Author Topic: with the way things are going..  (Read 19188 times)

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
Re: with the way things are going..
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2013, 12:07:40 AM »
I'd just be curious to know what proportion of posters to this thread have ever actually touched tin foil.

Got a roll that was made around the WW2 era when they was destoying an old building on an military installation. Apparently it was a long forgotten storage unit.

I noticed that it was stiffer than the usual foil but may have been due to age and also left a metallic taste on food after a while (dont ask! but yes Vodka had something to do with that).

Blue Pulsar

• Boss
  • Epic Mediocrity
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2013, 12:47:07 AM »
Got a roll that was made around the WW2 era when they was destoying an old building on an military installation. Apparently it was a long forgotten storage unit.

I noticed that it was stiffer than the usual foil but may have been due to age and also left a metallic taste on food after a while (dont ask! but yes Vodka had something to do with that).

Tin foil from that era was actually made of either tin or steel. Now-a-days it's aluminum which is much lighter, more malleable, and less oxidizing. The last part is probably what was probably responsible for your food, which is why most steel cans are aluminized or galvanized today and soda cans (holding acidic soft drinks) are made with an alloy that is about 70% aluminum.

Edit: Though you told me not to ask, I'm still very curious as to why you would use something so old on your food... But, I won't ask.
Blue Pulsar - 50 nrg/kin def - first toon - Liberty
Bane of Lanur - 52 nec/dark MM - Main vill - Liberty
Destan H. - 53 SS/FA brute - Farm/PvP hybrid - Freedom
Destan's Fury - 53 StJ/Regen brute - PvPer - Freedom
Destan's Shadow Gang - 53 Thug/Dark MM - PvPer - Freedom

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2013, 03:00:18 AM »
I'd just be curious to know what proportion of posters to this thread have ever actually touched tin foil.
I used to make tin foil masks when I was a kid.

It was hard to see out of them though...

Edit: Though you told me not to ask, I'm still very curious as to why you would use something so old on your food... But, I won't ask.

Subtle. Very subtle.  8)
Hope never abandons you, you abandon it. - George Weinberg

Hope ... is not a feeling; it is something you do. - Katherine Paterson

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy. - Cynthia Nelms

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2013, 03:42:28 AM »
Tin foil from that era was actually made of either tin or steel. Now-a-days it's aluminum which is much lighter, more malleable, and less oxidizing. The last part is probably what was probably responsible for your food, which is why most steel cans are aluminized or galvanized today and soda cans (holding acidic soft drinks) are made with an alloy that is about 70% aluminum.

Sometimes after a half bottle of vodka, I come up with the "greatests" of all ideas. Though never got to the point of saying "watch this". As those are usually famous last words before waking up in hospital.  ;D

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2013, 03:07:55 PM »
hi...

I'm sorry, but one tin foil hat will not be enough for me, I'm going to have to layer it on here...

Bleach, fighting back against evil oppressors, thats what bleach is about, and... this year only shortly after CoH shut down bleach episode production was effectively cancelled and the show was bought by the rerun studio TV Osaka and no information has been given about then even running it. it seems to me that the NWO doesn't want any sort of media that encourages people to fight against evils. the descision to fully cancel production of bleach didnt come until recently after japan pledged full support to the USA... gee is that a coincidence? I think not.

One peice, many of you know that onepeice is also a manga TV series by the same manga author. Now why wasn't it shut down? simple, the law and order in the onepeice show is the marines and their goal isnt to over throw the marines just become king of the pirates. so effectively the NWO doesn't give a S$#@ about onepeice.

Google, I really hope we know what we're doing, google is a big company after all... they could possibly have ties with the NWO, if thats the case, the only reason they might buy it is because NCSoft is not completely able to legally keep the IP to CoH securely shut down, I.E. someone can buy it or someone can sue for it ETC. but if google buys it and sits on it thats a different story, having never run the game they are not liable to be sued and have every reason to not sell.. I suppose thats the downside of hitting up the big companies first, you have to take a chance that they aren't in league with the evils in the world that be.
There is always another way. But it might not work exactly like you may desire.

