Author Topic: A simple Request.  (Read 2099 times)

Rotten Luck

• Elite Boss
  • "I'd rather go out a hero than a coward."
A simple Request.
« on: February 03, 2013, 07:57:41 PM »
Playing Champions Online and trying to figure out the build system.  I try the Powerhouse web site build designer...

I NEED MIDS!  Mids system was a lot easier to understand, and I can see the stats of the build.  Is there anyway the powers that be here on the TITAN network could figure out how to make a better Build Designer for Champions.

Mids... another victim of our loss.
One way or another... Heroes will fly again!

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
Re: A simple Request.
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 11:08:56 PM »
ah mids. I thought Mids was awesome, although I never used it. It seemed to be more for min/maxers but I found it a little helpful for even someone as casual as me. I heard some complaints baout mids being too complicated and only good for maxing out a build, but hey, different people different understanding.

For me, science is easy, all the way down to how atoms form molecules and how they interact with one another to form different chemicals and the reaction between chemicals. While others find it dead hard but find creating Apple apps dead simple and I cant even recreate an App with pong simplicity.

The powerhouse build thing in CO is easier for me and seemed aimed for the casual player more so than COX. Then again, playing a game for 8+ years, and it's builder of course it will be more simple than having to switch and re-learn a whole new system. The CO powerhouse website is a work in progress. We tend to forget that even mids was a wrok in progress at one point and all of the features that it currently had after all these COX issues were not there in the beginning or even in the first few years.

Buuuut...I think someone can build a true Mids version for CO like they did with COX. I cant do it because that is something that is hard for me to do. While to the Mids creator it probably was easy with the hardest part organizing the data and building the website.

What is hellish hard to one is dead simple to another.

UruzSix

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 05:04:17 PM »
There's still a lot in the system that's (both figuratively and literally) Cryptic. I have a better understanding of how everything works, but putting it all in a package like Mids' is going to be a huge undertaking. There is CO-Forge, but its a one-man show from what I understand and there's still a lot more of the system to figure out.

On the other hand, the game is easy enough that as long as you stick to a few basic rules you can pretty much rock with any freeform build.

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 05:48:10 AM »
There's still a lot in the system that's (both figuratively and literally) Cryptic. I have a better understanding of how everything works, but putting it all in a package like Mids' is going to be a huge undertaking. There is CO-Forge, but its a one-man show from what I understand and there's still a lot more of the system to figure out.

On the other hand, the game is easy enough that as long as you stick to a few basic rules you can pretty much rock with any freeform build.
yeah