Author Topic: Help Guy Pefect (the Sentinel/Sentinel+ Guy)  (Read 75052 times)

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
Re: Help Guy Pefect (the Sentinel/Sentinel+ Guy)
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2013, 12:48:07 AM »
Well I think I can pony up enough gas money to get you most of the way across Arizona.  I mean you did once say I had a turnip for a brain, but on the other hand, jeez, Arizona.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2013, 01:13:47 AM »
Well I think I can pony up enough gas money to get you most of the way across Arizona.  I mean you did once say I had a turnip for a brain, but on the other hand, jeez, Arizona.
But it's a hell of a turnip!
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

GuyPerfect

• Mary Poppins
  • Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2013, 01:17:35 AM »
Wowza, thanks a lot guys. Each donation in is a sigh of relief, and you guys are making me hyperventilate! (That joke made more sense in my head)

Did you at least get to keep the chains for the van since they had that "return them if you don't use them before April 1" policy?

I still have the chains, but there aren't any Les Schwabs in Texas. I'd easily spend the amount of the refund just shipping them back.

Settling in the Dallas/Fort Worth area by chance? Atlantea also lives around here, not to out him or anything.  ;D

That's precisely my destination. Well, North Richland Hills.

I suspect that he'll reach Barstow in the next 30 to 60 minutes, where he'll probably check back in.

Guilty as charged! Also, charged $3 for internet. Eesh.

To drivers in California: stop. Make the world a better place. There are these things called "traffic laws" and "following distance" (I'm totally not joking!), so it's a wonder so many of you were awarded licenses to drive. |-:

I mean you did once say I had a turnip for a brain, but on the other hand, jeez, Arizona.

That doesn't sound like me. I'm much more a raddish kind of person.

Philly Girl

• Underling
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2013, 01:18:37 AM »
I gave a lil bit as a ty for the sentinal + good luck with the move and hopefully one of the offers for a place to stay works out.

therain93

• Elite Boss
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2013, 01:39:17 AM »
Made a donation -- I chalk it up as money I haven't given to NCsoft since December....jerks  (NCsoft, not titan folks! ; ' )
Best of luck in the move!
@Texarkana - March 5, 2004 - December 1, 2012 -- Imageshack |-| Youtube
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You don't know what it's like.... |-| Book One. Chapter one...

Kheprera

• Elite Boss
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2013, 02:00:17 AM »
Word of note: as of Jan 1st all toll roads are by mail. I am unsure how they'll send toll fees in a case like this, but if you can avoid the tollways, do so.

Watch small towns, because you know the DPS and local Sheriffs are watching you, with radar.

I'm in Austin, lived in Dallas and Richardson, have friends in Denton. Seeing if I can find you crash space.

FWIW: Reaper Miniatures (www.reapermini.com) is in Denton. Great group, some were CoH players. Gamer friends at the ready if you need a place to start.

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2013, 06:04:23 AM »
Count me in for a donation.

I find great comfort in my Sentinel Plus files.

Captain Electric

• Elite Boss
  • Crime doesn't pay, evildoers!
    • CoH Faces Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2013, 09:11:48 AM »
I was going to spend that money on beer and hookers. But, well I guess since I'm a super hero, you can have it instead. As for crash space, it's unfortunate timing and I wouldn't be able to help in that department. Hopefully Moggie or Kheprera can pull some strings.

So, now there will be at least two City of Heroes people who live in my area! Anyone else here live around Dallas/Fort Worth? We could all have drinks or something. Coffee? Icecream? By the way, Kheprera mentioned Reaper Miniatures. There's also a Games Workshop not too far from North Richland Hills. Lots of great comic book shops around here too. And just in general, you can do a lot of cool things around Dallas on a budget.