A wise old rabbit once told me "Never give-up!, Trust your instincts!" granted the advice at the time led me on a tripped-out voyage out of an asteroid belt, but hey it was more impressive than a bunch of rocks and space monkies.

Waffles

• Elite Boss
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2013, 09:19:06 PM »

Mister Bison

• Elite Boss
  • *psychotic grin*
« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2013, 09:29:02 PM »
I remember a forumite's post about the announced 21st of december catastrophe, turning out to be a dud, actually was quite the catastrophe. Let me apply it to conspiracies and image it to you:

All the rumours, theories and fears of conspiracies out there hide indeed a far more horrible truth.

That is that the only true conspiracy is this.
Yeeessss....

Mister Bison

• Elite Boss
  • *psychotic grin*
« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2013, 09:29:37 PM »
Here is a second post to point out that the post above is not missing anything.
Yeeessss....

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2013, 09:32:22 PM »
I remember a forumite's post about the announced 21st of december catastrophe, turning out to be a dud, actually was quite the catastrophe. Let me apply it to conspiracies and image it to you:

All the rumours, theories and fears of conspiracies out there hide indeed a far more horrible truth.

All of these words are English, but they combine to make no sense. ???
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Mister Bison

• Elite Boss
  • *psychotic grin*
« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2013, 09:48:42 PM »
All of these words are English, but they combine to make no sense. ???
Maybe because you only see what you can see. You probably think "something is missing", to that I'd made is clear "nothing is missing"

(or is my drift too hard to catch ?)
Yeeessss....

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2013, 11:12:21 PM »

So, the true conspiracy is that there are no conspiracies?
Hope never abandons you, you abandon it. - George Weinberg

Hope ... is not a feeling; it is something you do. - Katherine Paterson

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy. - Cynthia Nelms

Rotten Luck

• Elite Boss
  • "I'd rather go out a hero than a coward."
« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2013, 12:04:32 AM »
More of a slight of hand trick.  Create a Fake conspiracy to hide a True conspiracy.  Or another way...

To hide Alien contact, stories of being taken by aliens and going to Mars/Venus, some other place get told.  By the time a person hears a real Alien story they are desensitize to alien kidnapping stories. 

I wrote a story about Area 51 being a prison for Superpowered people.  The Government Fakes UFO sightings there to hide the fact it's a Prison.
One way or another... Heroes will fly again!

Megajoule

• Lieutenant
« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2013, 01:17:01 AM »
It is perversely more comforting, to many, to imagine that there are those who are capable of comprehending and guiding the fantastically complex world that we live in to their own secret ends, than to accept the more probable reality:  that there's no God or secret puppetmasters at the wheel, the world is too big and complicated for any one person to understand, and that everyone is bumbling along more or less at random, following our own selfish agendas that sometimes bump into each other.
(Oh, and not only are you not important enough to try to deceive, but in fact no one outside your immediate circle knows or cares that you exist.)

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2013, 10:34:45 AM »
It is perversely more comforting, to many, to imagine that there are those who are capable of comprehending and guiding the fantastically complex world that we live in to their own secret ends, than to accept the more probable reality:  that there's no God or secret puppetmasters at the wheel, the world is too big and complicated for any one person to understand, and that everyone is bumbling along more or less at random, following our own selfish agendas that sometimes bump into each other.
(Oh, and not only are you not important enough to try to deceive, but in fact no one outside your immediate circle knows or cares that you exist.)

I agree.  Even if there was one person controlling everything.  There are things out their floating around in space that would make us so gosh darn dead so fast NWO, lizard people, or the replaced Paul Mccartney couldn't do anything about it. Bunkers can't save you from space!  Too many things are out of our control for someone/something to be in total control.

Captain Electric

• Elite Boss
  • Crime doesn't pay, evildoers!
    • CoH Faces Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2013, 10:44:41 AM »
You know...

I WANT TO BELIEVE.

But those darn UFO nuts keep telling me I'm just being paranoid about the existence of military stealth aircraft projects.

Rotten Luck

• Elite Boss
  • "I'd rather go out a hero than a coward."
« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2013, 04:20:52 PM »
Me I believe people try.  Key word is TRY.

