up.  Ignoring Police on schools (yeah they say it's to protect the children... How soon till tracking bracelets are on those kids?  Or tracking micro chips in the skin?  Kidnappers would have a harder time with that!).   Safety always comes with the cost of Freedom.

Any world order that spent generations studying human behavior would want us to be lost in a game.  By having us Log in we are automatically saying "We are here."  With each data transfer we are tracked.  On top of that if we are escaping reality in a game.  We aren't paying attention to reality.

Then again I might be giving them to much credit.  I'm a very calculating manipulative evil mastermind.  Good thing for the world i'm also lazy.
One way or another... Heroes will fly again!

houtex

• Elite Boss
  • I was the turkey all along! MEE!
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2013, 03:01:55 AM »
you see thats why suspected nitwits and mentally challenged people should be kept on a watch by parents/guardians/nieghbors at all times otherwise such suspected mentally unstable people should be in insane asylums where they belong. for example, my nighbor has two sons, one doesn;t speak at all and the other one speaks but it's pure gibberish, they are in middle and highschool (how the %$#@ are they passing the grades?) and still think like little kids, they are highly convincable, if they saw a violent game I know it would influence them to try and enact some of it... but you see they havn't done it yet but we know they are capable of it.

for that reason asylums were created and yet, they are not used until a crime actually happens...

this is something that needs to be discussed in our sane peoples rights to play violent games. ok so yeah I'm the one who says he's wonkers, but as a psychologist once said "people who are intelligent enough to claim to be insane are usually not"

Minority Report.  Go watch it.  It tells you pretty much why you can't pre-concieve who is and isn't insane right off the bat, although that's more a movie about pre-determination.  Same idea.  Actions speak louder than words/thoughts.

Oh, the things I have rattling about in my head... way to kill people with my bare hands, a pen, a string, poisons... etc... ad nauseum.  Stephen King, Tom Clancy, and many many other people have thoughts and knowledge too of such things.

We never act on it.  But the thoughts are there.  The knowlege is there.  We just don't do it.  That's the only, slim difference between sane and insane, when you get down to it... DID you do it.  Not would you.  Not could you.   Because that's what you're talkin' about... predetermination of who's really honestly going to be insane enough to go on a killing spree, without having any shred of actual proof they'd go through with it beforehand.

Yep.  No thought police.  I need no Seers network 'round here.  And we had that in our history... and still do... in other parts of the world.  It's... really not good to have it be a thing.

Now, if there was an absolute, fool proof way to say "Yeah, that one there.  Bad stuff.  Gotta deal with him/her before they shoot 40 people" then by all means... Get it done.  But tell me this (and this goes for the lot o' yas..)

You are not insane and going to shoot 40 people because...?

/Oh, sure.  Yeah, I believe you... well, no, not really.  I have no basis for believing you.  So you'll have to try harder.
//Yeah... still not believing.  I'm really not interested in you proving it to me, I think you'll be doin' it, so I'm gonna have to ensure you are not going to hurt anyone, especially yourself, THX1138...
///By the way... who watches the watchers?  Hm?
////The only winning move is... not to play... and unfortunately, wait until something really happens to get them committed.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 03:11:45 AM by houtex »

Perfidus

• Elite Boss
  • "I, ah.. understand."
    • My arts.
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2013, 03:51:57 AM »
Thank you for posting that, Reiraku. If you hadn't, I was going to.

But I will add this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Juqm94sUV_E

Xieveral

• Chaotic Neutral
  • Boss
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2013, 10:35:08 PM »
I think I've figured out who Joshex really is!

?RSN = CKN(CRS.ROD)

RSN = GLR(EMP.MCL)

corvus1970

• Elite Boss
  • A true ruler is as moral as a Hurricane.
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2013, 11:47:27 PM »
... ^o^CORVUS^o^
"...if nothing we do matters, than all that matters is what we do."
http://corvus1970.deviantart.com/

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2013, 12:05:39 AM »
Video games are just the latest target.  Before that it was Movies, Comics, T.V. all of witch shook off the chains that been bound to them.  I don't see this as being part of a NWO scheme other then Distraction method.  While we are up at arms over games we ignoring more "Speed and Red light" cameras being put up.  Ignoring Police on schools (yeah they say it's to protect the children... How soon till tracking bracelets are on those kids?  Or tracking micro chips in the skin?  Kidnappers would have a harder time with that!).   Safety always comes with the cost of Freedom.

