Author Topic: Is the RP any good yet?  (Read 2290 times)

Waffles

• Elite Boss
Is the RP any good yet?
« on: March 08, 2013, 09:36:42 PM »
Warped One here stopped playing CO around decemberish., I used to occassionally pop by the club area, but all i find usually is just -bad- roleplayers, no offense, but compared to CoH, it's basically impossible to start a conversation with them :\

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
Re: Is the RP any good yet?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 09:45:43 PM »
There are some.

Should have no problem finding some on the COX channel given that many if not most were ex-COX players and within that group some claimed to RPed. I think that subject came up in the COX chat last night.

The club caprice is like pocket D, a bit of a "wtf is going here" to outsiders.

There are probably more people who is itching to RP but feel Club Caprice is a bit not up to par with the expected type and depth of rp as many ex-COXers are used to. Maybe it's about high time that the RP group band together and even find a new establishment unless they want to be surrounded by that type of RP.

Like me personally I stopped going to the Pocket D because it seemed there was only one type of role play. ERP. Cant talk to someone more than two lines without some perversion topic coming up. Not to mention it was rare to see people RP there that wasnt a cat girl or looking for a catgirl or looking for general ERP at least at the times I went. Kind of like the situation you are in now. It wasnt my cup of tea. From my view, a bunch of people that havent worked out their raging hormones out yet, but more power to them. Thus, I found RPers that wasnt interested in ERP or only could RP on a catgirl and foudn other spots to RP instead of depending on one area or nothing. Rp is allowed anywhere unfortunately one particular area tends to attract more RPers which is usually a type of RP that is not in everyone's interest.

Try out the COX channel. There is usually at last a half dozen people at any given time that is in the sasme situation as you but looking for others to RP with like the "old days". I say group up, find a spot, and operate from there. RP is not a feature that must always be done in Club Caprice just like in COX RP did not as a rule have to be done only in Pocket D.

Rotten Luck

• Elite Boss
  • "I'd rather go out a hero than a coward."
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2013, 10:55:24 PM »
There is the OOC Roleplay channel for CO.  It's CORP that you can join with out invite.  The In character RP you need to talk to a CORP mod to get an invite to.  Basically you need to read up on the rules one the CORP Forum.  Basic stuff mostly the same rules we have here on Titan.
One way or another... Heroes will fly again!

Epelesker

• Boss
  • One fix at a time!
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2013, 05:04:51 AM »
Basically, CORP in general is really good.

Lily Barclay

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2013, 02:29:57 PM »
I've seen some RP at Carl's (or whoever it is) Gym. It seemed a lot less erpy than Caprice.

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2013, 02:51:43 PM »
Minefield Club, Mystic Foundry, Arms outlet, Carl's Gym, Sherrera's Bar, Club Caprice, WCOC, and a few other venues feature RP that is of good quality.
Spess

JRVthatsME

• Lieutenant
  • When times are hard, take a stand and dont give up
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2013, 01:39:57 PM »
what we really need are supergroup bases, or at the very least hideouts that can be set to a kinda supergroup outpost mode which can fit more players in them at once and members of the owners supergroup can go to anytime without needing to be invited. (And of course a special bonus for the hideout owner to make it worth while doing for them).

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2013, 02:22:40 PM »
SG bases and the Foundry, if you ask me. So we can make up for the game's lack of interesting content by making our own. For those who don't know, the Foundry is Cryptic's player generated content thing in STO and Neverwinter, like Architect in CoH. I'm not the only one who wants it ported to Champions, I'm sure.