Author Topic: Could this be...  (Read 2731 times)

ahmpizzedoff

• Minion
Could this be...
« on: March 18, 2013, 04:23:46 PM »
...why we never heard back from Disney?

The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) interactive managed to contribute just $9 million to Disney's operating profit last quarter, by far the lowest of its five business segments. And the unit has been a consistent money loser for the entertainment giant, yanking $216 million, $308 million, and $234 million in profits from its books over the last three years.

Read more at http://www.insidermonkey.com/blog/is-the-walt-disney-company-dis-scared-of-activision-blizzard-inc-atvi-86739/#T14sFr9xQPXf4oeo.99
Keeper of the toons from the SG, Sugar Coated Suicide, Freedom
Older'n Dirt and proud of it!

The White Rager

• Lieutenant
    • The Wordpile
Re: Could this be...
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 04:36:26 PM »
I'm pretty sure it's still too soon to comment on the fact that we haven't heard anything yet. And you could argue this article both ways: on the flip side of it, if that's how the competition runs, why shouldn't they want to pick up a title with a certain amount of guarantee?

FaelenLou

• Underling
Re: Could this be...
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 04:39:40 PM »
I have to agree with Rager here that you have to look at the article another way.

My take on it is that they're going to want to focus on an original development based off of a highly lucrative model rather than something small.