Any world order that spent generations studying human behavior would want us to be lost in a game.  By having us Log in we are automatically saying "We are here."  With each data transfer we are tracked.  On top of that if we are escaping reality in a game.  We aren't paying attention to reality.

Then again I might be giving them to much credit.  I'm a very calculating manipulative evil mastermind.  Good thing for the world i'm also lazy.

Sounds like a friend of mine. On the forum they said she went bat shit with the tin foil hat when she made a statement like that.

Rotten Luck

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2013, 04:49:13 AM »
Less tin foil hat and more pointing out the double standard.

"Don't take my guns!  I need them to fight if the government goes bad."

I see talk of Armed guards for schools and I think "Government schools need to be fortresses with Government funded guards with guns guarding the children."  So the question goes if the Government goes bad what would you do to get all those innocent hostages out of school?

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2013, 04:57:06 AM »

I see talk of Armed guards for schools and I think "Government schools need to be fortresses with Government funded guards with guns guarding the children."  So the question goes if the Government goes bad what would you do to get all those innocent hostages out of school?

Sssshhh!  Nobody ever thinks that far ahead.
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

Blue Pulsar

• Boss
  • Epic Mediocrity
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2013, 05:09:16 AM »
1 decent sized army who at best can only get access to shot guns and semi-auto rifles... vs. the most technologically-advanced military in the world. They probably wouldn't even need to use troops, just a couple drones.

I find it really funny when people think of non-governmental militias as a rag-tag group of unintelligent and untrained hillbillies with nothing but wooden houses and a few hundred rounds of ammo. But, as long as that's the consensus view, that just means most people are in the dark, which is good for those who are not. :D

Soo... where is the other half of the double standard? "Don't take X from me, I need it for ____ reason."

And when did the gun-control debate leak onto "Save Paragon City" forums?
Blue Pulsar - 50 nrg/kin def - first toon - Liberty
Bane of Lanur - 52 nec/dark MM - Main vill - Liberty
Destan H. - 53 SS/FA brute - Farm/PvP hybrid - Freedom
Destan's Fury - 53 StJ/Regen brute - PvPer - Freedom
Destan's Shadow Gang - 53 Thug/Dark MM - PvPer - Freedom

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2013, 05:14:42 AM »
I think I've figured out who Joshex really is!

<.< >.> <.< O.O O.o o.O ;D

I am an annoymous entity that lives on the internet, my server resides deep in the depths of a planet asteroid in a star system near the andromeda galaxy. I have merged with alien organisms and grown tentacles.

I smirk with a grin at your attempt to unravel me but any name I use online is probably not really me. I have actually been using this alias 'Joshex' for a very long time it actually is my real name after being subjected to a type of encryption that I developed.

Blue Pulsar

• Boss
  • Epic Mediocrity
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2013, 05:18:24 AM »
I have actually been using this alias 'Joshex' for a very long time it actually is my real name after being subjected to a type of encryption that I developed.

You mean the kind where you put in your real name and it adds "ex" to the end of it? :P

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2013, 05:19:40 AM »
We never act on it.  But the thoughts are there.  The knowlege is there.  We just don't do it.  That's the only, slim difference between sane and insane, when you get down to it... DID you do it.  Not would you.  Not could you.   Because that's what you're talkin' about... predetermination of who's really honestly going to be insane enough to go on a killing spree, without having any shred of actual proof they'd go through with it beforehand.

Heh... if there were even some kind of project going on that had a model for predicting who might become a mass-murderer, they're probably getting a mind-blowing record number of false positives. Cerebro's map of the U.S. would be lit up like a Christmas tree.

srmalloy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2013, 05:39:05 AM »

As [opposed to the government's position that "guns like these are much too dangerous and inappropriate for you to be allowed to have for your own defense, but they're perfectly safe and appropriate for us to arm our bodyguards with to protect us"?

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2013, 05:48:12 AM »
Gentlemen, we are all loosing sight of the real issue here, now I hope you don't think I'm setting myself up as some self elected leader or anything, but the issue is one we must face.

What are we going to call ourselves?

one option is "the league against salavating monsters"

and my personal favorite is "Committee Liberation Infavor of Terrifying Organisms and thier Rehabilitation Into Society"

theres only one drawback to that plan, the abbreviation is Clitoris.

sorry had to say that..

ok back onto the main topic, someone tried to close city of heroes, and now no one wants to say who or why.

hmm

hmmmmmm............ that sounds vaguely familiar, doesn't a certain president of a certain united states ALWAYS pull his latest agendas in this fashion?

could it be that obama's kids were playing CoH too much and ignoring thier school work and so thier dad forced NCSoft to close it so his kids could focus on homework?