Also, get ready and hold on tight, the area you're moving to has had earthquake tremors a few times in the past year. I've felt it three times. No joke! In Texas! I grew up here and have lived here most of my life, and never felt a tremor until several months ago. It was so weird! They have all been tiny and brief, like I'll feel my floor or chair "shrug" to and fro just once, and after a second, it's gone. Apparently Irving is the epicenter, right beneath me. And from what I've learned, it's due to fracking. Fracking! I know, right? What's Battlestar Galactica got to do with any of this? I don't know, man...I just don't know.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2013, 01:43:45 PM »
Anyone else here live around Dallas/Fort Worth?
I was there 1998 to 2008.  (As I've recently discovered, it turns out Codewalker was there during that time frame, too.)
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2013, 03:47:16 PM »
I was going to spend that money on beer and hookers. But, well I guess since I'm a super hero, you can have it instead. As for crash space, it's unfortunate timing and I wouldn't be able to help in that department. Hopefully Moggie or Kheprera can pull some strings.

So, now there will be at least two City of Heroes people who live in my area! Anyone else here live around Dallas/Fort Worth? We could all have drinks or something. Coffee? Icecream? By the way, Kheprera mentioned Reaper Miniatures. There's also a Games Workshop not too far from North Richland Hills. Lots of great comic book shops around here too. And just in general, you can do a lot of cool things around Dallas on a budget.

Also, get ready and hold on tight, the area you're moving to has had earthquake tremors a few times in the past year. I've felt it three times. No joke! In Texas! I grew up here and have lived here most of my life, and never felt a tremor until several months ago. It was so weird! They have all been tiny and brief, like I'll feel my floor or chair "shrug" to and fro just once, and after a second, it's gone. Apparently Irving is the epicenter, right beneath me. And from what I've learned, it's due to fracking. Fracking! I know, right? What's Battlestar Galactica got to do with any of this? I don't know, man...I just don't know.

Actually believe it or not, earthquakes happen many times in many places people dont think about. You are probably feeling an earthquake. They say Memphis, TN and other cities along the Mississippi river get earthquakes over 1000 times a year. Most are not noticable beyond the measuring equipment, others barely can be felt and not felt by the average person. April 2003 for example, a 4.9 hit the morth east part of GA all the way down and felt in downtown Atlanta. While a 4.9 is small, it shows that LA is not the only place that moves.

I'm in Texas by definition for tax and voting district purposes, but really it's Mexico. Good ol El Paso and Dallas is about a 10-12 hour drive depending on what side of Dallas. I'm closer to LA, three states over, than Dallas which is in the same state as ELP.

blackjak

• Elite Boss
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2013, 05:05:40 PM »
Actually believe it or not, earthquakes happen many times in many places people dont think about. You are probably feeling an earthquake. They say Memphis, TN and other cities along the Mississippi river get earthquakes over 1000 times a year. Most are not noticable beyond the measuring equipment, others barely can be felt and not felt by the average person. April 2003 for example, a 4.9 hit the morth east part of GA all the way down and felt in downtown Atlanta. While a 4.9 is small, it shows that LA is not the only place that moves.

I'm in Texas by definition for tax and voting district purposes, but really it's Mexico. Good ol El Paso and Dallas is about a 10-12 hour drive depending on what side of Dallas. I'm closer to LA, three states over, than Dallas which is in the same state as ELP.
Believe it or not, there is a major fault line along the Mississippi there. Legend around here says it made the Mississippi flow backwards once hundreds of years ago. Here in AR and (I believe) Ohio, we've gotten many more quakes in the central/northern area of the state. Non-fault ones, that is, and it is from natural gas well fracking. Strong enough ones to knock stuff off of shelves. My hypothesis, for here at least, is that that area is riddled with huge cavern systems (many are tourist attractions). I figure that these guys are fracking into unknown cavern systems and collapsing them. That would cause some seismic activity I'm sure, since I have been in two cavern that were 7+ stories high. They've probably ruined some treasures down there.

