Author Topic: with the way things are going..  (Read 19246 times)

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
Re: with the way things are going..
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2013, 04:57:06 AM »
Less tin foil hat and more pointing out the double standard.

"Don't take my guns!  I need them to fight if the government goes bad."

I see talk of Armed guards for schools and I think "Government schools need to be fortresses with Government funded guards with guns guarding the children."  So the question goes if the Government goes bad what would you do to get all those innocent hostages out of school?

Sssshhh!  Nobody ever thinks that far ahead.
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

Blue Pulsar

• Boss
  • Epic Mediocrity
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2013, 05:09:16 AM »
1 decent sized army who at best can only get access to shot guns and semi-auto rifles... vs. the most technologically-advanced military in the world. They probably wouldn't even need to use troops, just a couple drones.

I find it really funny when people think of non-governmental militias as a rag-tag group of unintelligent and untrained hillbillies with nothing but wooden houses and a few hundred rounds of ammo. But, as long as that's the consensus view, that just means most people are in the dark, which is good for those who are not. :D

Less tin foil hat and more pointing out the double standard.

Soo... where is the other half of the double standard? "Don't take X from me, I need it for ____ reason."

And when did the gun-control debate leak onto "Save Paragon City" forums?
Blue Pulsar - 50 nrg/kin def - first toon - Liberty
Bane of Lanur - 52 nec/dark MM - Main vill - Liberty
Destan H. - 53 SS/FA brute - Farm/PvP hybrid - Freedom
Destan's Fury - 53 StJ/Regen brute - PvPer - Freedom
Destan's Shadow Gang - 53 Thug/Dark MM - PvPer - Freedom

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2013, 05:14:42 AM »
I think I've figured out who Joshex really is!

<.< >.> <.< O.O O.o o.O ;D

I am an annoymous entity that lives on the internet, my server resides deep in the depths of a planet asteroid in a star system near the andromeda galaxy. I have merged with alien organisms and grown tentacles.

I smirk with a grin at your attempt to unravel me but any name I use online is probably not really me. I have actually been using this alias 'Joshex' for a very long time it actually is my real name after being subjected to a type of encryption that I developed.
There is always another way. But it might not work exactly like you may desire.

A wise old rabbit once told me "Never give-up!, Trust your instincts!" granted the advice at the time led me on a tripped-out voyage out of an asteroid belt, but hey it was more impressive than a bunch of rocks and space monkies.

Blue Pulsar

• Boss
  • Epic Mediocrity
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2013, 05:18:24 AM »
I have actually been using this alias 'Joshex' for a very long time it actually is my real name after being subjected to a type of encryption that I developed.

You mean the kind where you put in your real name and it adds "ex" to the end of it? :P
Blue Pulsar - 50 nrg/kin def - first toon - Liberty
Bane of Lanur - 52 nec/dark MM - Main vill - Liberty
Destan H. - 53 SS/FA brute - Farm/PvP hybrid - Freedom
Destan's Fury - 53 StJ/Regen brute - PvPer - Freedom
Destan's Shadow Gang - 53 Thug/Dark MM - PvPer - Freedom

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2013, 05:19:40 AM »
We never act on it.  But the thoughts are there.  The knowlege is there.  We just don't do it.  That's the only, slim difference between sane and insane, when you get down to it... DID you do it.  Not would you.  Not could you.   Because that's what you're talkin' about... predetermination of who's really honestly going to be insane enough to go on a killing spree, without having any shred of actual proof they'd go through with it beforehand.

Heh... if there were even some kind of project going on that had a model for predicting who might become a mass-murderer, they're probably getting a mind-blowing record number of false positives. Cerebro's map of the U.S. would be lit up like a Christmas tree.

srmalloy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2013, 05:39:05 AM »

As [opposed to the government's position that "guns like these are much too dangerous and inappropriate for you to be allowed to have for your own defense, but they're perfectly safe and appropriate for us to arm our bodyguards with to protect us"?

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2013, 05:48:12 AM »
Gentlemen, we are all loosing sight of the real issue here, now I hope you don't think I'm setting myself up as some self elected leader or anything, but the issue is one we must face.

What are we going to call ourselves?

one option is "the league against salavating monsters"

and my personal favorite is "Committee Liberation Infavor of Terrifying Organisms and thier Rehabilitation Into Society"

theres only one drawback to that plan, the abbreviation is Clitoris.

sorry had to say that..

ok back onto the main topic, someone tried to close city of heroes, and now no one wants to say who or why.

hmm

hmmmmmm............ that sounds vaguely familiar, doesn't a certain president of a certain united states ALWAYS pull his latest agendas in this fashion?

could it be that obama's kids were playing CoH too much and ignoring thier school work and so thier dad forced NCSoft to close it so his kids could focus on homework?