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2013, 05:48:49 AM »

Well some people that work with the government is just as "crazy", used in a loose manner, as those people. And the weapon black market is alive and well especially here. The weapons of all sorts come across that border each day by the semi-truck load. One guy got recently busted. Another one was legit. But even the police say they only probably catch less than 1% of the weapons that come across, everything from fully auto AKs, AR-15s with and without the M203 attachment, this weapon that is called a bullpup or something (my gun crazy (but class-3 legal and responsible gun builder/owner has one and it's one cool looking gun. He;s building a functional Halo styled gun, he is almost done and it fires but he's doing more body work.). It goes beyond shotguns and automatics. We have the most technological advanced military yes, but look at how much trouble we had and have with a few crazed AK wielding nutcases in Iraq and Afghanistan. We got our butts handed to us in Nam from gurilla warfare. Technology only carry a military so far. If our current wars enemy were uniformed persons and an actual organized military, hell yeah we would murder them. But we are weak against guerilla warfare. Sure we could turn them into a parking lot, but why havent we? Politics. And they barely give a crap about those citizens. Now imagine out own people, politics will just bungle it and probably wont use the full power of the military at all and still not train for guerilla warfare. Too much depended on technology that might be used for worse case scenario. It's cool that we have missles that can target a flea off a dog's back that cost tax payers 300 mill a pop, and drones and the likes and nuclear weapons, but they forget that enemies dont line up in neat lines like the redcoats used to do.
Speaking of drones, a hacker just recently hacked into a base's UAV Drone control. DoD was none too pleased, especially when they found out it was a 14 year old kid using a PC in his mom's living room.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2013, 06:53:35 AM »
We've somehow gotten away from tin foil hat silly conspiracy theories into the politics of guns. And one thing I know that causes flamewars on forums is politics. So let's just stop that right there and get back to tin foil. Don't make me turn this thread around! I'll do it, so help me! Just ask your father!
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2013, 07:06:22 AM »
ooops. got a tad carried away.

Sooo...where did I put that dang blasted foil hat?

Electric-Knight

• Elite Boss
  • E-K and Malfaz taking a break, drinking tea
    • www.pauldamonthomas.com
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2013, 08:04:36 AM »
I vote for the name the Paragonian People's Front!

--
"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever."
- Baron Munchausen

http://www.pauldamonthomas.com/

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2013, 08:23:38 AM »
ooops. got a tad carried away.

Sooo...where did I put that dang blasted foil hat?

I'd make you one, but I used up all my tin foil making mine. :-\

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2013, 05:03:20 PM »
And I will continue to delete posts that stick to the guns/politics angle.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

srmalloy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2013, 06:46:26 PM »
I vote for the name the Paragonian People's Front!

...which will, of course, be eternally in conflict with the People's Front of Paragon...

;D

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2013, 07:20:26 PM »
Who else here thinks the government has so many drones now because they took all the ones from Coh?

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2013, 09:48:10 PM »
I still think it was some political person's kids that were playing CoH all the time and thier grades were suffering so thier parents silently talked to buddies in business and wormed thier way into forcing NCsoft to shut down the game. and then told them to keep quiet about it because "if people knew about my selfish action hurting so many people for the sake of my own kids education and due to my lack of ability to control my own children, that would make me look bad"

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2013, 09:55:17 PM »
Nah they would just blame it on Bush

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2013, 10:10:55 PM »
Nah they would just blame it on Bush
Where is the "thank" button when you need it!?

HarvesterOfEyes

• Lieutenant
  • Mine is to collect from the wicked.
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2013, 10:16:55 PM »
I'd just be curious to know what proportion of posters to this thread have ever actually touched tin foil.

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2013, 10:25:19 PM »
Where is the "thank" button when you need it!?

lol the scapegoat method is soo 2001 instead of blaming it on one person they ahve realized that people were getting wise to that, case how cold one person be responsible for all this stuff that it says other people actually did? so they now use the broad 'blame your enemies' method aka "it's the republican's fault"

meh.. the circus is back in town oh caesar, the clowns are really putting on a show, wont you watch?

