Author Topic: A Wallpaper Idea  (Read 2300 times)

Maressa

• Boss
A Wallpaper Idea
« on: March 11, 2013, 11:53:23 AM »
So, I've had this idea rolling around in my head for a few weeks. Between my husband and I we had over 100 characters that survived without deletion. I'd really love to have a wallpaper of all of our characters together standing/sitting/floating on the steps of City Hall. Unfortunately I've discovered I'm a bit hopeless with this sort of thing! Even the DEMOlition thing seems to be a bit over my head. I'm sure I'm missing something simple (like where to get whatever it is you put the demo record file into to make it work).

So here is what I'm hoping for:

Someone to be my adviser on the project. Help me through all the silly little issues that come up along the way. And be available via email to answer my noobish questions.

or

Someone willing to do it for me. Lazy way out I admit. But at the moment I don't think demoing is for me.

or

A "Demoing for Dummies" sort of step by step tutorial and introduction to demoing.

Thanks in advance for any help and advice!

wei yau

• Boss
Re: A Wallpaper Idea
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 11:38:43 AM »
I am intrigued by this project.

But first, I need to know if you have your characters already in a .demo format or at least the .costume file you want them to appear in.  If so, then a huge amount of work is avoided since they don't have to be recreated in the Costume Creator (Icon).

One hundred characters is an awful lot and I am concerned that either they won't easily fit in the scene or you will have to pull the camera so far back, that they become difficult to see.  But, those details can be worked out.

I can't commit to doing this just yet, as it will be a significant time investment.  How soon do you want this done?

Here's some of the stuff I've done, for reference:

Some group shots of my own characters,

The Zodiac Guardsmen

The Legio Praetoria

As well as one with my SG mates, 'The Dauntless Reverie"

Like I said, this could be fun and I've been looking for a new Demo project.  I ask for nothing in return besides your patience, your cooperation and frequent and effusive praise

Maressa

• Boss
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 03:08:08 PM »
Thanks so much for the interest wei yau! I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch with me and more.

Arachnion

• Elite Boss
  • Professional Cynic
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 05:42:31 PM »
You might be interested in this http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,7244.msg88795.html#msg88795

It is a group demo shot tutorial.

:D
I'm all dressed up with nowhere to go
Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder

Waiting for an invitation to arrive
Goin' to a party where no one's still alive