Author Topic: Kinda need an update. What are our orders, V.V.?  (Read 4176 times)

Blue Pulsar

• Boss
  • Epic Mediocrity
Kinda need an update. What are our orders, V.V.?
« on: February 03, 2013, 03:01:40 AM »
I've not been on the forums in a few days, so I need to ask. What should we being doing right now? Are we still supposed to be mailing Disney? Or are we supposed to be preparing packages to send to the next target? If so, what are the addresses, names, etc?

Sorry if this is mentioned somewhere else. I've kinda been out of the loop for a bit.
Blue Pulsar - 50 nrg/kin def - first toon - Liberty
Bane of Lanur - 52 nec/dark MM - Main vill - Liberty
Destan H. - 53 SS/FA brute - Farm/PvP hybrid - Freedom
Destan's Fury - 53 StJ/Regen brute - PvPer - Freedom
Destan's Shadow Gang - 53 Thug/Dark MM - PvPer - Freedom

Lily Barclay

• Elite Boss
Re: Kinda need an update. What are our orders, V.V.?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 05:08:54 AM »
V.V. is recovering from a rather terrible bout of the flu, and last I heard, we are still waiting to hear from her Google friend. I think we are currently in limbo. Though I don't see how it could hurt to still send stuff to Disney if you are so inclined.

Blue Pulsar

• Boss
  • Epic Mediocrity
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 06:52:18 AM »
I did read quite a bit of her thread about her having the flu. I was only asking for an update. Also, I was not expecting a quick answer. Just one whenever she can get to it, since she has still been on the forums quite a bit even since she had the flu.

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 04:53:58 PM »
I think as soon as she's got new orders to give, we'll have them. I'd recommend sticking to the existing ones of dropping Disney a line (or another one) until we're told any different :)

Soon as there's another plan, you guys'll be the first to know.
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013, 02:34:13 AM »
For the first time I got out of the house and actually managed to do things without needing to sit down and rest every few minutes.

Today I pinged my contact at Google for an update as well. 

Meanwhile, keep pushing Disney.  Ironwolf (I think) gave a very good breakdown on how long it takes someone at a major corporation to actually get to the point of ACTING on something they are considering.  According to his breakdown, we would be at the stage of a CEO assigning a flunky to look into this.  More noise at this point is good for that, the flunky would be the one getting the letters passed on to him at this point.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Blue Pulsar

• Boss
  • Epic Mediocrity
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2013, 03:51:25 AM »
For the first time I got out of the house and actually managed to do things without needing to sit down and rest every few minutes.

Awesome, V.V.  Great to hear that you are recovering. :D

Meanwhile, keep pushing Disney.  Ironwolf (I think) gave a very good breakdown on how long it takes someone at a major corporation to actually get to the point of ACTING on something they are considering.  According to his breakdown, we would be at the stage of a CEO assigning a flunky to look into this.  More noise at this point is good for that, the flunky would be the one getting the letters passed on to him at this point.

Thanks for the update. This is what I needed to know. ;)

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2013, 11:28:23 PM »
Did sending masks to Disney, like we did to NCSoft, ever gain traction? I seem to recall it being discussed.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2013, 02:21:50 AM »
Did sending masks to Disney, like we did to NCSoft, ever gain traction? I seem to recall it being discussed.

No reason why not
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

TargetOne

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2013, 01:31:46 AM »
The flu is teh suck. I got it three weeks ago, and I'm just now FINALLY getting over the lingering cough-that-will-not-die. :P

Get well, VV!