I'd just be curious to know what proportion of posters to this thread have ever actually touched tin foil.

every day. every day..

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2013, 12:07:40 AM »

Got a roll that was made around the WW2 era when they was destoying an old building on an military installation. Apparently it was a long forgotten storage unit.

I noticed that it was stiffer than the usual foil but may have been due to age and also left a metallic taste on food after a while (dont ask! but yes Vodka had something to do with that).

Blue Pulsar

• Boss
  • Epic Mediocrity
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2013, 12:47:07 AM »
Got a roll that was made around the WW2 era when they was destoying an old building on an military installation. Apparently it was a long forgotten storage unit.

I noticed that it was stiffer than the usual foil but may have been due to age and also left a metallic taste on food after a while (dont ask! but yes Vodka had something to do with that).

Tin foil from that era was actually made of either tin or steel. Now-a-days it's aluminum which is much lighter, more malleable, and less oxidizing. The last part is probably what was probably responsible for your food, which is why most steel cans are aluminized or galvanized today and soda cans (holding acidic soft drinks) are made with an alloy that is about 70% aluminum.

Edit: Though you told me not to ask, I'm still very curious as to why you would use something so old on your food... But, I won't ask.

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2013, 03:00:18 AM »
I used to make tin foil masks when I was a kid.

It was hard to see out of them though...

Edit: Though you told me not to ask, I'm still very curious as to why you would use something so old on your food... But, I won't ask.

Subtle. Very subtle.  8)
Hope never abandons you, you abandon it. - George Weinberg

Hope ... is not a feeling; it is something you do. - Katherine Paterson

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy. - Cynthia Nelms

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2013, 03:42:28 AM »
Tin foil from that era was actually made of either tin or steel. Now-a-days it's aluminum which is much lighter, more malleable, and less oxidizing. The last part is probably what was probably responsible for your food, which is why most steel cans are aluminized or galvanized today and soda cans (holding acidic soft drinks) are made with an alloy that is about 70% aluminum.

Sometimes after a half bottle of vodka, I come up with the "greatests" of all ideas. Though never got to the point of saying "watch this". As those are usually famous last words before waking up in hospital.  ;D

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2013, 03:07:55 PM »
hi...

I'm sorry, but one tin foil hat will not be enough for me, I'm going to have to layer it on here...

Bleach, fighting back against evil oppressors, thats what bleach is about, and... this year only shortly after CoH shut down bleach episode production was effectively cancelled and the show was bought by the rerun studio TV Osaka and no information has been given about then even running it. it seems to me that the NWO doesn't want any sort of media that encourages people to fight against evils. the descision to fully cancel production of bleach didnt come until recently after japan pledged full support to the USA... gee is that a coincidence? I think not.

One peice, many of you know that onepeice is also a manga TV series by the same manga author. Now why wasn't it shut down? simple, the law and order in the onepeice show is the marines and their goal isnt to over throw the marines just become king of the pirates. so effectively the NWO doesn't give a S$#@ about onepeice.

Google, I really hope we know what we're doing, google is a big company after all... they could possibly have ties with the NWO, if thats the case, the only reason they might buy it is because NCSoft is not completely able to legally keep the IP to CoH securely shut down, I.E. someone can buy it or someone can sue for it ETC. but if google buys it and sits on it thats a different story, having never run the game they are not liable to be sued and have every reason to not sell.. I suppose thats the downside of hitting up the big companies first, you have to take a chance that they aren't in league with the evils in the world that be.

Waffles

• Elite Boss
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2013, 09:19:06 PM »

Mister Bison

• Elite Boss
  • *psychotic grin*
« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2013, 09:29:02 PM »
I remember a forumite's post about the announced 21st of december catastrophe, turning out to be a dud, actually was quite the catastrophe. Let me apply it to conspiracies and image it to you:

All the rumours, theories and fears of conspiracies out there hide indeed a far more horrible truth.

That is that the only true conspiracy is this.
Yeeessss....

Mister Bison

• Elite Boss
  • *psychotic grin*
« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2013, 09:29:37 PM »
Here is a second post to point out that the post above is not missing anything.
Yeeessss....

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2013, 09:32:22 PM »
I remember a forumite's post about the announced 21st of december catastrophe, turning out to be a dud, actually was quite the catastrophe. Let me apply it to conspiracies and image it to you:

All the rumours, theories and fears of conspiracies out there hide indeed a far more horrible truth.