Human nature is well... human nature, someone somewhere will always try to take over.  Even from inside some kind of NWO you will have brown nosers and back stabbers trying to be the big boss.  You also have gossiping and whispers and people who leak stuff just to leak.

Lets take an example.  The closes to such a group order could be the USSR and Nazi Germany.  Both groups had assassinations attempts, plots within plots, and groups spying on there own members. 

An order that is clever wouldn't want to take over.  Much better to manipulate and siphon power then weld it.  Think about the history of the world how many Leaders were in fact led by external pressures.  This human nature will also apply to any NWO order or conspiracy will face the same problems.  Who ever pulls the strings will have strings being pulled on them from one section of the order or another. 

Group Drama not only happens in Guilds and Super groups   :) 

Drama it's saving the world because we can't stand each other long enough to rule the world.
One way or another... Heroes will fly again!

Waffles

• Elite Boss
« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2013, 08:25:30 PM »
Maybe because you only see what you can see. You probably think "something is missing", to that I'd made is clear "nothing is missing"

(or is my drift too hard to catch ?)

I need scissors, 61.

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #57 on: March 09, 2013, 10:28:55 PM »
Me I believe people try.  Key word is TRY.

Human nature is well... human nature, someone somewhere will always try to take over.  Even from inside some kind of NWO you will have brown nosers and back stabbers trying to be the big boss.  You also have gossiping and whispers and people who leak stuff just to leak.
"Three people can keep a secret if two of them are dead."
So far so good. Onward and upward!

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2013, 05:40:20 AM »
then someone tell me why everything that is about good fighting evil is being dumbed down to make people think evil is good?

lets take a look at the new castlvania for the 3DS for example, the old castlevania stories stressed that dracula was an evil sorcerer and the belmont's were superhumans, it was originally a clash between clans or families.

now in the 3DS castlevania apparently dracula is the father of simon belmont and christopher.... they even called him gabriel belmont.. what a name...

that and the game title  and content has been obscurred, the title reads castlevania: the adventure reborn, castlevania the adventure was a game for the original gameboy starring christopher belmont, now the remake will star simon belmont (from the NES games) instead, simon... well, simon was lame...

what can one do against such savage evil and overall stupidity of game developers?

well, I for one think the only way to show them thier game ideas are lame is to A not buy it and B make something better to 'show them up'.

I am in the process of doing B right now and will be doing A without a doubt.

seriously, dracula a belmont? what pothead came up with that in the scrum session?

plus the game is a 3D sidescroller... such a waste of time and effort.. my opinion if you're gonna make something 3D then don't lollygag around it and make it a 2D/3D environment, go all out! but no that would mean extra work and less over all graphics quality due to having to actually model the faces opposite the screen and the backgrounds instead of only modeling the foreground and pasting pictures in the BG..

rant asside the main point is every thing I love is turning into garbage or being cancelled.. mainly cause I like heroic stuff and someone out there seems to 'have it in' for heroic stuff *emulates thier motions of pointing at the picture of a hero and making a motion of slitting thier throat*

not to bad mouth konami, I hold thier company in high regards, but who ever made that game... they need to be laid off, badly.. they have uncannoned the whole series and made it lame, but with good graphics and bad voice acting??!
There is always another way. But it might not work exactly like you may desire.

A wise old rabbit once told me "Never give-up!, Trust your instincts!" granted the advice at the time led me on a tripped-out voyage out of an asteroid belt, but hey it was more impressive than a bunch of rocks and space monkies.

Golden Girl

• One Liners and Winky Faces
  • Elite Boss
    • Heroes and Villains
« Reply #59 on: March 10, 2013, 06:33:32 AM »
Not sure if serious...
"Heroes and Villains" website - http://www.heroes-and-villains.com
"Heroes and Villains" on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/HeroesAndVillainsMMORPG
"Heroes and Villains" on Twitter - https://twitter.com/Plan_Z_Studios
"Heroes and Villains" teaser trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnjKqNPfFv8
Artwork - http://goldengirlcoh.deviantart.com