Author Topic: Pondering a story about the Freedom Phalanx in the Earth 2 DC 52 Universe Style  (Read 2079 times)

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss

Hi, all.

On the COH Forums, I was Blue Battler. :D

I wrote a fair number of stories about the NPC Characters and something that's been kicking around in my head recently has been the idea of doing a Freedom Phalanx story in the Style of DC Comics' recent Earth 2 Comic.

I have some basic ideas for Statesman, Maiden Justice, Miss and Ms. Liberty, Positron, and Synapse. I also have a couple ideas of things that would involve the Kheldians and the Circle of Thorns.

And Recluse and Nemesis. :D

Those of you who read my stories in the Role Playing Forum probably remember that I did my best to make the stories fit the canon as it existed. In this story, I'd be making a fair number of alterations to that canon ... and that sort of reminds me of the story about Washington's ax:

Man has been to Mount Vernon and he stops at a gift store where someone is trying to sell him an ax that he claims Washington used to chop down the famed cherry tree.

"Is that really the ax?" he asked.

"Well, the head's been replaced four times, and the handle five times since then, but it's the same ax that Washington used!"

Soo... thing I'm pondering... how much could I change where it'd still "feel" like a version of Paragon?

And is there interest in reading it? :D

pewlagon

• Boss
If you are talking about a new interpretation of the lore... go for it. I did that for my little corner of the universe and it's working out swimmingly. Granted, I only loosely refer to "another city" populated by heroes, but some origins were tweaked there due to my world being vastly different, originwise. It would be great to see someone actually put something out there. My interpretations are only nods here and there that the characters exist and never by name. I say go for it.

JWBullfrog

• Elite Boss
  • I didn't leave Paragon City. They threw me out!
Go ahead and write it. Even if it's not quite what you were thinking of, it should work out fine.
As long as somebody keeps making up stories for it, the City isn't gone.