All of these words are English, but they combine to make no sense. ???

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Mister Bison

• Elite Boss
  • *psychotic grin*
« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2013, 09:48:42 PM »
All of these words are English, but they combine to make no sense. ???
Maybe because you only see what you can see. You probably think "something is missing", to that I'd made is clear "nothing is missing"

(or is my drift too hard to catch ?)
Yeeessss....

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2013, 11:12:21 PM »

So, the true conspiracy is that there are no conspiracies?

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy. - Cynthia Nelms

Rotten Luck

• Elite Boss
« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2013, 12:04:32 AM »
More of a slight of hand trick.  Create a Fake conspiracy to hide a True conspiracy.  Or another way...

To hide Alien contact, stories of being taken by aliens and going to Mars/Venus, some other place get told.  By the time a person hears a real Alien story they are desensitize to alien kidnapping stories. 

I wrote a story about Area 51 being a prison for Superpowered people.  The Government Fakes UFO sightings there to hide the fact it's a Prison.

Megajoule

• Lieutenant
« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2013, 01:17:01 AM »
It is perversely more comforting, to many, to imagine that there are those who are capable of comprehending and guiding the fantastically complex world that we live in to their own secret ends, than to accept the more probable reality:  that there's no God or secret puppetmasters at the wheel, the world is too big and complicated for any one person to understand, and that everyone is bumbling along more or less at random, following our own selfish agendas that sometimes bump into each other.
(Oh, and not only are you not important enough to try to deceive, but in fact no one outside your immediate circle knows or cares that you exist.)

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2013, 10:34:45 AM »
It is perversely more comforting, to many, to imagine that there are those who are capable of comprehending and guiding the fantastically complex world that we live in to their own secret ends, than to accept the more probable reality:  that there's no God or secret puppetmasters at the wheel, the world is too big and complicated for any one person to understand, and that everyone is bumbling along more or less at random, following our own selfish agendas that sometimes bump into each other.
(Oh, and not only are you not important enough to try to deceive, but in fact no one outside your immediate circle knows or cares that you exist.)

I agree.  Even if there was one person controlling everything.  There are things out their floating around in space that would make us so gosh darn dead so fast NWO, lizard people, or the replaced Paul Mccartney couldn't do anything about it. Bunkers can't save you from space!  Too many things are out of our control for someone/something to be in total control.

Captain Electric

• Elite Boss
  • Crime doesn't pay, evildoers!
    • CoH Faces Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2013, 10:44:41 AM »
You know...

I WANT TO BELIEVE.

But those darn UFO nuts keep telling me I'm just being paranoid about the existence of military stealth aircraft projects.

Rotten Luck

• Elite Boss
« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2013, 04:20:52 PM »
Me I believe people try.  Key word is TRY.

Human nature is well... human nature, someone somewhere will always try to take over.  Even from inside some kind of NWO you will have brown nosers and back stabbers trying to be the big boss.  You also have gossiping and whispers and people who leak stuff just to leak.

Lets take an example.  The closes to such a group order could be the USSR and Nazi Germany.  Both groups had assassinations attempts, plots within plots, and groups spying on there own members. 

An order that is clever wouldn't want to take over.  Much better to manipulate and siphon power then weld it.  Think about the history of the world how many Leaders were in fact led by external pressures.  This human nature will also apply to any NWO order or conspiracy will face the same problems.  Who ever pulls the strings will have strings being pulled on them from one section of the order or another. 

Group Drama not only happens in Guilds and Super groups   :) 

Drama it's saving the world because we can't stand each other long enough to rule the world.

Waffles

• Elite Boss
« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2013, 08:25:30 PM »
Maybe because you only see what you can see. You probably think "something is missing", to that I'd made is clear "nothing is missing"

(or is my drift too hard to catch ?)

I need scissors, 61.

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #57 on: March 09, 2013, 10:28:55 PM »
Me I believe people try.  Key word is TRY.

Human nature is well... human nature, someone somewhere will always try to take over.  Even from inside some kind of NWO you will have brown nosers and back stabbers trying to be the big boss.  You also have gossiping and whispers and people who leak stuff just to leak.
"Three people can keep a secret if two of them are dead."
So far so good. Onward and upward!