Oh yeah....I hope to scrape up some fundage for the pot. Hope things are still looking up for you, Guy.
Virtue: Moonsun, Dynamo Jr., Crimson Fury, Sabre Kat, Double Sixxes, Quantum Stranger, Mystic Kirin, Pink.Eye Champion: Blackjak, Redwing Blackbird Justice: Shield Marshal Guardian: White Talon Triumph: Gosuto Union: Stellar Girl

Archiviste

• Underling
    • My City of Heroes' characters
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2013, 05:34:52 PM »
Sent a few bucks your way, Guy (well, actually TonyV's and the Titan Network's way....).

Hope everything will turn out all right.
If you're going through hell, keep going.
- Winston Churchill

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2013, 05:38:39 PM »
Believe it or not, there is a major fault line along the Mississippi there. Legend around here says it made the Mississippi flow backwards once hundreds of years ago.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Madrid_Seismic_Zone

The amount of energy stored in that fault line will put anything out in CA to shame the next time it cuts loose.  Fortunately, that doesn't happen very often.  Unfortunately, the US Geological Survey thinks there's about a 10% chance that thing's going to slip again in the next 50 years - which could result in thousands of casualties in the Memphis area alone.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin

atanman1104

• Underling
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2013, 05:39:19 PM »
Donated some money to the cause; should be enough for about half a tank of gas and a decent meal.

But if you're headed through Phoenix, Guy, and you need a place to crash, I could send you my contact info. I've got a comfy couch (my guest bed is, uh, not at home - don't ask), plenty of food in the fridge, and a place to freshen up before hitting the road again.

Happy to help a fellow hero in need!

All the best,
Plas

no hero

• Lieutenant
  • Regens "do it" solo! :)
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2013, 06:40:06 PM »
Done... and to be Done again next month, too!
Safe travels fellow Hero.

I was going to spend that money on beer and hookers. But, well I guess since I'm a super hero, you can have it instead.
Mine was slotted for Red Bull and LEGOS.
Samantha:  "I have to ask you a question. It's a good one so think about it. If a Player and a Game love each other, but they just can't seem to get it together, when do you get to that point of enough is enough?"

Jerry:  "Never."

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2013, 08:21:54 PM »
I was going to spend that money on beer and hookers.
If you insist on earmarking, I'm sure Guy would be willing to accommodate you.

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2013, 08:41:55 PM »
Red Bull and LEGOS.

The breakfast of champions! ;D

blackjak

• Elite Boss
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2013, 08:49:13 PM »
The breakfast of champions! ;D
Good Gorilla Grodd!!! That combo is like whiskey and a mine field. Possibly more painful!
Virtue: Moonsun, Dynamo Jr., Crimson Fury, Sabre Kat, Double Sixxes, Quantum Stranger, Mystic Kirin, Pink.Eye Champion: Blackjak, Redwing Blackbird Justice: Shield Marshal Guardian: White Talon Triumph: Gosuto Union: Stellar Girl

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2013, 08:53:00 PM »
Guywatch update, in case you're hoping to vicariously travel with him: He went through Needles, California an hour ago [insert clever reference to Snoopy's brother here] and is well into Arizona now.  I suspect he's passing through, or really close to, Kingman, AZ as I type this.  Still a couple of hours until Flagstaff, and he's hoping to make Gallup, NM by sundown.  I tried to talk him into taking a break and stopping at or at least driving through the Petrified Forest/Painted Desert national park; I went there back in 1997 and it was an awesome sight to behold, but he insists on sticking to the road and not stopping.

Thanks again a ton for all of the help, including the well-wishes.  I think it's really telling how well our community pulls together even now, three months after our game was shut down, that we can pull together like this and help one of our own.  And knowing Guy, I suspect that it will encourage him to redouble his hypothetical efforts on any alleged CoH client-compatible server that may or may not be under development.  Literally the last thing he typed to us before getting underway this morning was, "I want to give them their game back. (-:"  I've told him that I'm supporting him because of all of the help and work he's put in with us and that me pulling for him doesn't have any strings attached, but hey, I won't turn down side development benefits if he wants to even out the karma!  ;)

Kuriositys Kat

• Lieutenant
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2013, 09:07:56 PM »
And Done!  Safe travels, Guy.
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, and somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do!" - The Doctor