Author Topic: Help Guy Pefect (the Sentinel/Sentinel+ Guy)  (Read 74923 times)

Triplash

• Elite Boss
Re: Help Guy Pefect (the Sentinel/Sentinel+ Guy)
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2013, 09:20:56 PM »
Good Gorilla Grodd!!! That combo is like whiskey and a mine field. Possibly more painful!

Well... I was just joking. You don't actually swallow the Red Bull. C'mon now.

SerialBeggar

• Elite Boss
    • Serial Beggar
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2013, 10:50:34 PM »
...and he's hoping to make Gallup, NM by sundown.

Ah, New Mexico.  I own a forested plot at Timberon, NM. 8)  Another eBay win.   :)
Teams are the number one killers of Soloists.

Angelus Animi

• Lieutenant
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2013, 11:27:35 PM »
Done!  Sorry just finally saw this today.  Safe travels  :)

Fantastic Flying Red

• Underling
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2013, 12:08:29 AM »
Guy please check your PM.  I got you a room in Dallas/Irving.

Kheprera

• Elite Boss
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2013, 12:22:55 AM »
I'm not doing it to get my beloved game back, though that would be a bonus.

It really just falls into my plot of assembling the CoH community in one state for our eventual takeover!!!

Muahahaha!

Wait, did I say that out loud?   8)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 01:06:57 AM by Kheprera »

Kriiden

• Lieutenant
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2013, 01:05:39 AM »

First thing: Wow.

Second thing:

Done. Only ten bucks, hopefully it helps. Good luck on your travels guy!

GuyPerfect

• Mary Poppins
  • Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2013, 02:10:04 AM »
Holy wowza, you guys are definitely helping on the financial front. Thanks not just one, but two tons!

I was going to spend that money on beer and hookers.

I was going to joke on this, but it seems others have beaten me to it. )-:

But if you're headed through Phoenix, Guy, and you need a place to crash, I could send you my contact info.

I really appreciate the offer, though I'm in New Mexico now. But still, thanks!

And knowing Guy, I suspect that it will encourage him to redouble his hypothetical efforts on any alleged CoH client-compatible server that may or may not be under development.

Darn you, *I* was going to say that tonight! I had this awesome spiel all worked up!

On an unrelated note (as far as you know), does anyone happen to have reeeeeally old "brawl index" numbers, like from the powers on... oh, let's just pick a completely random point in time... launch day? No reason, just... you know, there could be some things done with the launch numbers.

I got the message, and it sounds great. Though a week isn't much, it's certainly long enough to catch my breath and make other arrangements. I'm really hoping to be nearer North Richland Hills, but beggars can't be choosers. (-:

Captain Electric

• Elite Boss
  • Crime doesn't pay, evildoers!
    • CoH Faces Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2013, 03:20:58 AM »
I'm really hoping to be nearer North Richland Hills, but beggars can't be choosers. (-:

It may actually be pretty close to the mark, depending on where the place in Dallas/Irving is. I was looking at Google Maps last night and it said North Richland Hills was 13 minutes away from Irving around Belt Line Road/Irving Mall/Esters Road (an area where several hotels are that is maybe halfway between North Richland Hills and downtown Dallas). In any case, I wouldn't stress about that first week: it doesn't take too long to get anywhere...unless you're stuck on 635/LBJ Fwy during rush hour. People complain about the highways sometimes around here, but there are always lots of options and "ways to get there" and I don't think they realize how good they have it! If you end up situated near Hwy 183, you're golden. That is like the magic highway. No matter where you're headed, even if it's downtown Dallas, you should be able to get there much faster than you'd expect.

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2013, 03:30:20 AM »
On an unrelated note (as far as you know), does anyone happen to have reeeeeally old "brawl index" numbers, like from the powers on... oh, let's just pick a completely random point in time... launch day? No reason, just... you know, there could be some things done with the launch numbers.
That's likely to be a research project.  The Brawl Index itself was incomplete deep into I2.

I do, however, have both Ian_of_Moore threads archived.  Shoot me an email or something and I can send those to you.  I also have a version of the Powers Quantification Thread, which has some scattered timing measurements for recharge and activation time.  This amused me reading the thread again:

It is my question as to how your numbers, if so close to Prima's, show the real time and Prima is wrong. Would it not seem more likely that if your numbers were that close to theirs, that there is simply some aspect of the game your testing cannot measure? Or that there is a small % of error in your test that you cannot quantify without being on their server and seeing their numbers?