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2013, 05:40:20 AM »
then someone tell me why everything that is about good fighting evil is being dumbed down to make people think evil is good?

lets take a look at the new castlvania for the 3DS for example, the old castlevania stories stressed that dracula was an evil sorcerer and the belmont's were superhumans, it was originally a clash between clans or families.

now in the 3DS castlevania apparently dracula is the father of simon belmont and christopher.... they even called him gabriel belmont.. what a name...

that and the game title  and content has been obscurred, the title reads castlevania: the adventure reborn, castlevania the adventure was a game for the original gameboy starring christopher belmont, now the remake will star simon belmont (from the NES games) instead, simon... well, simon was lame...

what can one do against such savage evil and overall stupidity of game developers?

well, I for one think the only way to show them thier game ideas are lame is to A not buy it and B make something better to 'show them up'.

I am in the process of doing B right now and will be doing A without a doubt.

seriously, dracula a belmont? what pothead came up with that in the scrum session?

plus the game is a 3D sidescroller... such a waste of time and effort.. my opinion if you're gonna make something 3D then don't lollygag around it and make it a 2D/3D environment, go all out! but no that would mean extra work and less over all graphics quality due to having to actually model the faces opposite the screen and the backgrounds instead of only modeling the foreground and pasting pictures in the BG..

rant asside the main point is every thing I love is turning into garbage or being cancelled.. mainly cause I like heroic stuff and someone out there seems to 'have it in' for heroic stuff *emulates thier motions of pointing at the picture of a hero and making a motion of slitting thier throat*

not to bad mouth konami, I hold thier company in high regards, but who ever made that game... they need to be laid off, badly.. they have uncannoned the whole series and made it lame, but with good graphics and bad voice acting??!

Golden Girl

• One Liners and Winky Faces
  • Elite Boss
    • Heroes and Villains
« Reply #59 on: March 10, 2013, 06:33:32 AM »
Not sure if serious...
"Heroes and Villains" website - http://www.heroes-and-villains.com
"Heroes and Villains" on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/HeroesAndVillainsMMORPG
"Heroes and Villains" on Twitter - https://twitter.com/Plan_Z_Studios
"Heroes and Villains" teaser trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnjKqNPfFv8
Artwork - http://goldengirlcoh.deviantart.com

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #60 on: March 10, 2013, 07:06:18 AM »

seriously, dracula a belmont? what pothead came up with that in the scrum session?

Probably the same people that voiced the idea for Underworld and Twilight.

I seriously do not like the "modern" concept of vampires or werewolves.
Give me the old school ones any day.

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #61 on: March 10, 2013, 08:02:01 AM »

Don't blame potheads for that awfulness. It is clearly a well organized attempt by vampires and werewolves and now zombies apparently to be sexy, and human, and have feeling and stuff so when they really come they can just tear us limb by limb with the slightest of ease.  See the female vampires were able to do this to men already they just used their sexy gaze powers that they get when they become all vamped out.  The men however couldn't do this.  They were to busy wearing capes and doing other stuff to really get the whole thing down.  So one day Blade comes around and cuts up a few people here and then cuts a few people there, until finally he fights the main female vampire, Stephenie Meyer.  Now when two awesome vampires come face to face, it can only be resolved one way.  Chess match.
Blade of course wins because he has physic powers that he got when he was training under Raziel, and knew every move she would make.  After defeating her in what will eventually become known as  "the most influential battle in history" he commanded her to write terrible stories that would make male vampires seem cute, sensitive, and sparkly.  Thus giving men the same ability that they have.  However SM is one powerful Vamplady and they needed a fortress, or a prison. No they needed both.  So they created NCSoft to house this all powerful vamp queen.  Although after hundreds of years of writing and not drinking the blood of some unlucky sap, she adapted a new hunger.  This one can only be satisfied by the life force of a game.  But only a game that has been built up and with a lot of time invested into it.  Bad games give no nourishment to such a powerful vampire, maybe one of those twilight vamps but not the almighty SM.  And that is what happened/is happening right now.  The other stuff you guys are talking about is just downright crazy.

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #62 on: March 10, 2013, 03:15:24 PM »
Don't blame potheads for that awfulness. It is clearly a well organized attempt by vampires and werewolves and now zombies apparently to be sexy, and human, and have feeling and stuff so when they really come they can just tear us limb by limb with the slightest of ease. 

Although after hundreds of years of writing and not drinking the blood of some unlucky sap, she adapted a new hunger.  This one can only be satisfied by the life force of a game.  But only a game that has been built up and with a lot of time invested into it.  Bad games give no nourishment to such a powerful vampire, maybe one of those twilight vamps but not the almighty SM.  And that is what happened/is happening right now.  The other stuff you guys are talking about is just downright crazy.

