Author Topic: Movie Quotes  (Read 211605 times)

Heroette

• Elite Boss
  • Penelope Pistol lives forever in my heart.
Re: Movie Quotes
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2013, 03:41:31 PM »
Same. The original VHS didnt survive them ove so I bought the two disc dvd then something happened to it. Then I bought another set, gave it away after a few weeks to someone who needed it more, then bought one last DVD set. Got old and worn over time, and then eventually bought a digital copy with a back up on a computer that is never ever hooked up to the internet.

I got my special edition dvd and when I don't have anything else I want to watch, I put that on.  But when it came out, I didn't see it in the theatre (just thought the previews looked stupid).  Then I borrowed a vhs copy from a friend and I realized its a really good movie (and yes, Jack dying made me cry).  When they did the re-release last year I saw it in the 3-D version at the theatre and that was a totally different experience.  I coerced my son to go with me and he was really stressed out at the sinking (trapped) scenes and complained to me that I made him go.  LOL.  But I enjoyed it. 

Anyway, back to our regularly scheduled program.....Movie Quotes (and I don't know the last one above).

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2013, 12:05:47 AM »
"Every time I see one of those things I expect to spot some guy dressed in red with horns and a pitchfork."

I believe that was from The Black Hole.

"Cake Baby. You're, Cake Baby."
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

JetFlash

• Boss
« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2013, 06:55:43 PM »
Healix got it, well done.

Had no idea what the cake baby one was, had to look it up, so I won't spoil it.

Instead, I'll post another:

"FEED 'EM? The only thing I got is a wet stick of gum and a breath mint!"

healix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2013, 05:24:22 PM »
"FEED 'EM? The only thing I got is a wet stick of gum and a breath mint!"

Deep Rising

"You are as ugly as an old pot...but you still a child of God."
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Heroette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2013, 04:04:18 PM »
I don't know that quote and I didn't want to cheat and look it up online.  But I have another one (pretty easy probably).

"Service guarantess citizenship"

houtex

• Elite Boss
  • I was the turkey all along! MEE!
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2013, 04:05:32 AM »
Oh yeah, that's be Starship Troopers.  I like that movie, and yes, I know it's way different from the book, but that's ok.  They're both good! [Would you like to know more?]

I don't know Healix's either, and I also don't wanna be That Guy and google it and cheat.

I will leave you with this, however:

"It's about the future, Madame Chancellor!"

healix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2013, 06:07:50 AM »

I think that is from one of the Star Trek movies...

"Through the years I have been known by many names. Diablo Gato, The Furry Lover, Chupa Cabra, Frisky Two Times and then The Gingerhead man."

Heroette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2013, 04:08:01 PM »

"Through the years I have been known by many names. Diablo Gato, The Furry Lover, Chupa Cabra, Frisky Two Times and then The Gingerhead man."

I am not sure of "Its about the future, Madame Chancellor"  but I think of Doctor Who when I hear it (which is not a movie.

Is the Diablo Gato "Puss in Boots"?

JetFlash

• Boss
« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2013, 07:04:05 PM »

Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country, to be exact.

Good show on getting the Deep Rising quote :)

Here's a new one:

"Like your friend you've been a little too clever, and now you are caught!"

healix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2013, 12:59:13 PM »
Thunderball!

"Okay, I know you don't remember me but we're married, and at the birthday party with some pigs and a puppet, the villagers and this boy kept saying 'do the roar! do the roar!' Then I punched the cake that the pigs ate, and the next thing I knew, my donkey fell in your waffle hole."

Heroette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2013, 01:01:58 PM »

"Okay, I know you don't remember me but we're married, and at the birthday party with some pigs and a puppet, the villagers and this boy kept saying 'do the roar! do the roar!' Then I punched the cake that the pigs ate, and the next thing I knew, my donkey fell in your waffle hole."

Wow, I don't even know where to begin on that one.  LOL.

JWBullfrog

• Elite Boss
  • I didn't leave Paragon City. They threw me out!
« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2013, 02:30:28 AM »
Thunderball!

Shreck 3 (?) I know it was a Shreck film just forgot which.

Ok, lets see... hm...

Alright you Primitive Screwheads, listen up! You see this? This... is my boomstick! The twelve-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?
As long as somebody keeps making up stories for it, the City isn't gone.

houtex

• Elite Boss
« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2013, 03:06:36 AM »
Army of Darkness.  That movie is just pure win.