This was addressed kind of to me and kind of to TopDoc, in July of 2005.  And it only took about four years to discover the answer to the question.  We now know mine and TopDoc's and other testers were consistently in the realm of being 0.125s too high because of ArcanaTime.  Ironic because it wasn't an "aspect of the game testing cannot measure" but the reverse: an aspect of the game we all were measuring but couldn't explain.  Blast from the past.

Incidentally, the genesis of the Scale value replacement for Brawl Index numbers is iakona's damage table thread, and we all know where he got that from.  That was posted in February 2006.  It would be almost a year before scale values finally displaced brawl index for all but the last of the hold outs.  That thread might also be interesting to have since it has Iakona's posted values for most of the important tables, except of course there are other ways to get a complete picture of the game's state circa I6-I7.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2013, 04:59:32 AM »
Well I just dug out my copy of the launch client. The good news is that all of the attribute tables and modifier tables are present in classes.bin, though it seems that it wasn't for quite some time after that anyone knew what they meant.

The bad news is that there's no attribmod data clientside (which we already knew, because it first appeared shortly before real numbers were added circa I12). So a launch server would have the same problem that SEGS will eventually face -- recreating all of the power effects from scratch.

At least with the tables you can make an educated guess at the Scales. But yeah, you'll have to extrapolate from whatever information you can dig up in the forum archives. The basic power stats are present and can be gotten easily enough. It looks like the textparser has only changed in fairly minor ways since then, the structure format is quite similar to the ones that your XML schema tool is designed to extract.

Though it does look like all of the *.ms files are included (not even compiled into .bin format), with the contact and storyarc text. Since it's the source files it's even nicely broken down into contact and tasksets, making it slightly easier to figure out which text goes with which missions in order to re-create them.

Still, a lot of things look very similar, albeit more primitive. With our current level of knowledge about how the client works, we could probably rip its code apart in no time. But that's a secondary objective :)

beveri8469

• Boss
  • still inside atlas park hospital waiting to leave
« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2013, 05:38:19 AM »
i sent a few dollars your way. good luck with the move.
@Eternal Twilight
Now in Paragon

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2013, 05:44:44 AM »
still inside atlas park hospital waiting to leave

Heh, I like that!

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2013, 06:10:05 AM »
Here you go Guy, some extra cash I had laying around.  Hope the rest of the trip continues unhindered.  Sorry for the delay, didn't see this until today.

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2013, 08:04:23 AM »
Sent him $40.  Let me know what his financial situation is like at the end of the month.  I said before I was willing to financially support the private server development team, and I'll stand by that.

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2013, 08:40:01 AM »
Well I just dug out my copy of the launch client. The good news is that all of the attribute tables and modifier tables are present in classes.bin, though it seems that it wasn't for quite some time after that anyone knew what they meant.
Actually, I had the reverse problem.  I knew how scale values worked but didn't have access to the tables until Iakona came along, because I wasn't interested in pigg diving at the time.  But that's a long story.

Captain Electric

• Elite Boss
  • Crime doesn't pay, evildoers!
    • CoH Faces Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2013, 08:58:31 AM »
But that's a long story.

Am I the only person who was like, "Aww, I kind of like Arcana's stories..."  :D

MindBlender

• Boss
  • My Main was a healer, wish he was here now.
« Reply #56 on: February 28, 2013, 11:59:51 AM »
Actually, I had the reverse problem.  I knew how scale values worked but didn't have access to the tables until Iakona came along, because I wasn't interested in pigg diving at the time.  But that's a long story.

I would be even more interested in a story about pigg diving.  Did something go so wrong on your last pigg dive?  :o
All my computer skill was used up on my Commodore 64 decades ago...

Servantes

• Minion
« Reply #57 on: February 28, 2013, 02:49:00 PM »
This guy abids, try not to spend it all in one place.

GuyPerfect

• Mary Poppins
  • Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #58 on: February 28, 2013, 03:22:45 PM »
This guy abids, try not to spend it all in one place.

O-:

You didn't accidentally add a 0 to the end of that, did you?

Servantes

• Minion
« Reply #59 on: February 28, 2013, 03:29:11 PM »
O-:

You didn't accidentally add a 0 to the end of that, did you?

Nope I sent with intent, enjoy.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 03:36:28 PM by Servantes »