I somewhat agree with the first point, realistically I believe in 'outside influence' aka sometimes we have ideas and thoughts that don't come from our own mind, some force good or evil is trying to implant such thoughts into our minds, however when the mind is intoxicated it makes our resistance to these thoughts much weaker.

I see a pattern accross the whole entertainment industry, a pattern that wants to destroy and modernize things that were fine on thier own, could it be the grand scheme of a vampire? I often wonder, is dracula real and is about to be reborn? then all this stuff is made some that we will be desensitized to his evil ways and, most importantly think he has the potential to be good.

he is no more than a demon, he gave up being human long ago, watch bram stoker's dracula for the real legitimate story of the infamous vamp. Kudos to the team that made it, I was very impressed at how it stuck to the book so closely (I had expected to have to mega-sigh at each turn combined with a facepalm and head shake, but it surprised me *clap clap* I say). Keanu Reeves gets some Kudos for good acting as well.

dracula giving up his humanity and becoming a demon.

Illusionss

• Elite Boss
« Reply #63 on: March 10, 2013, 04:47:23 PM »
....See the female vampires were able to do this to men already they just used their sexy gaze powers that they get when they become all vamped out.  The men however couldn't do this.  They were to busy wearing capes and doing other stuff to really get the whole thing down.  So one day Blade comes around and cuts up a few people here and then cuts a few people there, until finally he fights the main female vampire, Stephenie Meyer.

*snerk*

Mister Bison

• Elite Boss
  • *psychotic grin*
« Reply #64 on: March 10, 2013, 08:39:57 PM »
So, the true conspiracy is that there are no conspiracies?
Indeed ! That would be terrible now, wouldn't it ?

Somebody did catch it. :-)
Yeeessss....

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #65 on: March 11, 2013, 12:50:56 AM »

WooT! I are good reader!  :P

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #66 on: March 11, 2013, 02:46:26 AM »

pssssshhhhhhhh
lol

see, now a smart person could take advantage of that kind of thinking, if you're smart enough to realize that the majority of people don't believe in conspiracies especially if they sound mega rediculous then if you were to want to scam those people it would be incredibly easy to take advantage of that Huge hole in thier mental defenses. you could litterally pull off the worst conspiracy that ever cursed the earth and steal all the money and make everyone your slaves in the process because who would believe such a hugh and grand conspiracy theory that lead upto it? heck once you start making enough money through the conspiratol scam you could launch fake UFOs and fill them with all your stolen goods and possibly make a space station getaway so you can run to it if anyone ever finds out. and if someone told you the truth of it? I can bet your response would be:

*this guy is insane* "oh... umm nah I don't believe that at all it's just a conspiracy theory get your head out of your tin foil hat and come talk to me in a sane manner."

or maybe just the average "waa? man you crazy! there aint no UFOs with stolen money and there damn sure aint no space station hiding bases."

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #67 on: March 11, 2013, 11:01:22 PM »
then someone tell me why everything that is about good fighting evil is being dumbed down to make people think evil is good?
Because writers tend to fail when working on stories with a less black-and-white sense of morality.
One who comically missed the point of where the Dracula name came from in the first place, I guess?
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #68 on: March 12, 2013, 04:58:33 AM »
Because writers tend to fail when working on stories with a less black-and-white sense of morality. One who comically missed the point of where the Dracula name came from in the first place, I guess?

:'( :gonk: :'( :'( why... why must the world take away everything I enjoy.. do they want me to feel completely alienated from videogames so I end up finding other ways to fulfill my fantasies? like my lazer base on the moon....

poke poke game companies :D maybe you can find a reason to make good games *polishes my lazer*

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #69 on: March 12, 2013, 09:38:16 AM »
:'( :gonk: :'( :'( why... why must the world take away everything I enjoy.. do they want me to feel completely alienated from videogames so I end up finding other ways to fulfill my fantasies? like my lazer base on the moon....

Yes.  This is exactly what they want.

MindBlender

• Boss
  • My Main was a healer, wish he was here now.
« Reply #70 on: March 12, 2013, 10:31:43 AM »

Jesse Ventura would have found out a few years ago.... He was the Gov of Minnesota ya know!  ;)
All my computer skill was used up on my Commodore 64 decades ago...