Mine is this:
"A car's a living, breathing thing, and she's alive. Feel it talking to you. Telling you what she wants, what she needs. All you gotta do is listen. Close your eyes and listen."

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2013, 02:27:32 PM »
I gotta say a few things first before i play. 1. Yay for the return of Heroette!!! (it's me, @kristoff von gelmini) 2. I'd gotten all sad and despondent and mostly wandered away, but I have a new tune in my heart and it's something like "I Want My MTV" by Dire Straits only with CoH instead.  3. Healer to Healer, I blame Healix for bringing me back to Titan rather than the "grown-up" stuff I was working on (it was way less fun.)  Things I learned from City of Heroes included which AT to blame; too often people tried to pin it on the Tanker or anything other than their lack of teamwork, but in this case I'm gonna blame the DEF!!!!   ;)  On to play time.... Game in!!

Shreck 3 (?) I know it was a Shreck film just forgot which.

Ok, lets see... hm...

Alright you Primitive Screwheads, listen up! You see this? This... is my boomstick! The twelve-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?
Is that from Bowling for Columbine?   (I guess I could google it etc, but that feels like cheating - OR, LOL, am I missing the point?)

I don't have a clue re: the movie line quote that precedes my post here; however, overall I want once again to Thank Heroette!!  (She was always one of my favorite Justice heroes) and otherwise note that this thread is the Stuff Dreams Are Made Of....   (I bet that's one's too easy.)     8)
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

healix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #54 on: March 17, 2013, 02:47:35 PM »
"Look what I have created. I have made FIRE. I HAVE MADE FIRE!"

Heroette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2013, 03:25:37 PM »
Hello Kristoff!!!!  I sure do miss teaming with you and I am glad to see you back on the forums!  ;D  (I miss CoH so much and everyone else too).

Now, even though I am the OP of this thread, I realize that I don't know as many quotes as I thought I did but thats ok.  I am glad that people are playing.

And of the last few, I don't know either (and I won't cheat and look it up online, even though some times I am tempted to).

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #56 on: March 17, 2013, 06:03:40 PM »

Um, I am going to guess this is from the movie Quest for Fire - but I'll admit it's just a guess and only because it came up on conversation with a friend the other night who mentioned it was a favorite movie; otherwise I probably wouldn't even think of it at all.

*steps sideways, and mostly avoids a dreadful, off-color pun about "making water"* then clicks Preview and Post before digging myself in any deeper in the kimchee.
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #57 on: March 17, 2013, 06:07:08 PM »
Hello Kristoff!!!!  I sure do miss teaming with you and I am glad to see you back on the forums!  ;D  (I miss CoH so much and everyone else too).

Now, even though I am the OP of this thread, I realize that I don't know as many quotes as I thought I did but thats ok.  I am glad that people are playing.

And of the last few, I don't know either (and I won't cheat and look it up online, even though some times I am tempted to).
Hello, Hello, Heroette!!!!  Thank you, Thank you, dear, for saving one of the very last CoH dances for me! (At least until game gets rezzed.)  Yay for Penelope Pistol and my (rather generic but sparkly pretty) Capt Aqua!   :D

Modifying to fix typos including an omitted word and also to note yes, i miss PEOPLE the most from COH, and am spending lots of time blogging, emailing and even phoning old COH friends today.  Thank you, Titans on Titan Network forums, for being so inspiring!   8)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 06:20:01 PM by johnrobey »

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #58 on: March 17, 2013, 06:50:39 PM »
A lot of these are honestly beyond me, but I think I got a couple of 'em.

"A car's a living, breathing thing, and she's alive. Feel it talking to you. Telling you what she wants, what she needs. All you gotta do is listen. Close your eyes and listen."

Gone in 60 Seconds. Randall "Memphis" Raines is referring to the legendary Eleanor.

Castaway. Tom "Looks Like a Caveman in This Movie" Hanks is referring to the legendary... umm... fire. *weak grin*

How about "Forget the fat lady! You're obsessed with the fat lady! Just get us out of here!"

houtex

• Elite Boss
« Reply #59 on: March 17, 2013, 07:04:02 PM »
I... don't think so, Trip.  I got my quote from a totally different movie.  Hm...

Oh, You stole my Cast Away line guess.. *shakes fist*

IDK the fat lady one... Not gonna cheat though.