A wise old rabbit once told me "Never give-up!, Trust your instincts!" granted the advice at the time led me on a tripped-out voyage out of an asteroid belt, but hey it was more impressive than a bunch of rocks and space monkies.

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2013, 05:48:49 AM »
1 decent sized army who at best can only get access to shot guns and semi-auto rifles... vs. the most technologically-advanced military in the world. They probably wouldn't even need to use troops, just a couple drones.

Well some people that work with the government is just as "crazy", used in a loose manner, as those people. And the weapon black market is alive and well especially here. The weapons of all sorts come across that border each day by the semi-truck load. One guy got recently busted. Another one was legit. But even the police say they only probably catch less than 1% of the weapons that come across, everything from fully auto AKs, AR-15s with and without the M203 attachment, this weapon that is called a bullpup or something (my gun crazy (but class-3 legal and responsible gun builder/owner has one and it's one cool looking gun. He;s building a functional Halo styled gun, he is almost done and it fires but he's doing more body work.). It goes beyond shotguns and automatics. We have the most technological advanced military yes, but look at how much trouble we had and have with a few crazed AK wielding nutcases in Iraq and Afghanistan. We got our butts handed to us in Nam from gurilla warfare. Technology only carry a military so far. If our current wars enemy were uniformed persons and an actual organized military, hell yeah we would murder them. But we are weak against guerilla warfare. Sure we could turn them into a parking lot, but why havent we? Politics. And they barely give a crap about those citizens. Now imagine out own people, politics will just bungle it and probably wont use the full power of the military at all and still not train for guerilla warfare. Too much depended on technology that might be used for worse case scenario. It's cool that we have missles that can target a flea off a dog's back that cost tax payers 300 mill a pop, and drones and the likes and nuclear weapons, but they forget that enemies dont line up in neat lines like the redcoats used to do.
Speaking of drones, a hacker just recently hacked into a base's UAV Drone control. DoD was none too pleased, especially when they found out it was a 14 year old kid using a PC in his mom's living room.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2013, 06:53:35 AM »
We've somehow gotten away from tin foil hat silly conspiracy theories into the politics of guns. And one thing I know that causes flamewars on forums is politics. So let's just stop that right there and get back to tin foil. Don't make me turn this thread around! I'll do it, so help me! Just ask your father!
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2013, 07:06:22 AM »
ooops. got a tad carried away.

Sooo...where did I put that dang blasted foil hat?

Electric-Knight

• Elite Boss
  • E-K and Malfaz taking a break, drinking tea
    • www.pauldamonthomas.com
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2013, 08:04:36 AM »
I vote for the name the Paragonian People's Front!

--
"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever."
- Baron Munchausen

http://www.pauldamonthomas.com/

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2013, 08:23:38 AM »
ooops. got a tad carried away.

Sooo...where did I put that dang blasted foil hat?

I'd make you one, but I used up all my tin foil making mine. :-\

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2013, 05:03:20 PM »
And I will continue to delete posts that stick to the guns/politics angle.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

srmalloy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2013, 06:46:26 PM »
I vote for the name the Paragonian People's Front!

...which will, of course, be eternally in conflict with the People's Front of Paragon...

;D

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2013, 07:20:26 PM »
Who else here thinks the government has so many drones now because they took all the ones from Coh?

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2013, 09:48:10 PM »
I still think it was some political person's kids that were playing CoH all the time and thier grades were suffering so thier parents silently talked to buddies in business and wormed thier way into forcing NCsoft to shut down the game. and then told them to keep quiet about it because "if people knew about my selfish action hurting so many people for the sake of my own kids education and due to my lack of ability to control my own children, that would make me look bad"

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2013, 09:55:17 PM »
Nah they would just blame it on Bush

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2013, 10:10:55 PM »
Nah they would just blame it on Bush
Where is the "thank" button when you need it!?

HarvesterOfEyes

• Lieutenant
  • Mine is to collect from the wicked.
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2013, 10:16:55 PM »
I'd just be curious to know what proportion of posters to this thread have ever actually touched tin foil.

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2013, 10:25:19 PM »
Where is the "thank" button when you need it!?

lol the scapegoat method is soo 2001 instead of blaming it on one person they ahve realized that people were getting wise to that, case how cold one person be responsible for all this stuff that it says other people actually did? so they now use the broad 'blame your enemies' method aka "it's the republican's fault"

meh.. the circus is back in town oh caesar, the clowns are really putting on a show, wont you watch?

I'd just be curious to know what proportion of posters to this thread have ever actually touched tin foil.

every day. every day..